Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Convention Forum
Cosplay History Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dictator Shuri

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:21 am
during the Final Fantasy photoshoot at Ohayocon 2009, a yaoi shot consisting of zack, genesis and sephiroth (who my friend was cosplaying as) got out of hand and ended up with everyone smooshed into a giant hug, and tifa grabbing poor sephy's butt xD O.O

i wanted my dad to cosplay as watari when i was cosplaying as L, but to get out of it he offered to help me make my giant, signable Deathnote cosplay, and now it has signatures of so many characters and aaron dismuke, so i think it was a fair trade off 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:00 am
Dictator Shuri
i wanted my dad to cosplay as watari when i was cosplaying as L, but to get out of it he offered to help me make my giant, signable Deathnote cosplay, and now it has signatures of so many characters and aaron dismuke, so i think it was a fair trade off 3nodding

Where was this at?
At Anime Detour 08, there was someone wearing a huge death note, and all of the Light cosplayers signed it. It was pretty cool. smile

So far I've only done Izumi, from FMA, and Misa, from Death Note.

The Izumi one flopped. It was my first convention, so I was already nervous, but then it was also really cold. So I had to wear my big hoodie over my (pretty good) cosplay, so no one knew who I was. I was pretty sad.

When I was cosplaying as Misa (AD 200 cool , I was attacked just about everywhere I went. I was trying to find my younger sister (we had been separated while collecting our badges, and I was supposed to keep an eye on her). I walked out into the court yard, and five or six different people jumped on me, screaming, "Misa-misa! I want a hug!"
It was pretty terrifying.

For next year, I'm planning on cosplaying Sheena, from Tales of Symphonia, and a steampunk version of the Medic, from Team Fortress 2.

Frosted Muffin Cakes

Rinkun

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:22 pm
My most recent costumes were of Philia Philis from Tales of Destiny, Jay the Unseen from Tales of Legendia and the Librarian from Trickster online.

Currently working on Onee from Eden of the East, Rin from Katawa Shoujo and Beryl from Tales of Hearts

Worst moment in costume, good ol' me back in 03, trying to conserve food spending, ate very little and ended up fainting Friday night. This should be a good lesson to learn that you really should listen to those 621 rules!

Best moment? All I can think of is the skit I was in at Tekkoshocon in 2004. The head of our Charmander got cut off and flew into the audience.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:27 pm
So far I've cosplayed as:
-Haruhi Suzumiya (The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya)
-Mail Jeevas (Death Note) Turned out to be a fail since I had shoulder langth hair when I cosplayed him. I wanted to at least dye my hair red but I went as Suzumiya the day before so I was lazy.
-Ash (Pokemon) This was just a quick cosplay 'cause I wanted to be someone recognizable at school. XD)
-Diego Armando (Phoenix Wright)
-Maka Albarn (Soul Eater) I made my scythe a little too big (I realized that like, after the convention) & I was carrying it around all day. The next day my hands were sore. DX

My future cosplays include:
-Sealand (Axis Powers Hetalia)
-Iori Yagami (King of Fighters)
-Maggey Byrde (Phoenix Wright)
-Russia (Axis Powers Hetalia)
-Miku (An Cafe- Kakusei HEROISM PV)  

Spartan1024

iheartevil

5,150 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:46 pm
My cosplay list includes-
Naru Osaka from Sailor Moon (pajamas)
Naru Osaka from Sailor Moon (school uniform)
Random school girl
American McGee's Alice (there have been two versions of this costume, and I need to remake it yet again)
Rena from Higurashi
Cooking Mama
Pansy Parkinson from Harry Potter

The only one that has any kind of interesting story attached is my least recognized one, the pajama version of Naru. I wore it to my first ACen and as I was waiting for my friends to get done at the Sailor Moon photoshoot, this girl dressed as Sailor Moon comes up to me and calls me by my LJ name. We talked for awhile and she knew quite a bit about me, but to this day I have NO idea who she is or how she came across my LJ.

I did get semi-stalked by a guy when I was dressed as American McGee's Alice once. He kept demanding that I throw jack bombs at him. I eventually had to change out of the costume to get him to leave me alone.

When I did the random school uniform people kept asking me what I was from, and I managed to convince quite a few people that I was from a new anime called Zombie Horror no Boku. I even had people insist they had seen this show and discuss it with me.

Okay, I guess I had more interesting stories than I thought I did.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:16 pm
hm..

Cosplayed as: Ash ketchum, Vincent Valentine, Sora, Leon Kennedy, Sonic the hedgehog (super Gijinka)...

my first cosplay was done before I knew what cosplay was... I was Ash for a pokemon TCG tourny... I had all the clothes accept the gloves which I went out and bought, and then a also found the hat in a target and flipped my lid (I was obsessed with pokemon when I was 10, like most of japan and america)... I carried damage counters in a pokeball on my belt loop that I got from a burger king...

my second was vincent valentine... uuugh... the fangirls... quick, I must escape the memory..

one memorable one was my first convention... I was sora from KH2.... one of the red pockets on the side of my shorts fell off, and a larxene saw it and yoinked it... we then had a cat and mouse chase through the first and second floor lobbies... she was quite cute and turned out real nice... we had a wonderful following evening (not going into details XP )... and the next day I met a cute kairi that wanted me to help her photoshoot (I was the only normal form sora she could find) and we learned later that we only lived about 10 minutes away from one another at our home state... we hang out often now and eat sushi...

and as an added note, on the last day of every con I attend, I persuade my roomates to borrow one item from each costume and make a huge hogdepodge of characters in one... last time I wore captain falcon pants, ash hat, sand village headband around my neck, sonic shoes, carried a keyblade, wore Edward Elric's Jacket, Hollow ichigo mask, and had the shirt from the main character of prince of tennis...  

ABSOLUTI0N

Moonlight Mystic Fox

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:23 pm
Well, I guess I could split my cosplays in two...
In order...

Conventions:
Rikku (FFX)
Aion - Demon form (Chrno Crusade)
Matsumoto Rangiku (Bleach)
Byakuya (Bleach)
Riku (KH2, blindfold)
Xemnas (KH2, organisation coat)
Xemnas - HT version (KH2)
Zero (Vampire Knight)
Elena (FFVII) (was suppose to only be for meetups... rigghhttt)

Meetups / Photoshoot (not convention related):
Rangiku - Schoolgirl version (Bleach)
Tsunade (Naruto)
Riku - JRock random version (KH2)

And I bet I'm forgetting some, I'm sure I am, but oh well...

Future cosplay (aka 2010):
Sephiroth (for those who knows me, I'm going crazy and will make the one wing, Jenova's head and masamune @_@ Aion take 2 it seems XD)
Ichiru (Vampire Knight)
Marik or Bakura (YGO)
Maria Renard (Castlevania: SotN)

For the story, well this year I got some fangirls as Byakuya AND Xemnas, as well as some random glomping before the person ran away O_o
We also managed to be a big gang of KH2 at Anime North, and I was the only Xemnas of the convention, and our Saix the only one too biggrin But gosh, NEVER WEAR ORGANISATION COAT AT ANIME NORTH AGAIN! You could have fried an egg on my coat, seriously! And HT for the last day? Ahahah, I still have some odd sunburns remains on my arms -_-;;

Otherwise, last year, when wearing Aion, I realised something... Big swords attrack people, yes, but try opening your WINGS, those things are paparazzi magnets! XD If you saw someone walking sideways in the dealer room of AN08 the sunday, that probably was me, trying not to knock anyone off while not wanting to fold my wings back, lol.

I also learned something very important last year, never, I repeat, NEVER run while wearing Matsumoto without holding some parts beforehand, or guys will notice (and some girls XD). Plus be careful of every Orochimaru while wearing Tsunade, they're most of the time the most perverts out of the bunch!  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:01 am
Since I'm new to this guild, might as well share some.

Past cosplays:
Princess Garnet Til Alexandros XVII, a.k.a. Dagger (Final Fantasy IX)
The Boss/The Joy (Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater)

Fuujin (Final Fantasy VIII)
Tron Bonne (Megaman Legends series, Marvel vs. Capcom 2, Misadventures of Tron Bonne!, NamcoXCapcom)
Death (The Sandman comics)
Zatanna (DC comics)

Future cosplays:
Dagger (Marvel comics, Spiderman)

I've also re-done much of my Princess Garnet/Dagger cosplay, which remains my favorite video game character. This I will be wearing this to Another Anime Con, with my dad cosplaying as Captain Steiner.

I am (eventually) being handed a Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Kadaj leather cosplay (serious). I'll cosplay that as soon as I find myself a silver wig. =D  

Daggerhime

Cooley Fair

5,300 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:49 am
Hmmm... Lessee...

1. Mello from Death Note (Aurora-con 2007)

That was really really stupid. There's just no other way to put it. It was a horrid closet-play which included an over-sized black vest, blue jeans, too long hair, eyeliner and darker base to create a "scar", and uncomfortable and huge combat boots. -.- I failed so hard. But there was a Matt, there, so it made me happy. 8D

2. Lust from FMA (Senshi-con 200 cool

Another really bad closet-play. I basically hacked an old Halloween witch costume to tiny bits to try and make the dress. I ended up putting the Uroboros mark way to far down (EEP. Red sharpie boobage! D cool . The damn sleeves tore, and my boots' heels started to tear off not long after the convention ended. They are now dead. crying R.I.P. my favorite boots.

3. Rin Sohma from Fruits Basket (Aurora-con 2008: Day 1)

Another crappy closet-play. And a horrid wig. And halloween hair-sprayed bangs. crying I'm so glad I didn't take any pictures of myself that day.

4. Trish from Devil May Cry (Aurora-con 2008: Day 2)

-sigh- See above. It was crappy.

5. Trish from Devil May Cry (Senshi-con 2009)

I had worked on it quite a bit, so I was happier with it. Just...my feet weren't, since I was volunteering that day and was constantly on my feet with boots that had teeny tiny heel ...er....y'know what I mean. Spindly. It was embarrassing, too, since there was an uber-cute Dante cosplayer there. Made a fool of myself on top o' that. crying

6. Nero from Devil May Cry (Senshi-con 2010)

Still working on it! The jacket is almost finished, and my Aunt is making the vest down in Seattle. 8D Thank gods for seamstresses. All that's left is the insignia on the left sleeve, the brown-leathery bits on the back and sides, and the brown-leathery bits for the pants. (And a Blue Rose, if I can get the materials. -crosses fingers-)

Okay. I've rambled enough. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:02 pm
Ok here I go:
Past cosplays
Squall Leonheart- FFVIII, one time only deal, don't ask
L- Death Note
Kyon- Haruhi Suzimiya
Captain Kisuke Urahara- Bleach, gotta redo it cuz I lost the inner shihakusho crying
Leon Kennedy- Resident Evil 4

Future cosplays

Kamui Lee- D. Gray Man
Lavi- D. Gray Man

and for laughs, check this out:
Me embarrassing myself to waste time
enjoy  

The Lone Wolf Jedi

3,500 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250

seasonofthelich

Married Kitten

8,275 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Married 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:57 pm
Well, I guess I'll share, too. xP Though, these are in no particular order. Recent CosPlays are tagged with an asterisk(*), and new future submissions are tagged with three asterisks(***).

Past CosPlays:
- Casual/Crown Clown Allen Walker (D.Gray-man)*
- Yugi Motou (Yu-Gi-Oh!)*
- Haninozuka "Hunny" Mitsukuni (Ouran High School Host Club)*
- Shuichi Shindou (Gravitation)
- Edward Elric (FullMetal Alchemist)* (Note: No, he is not my boyfriend; he kissed me out of the blue --I wasn't paying attention, really--, and, having stage knowledge, I had to just, well, go with it. Love the guy to death, just not in that way. My actual boyfriend is the guy dressed in all black with the gun and the swords. <3)
- "Chibi" Saix (Kingdom Hearts)
- Sailor Moon (Sailor Moon)
- Tinker Bell (Peter Pan)
- Agent J (Elite Beat Agents)
- Namine (Kingdom Hearts)
- Yuffi (Final Fantasy VII/Kingdom Hearts)
- Frodo Baggins (Lord of the Rings)
- Snake-Eyes (G.I. Joe/G.I. Joe Resolute)*
- Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji/Black Butler)
- Shibuya Yuuri (Kyou Kara Maou!)
- Terra (Teen Titans)*
- Black/Dark Magician Girl (Yu-Gi-Oh!)

CosPlays for the Near Future:
- Number Three (3) (9)***
- Light Alice (Alice in Wonderland)***
- Frost (Mortal Kombat)***
- Crown Clown/Season Three Allen Walker (D.Gray-man)
- Son Goku (Saiyuki)
- Dagger (Marvel's "Cloak and Dagger")
- Wizardmon (Digimon)
- Forte/Bass (Rockman.EXE/Megaman.EXE)
- Staryu (With Ocean) (Pokémon)

Future CosPlays:
- Robin (The original TV show "Batman and Robin")
- Ray (Beyblade)
- Sakura (Card Captor Sakura)
- Syaoran Li (Card Captor Sakura)
- Daisuke Niwa (DNAngel)
- Wolfram von Bielefeld (Kyou Kara Maou!)
- Stephanie (Lazytown)
- Aoyagi "Loveless" Ritsuka (Loveless)
- Haku (Naruto)
- Mute/Mytho (Princess Tutu)
- Sailor Saturn (Sailor Moon)
- Beast Boy (Teen Titans)
- Raven (Teen Titans)
- Slade-version Terra (Teen Titans)
- Aang (Avatar: The Last Air Bender)
- Negi Springfield (Negima?!)
- Gizmo (Teen Titans)
- Static Shock (Static Shock)
- Marluxia (Kingdom Hearts)
- Young Sora (Kingdom Hearts)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:09 pm
Okay... let's see who I've done. (not too many)

• Medusa from Soul eater (Witch costume)::. Connecticon 08
• Ritsuka from Loveless (Vol.6 Costume)::. Another Anime Con 08
• Steam Punk neko Girl::. Aime Boston 09
• Peach raver costume ::. Connecticon 09
• Cyber Toxic (Green/Black Cyber Falls)::. Anime Boston 09

: razz lanned Costumes::

• Medusa (Soul Eater)
• Sugar Bunnie Raver (Sanrio)
• Cyber Pirate
• Ringo - school wear (Air Gear)
• Ume-chan (Air Gear)
• Mikan - Sleeping Forest Outfit (Air Gear)
• Mitsuru (Persona 3)

And I haven't planned any for Anime Boston 10 or CTcon 10, so if anyone wants to coordinate let me know and I'll see if I can. :3 I don't ahve much money, and I can't sew but I'll see if I can swing it.

@Lyre Moon: I know you! I see you ALL the time. :3

AirborneInfection

seasonofthelich

Married Kitten

8,275 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Married 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:45 pm
AirborneInfection
@Lyre Moore: I know you! I see you ALL the time. :3

You do? Have I seen you at ConnectiCon or Anime Boston (2009) before? I don't remember!!?! T__T

I feel like I know you, though. xD Where have you seen me, specifically? I'm so curious now, haha~!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:01 pm
@Frosted Muffin Cakes, it was this past Cleveland Colossalcon in june ^^  

Dictator Shuri

Convention Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out