PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:11 pm
Lieutenant Shotgun
Christizzle
Lieutenant Shotgun
Christizzle
Lieutenant Shotgun
Christizzle
Dogs, hands-down.

I have more respect for dogs than I do cats, in my experience they just have more personality and are overall more intelligent.

I still like cats though when they're cuddly and nice.

I think cats are far more intelligent than dogs. Ever got that e-mail about what goes through a dog's head as opposed to a cat's?

That's nice. I've had dogs and I've had cats. In my personal experience dogs are more trainable and intelligent, to ME. Keyword, me.
I train dogs now and show in AKC and 4-H I've been doing it for about 10 years now, and I'm also in school to become a vet tech.
In my personal experience, cats are not as intelligent as dogs.
Sorry to offend.

I know it was your opinion--I was just stating mine. Yeah, dogs are more trainable... I like thiking that cats think they're too cool to learn tricks. But they do learn their own names. o3o That's good enough for me.

Oh, you are? That's pretty cool. What I mean is that, yes, dogs are more trainable, but intelligent and trainable are indeed two different things. They aren't completely different beasts, of course, but they are indeed different. Plus, cats are naturally more mellow than dogs.

You didn't [offend me].
But don't get snippy, dear. You may have more experience with dogs than I do, but I don't want to sense a sixteenth of an ounce of arrogance coming from you, or anyone else.

I'm not being arrogant about it. I was just saying, I have a bit of experience with cats and dogs, and throughout my experience I've found dogs to be a bit smarter. It doesn't mean I think cats are retarded, they're quite intelligent too.
And you're right about the trainablity/ intelligence thing, I haven't really thought about it like that.

Oh, I know you weren't. I just don't like feeling even the smallest tinge of arrogance in anything anyone says. Arrogance is one of my pet peeves.

I never thought that you thought (arrgh, why does English sound so shitty sometimes?) cats were... mentally challenged, (I hate the word retarded) if you will, though some are. I once had a kitten who pounced at my fingers when I typed.

It's just English confusing things. In all reality, trainability and intelligence are a lot alike because you need smarts to learn, and... I should have something to add to that but I can't think of anything. o3o

Yeah.. My mom's boyfriend has a... 'mentally challenged' rottweiler named Brewster.. he's had him for like.. a year and he still doesn't know his name and won't come when called. I've tried to teach that dog to sit before, and it's like no one's home in his tiny little brain. D:
He has this clouded over look in his eyes (not cataracts) like he's totally oblivious.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:13 pm
I LIKE CATS! >:B

I can take mine out for walks, and I don't have to pick up their s**t! =D  

broken_bleeding_angel

Desirable Sex Symbol

Lieutenant Shotgun

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:15 pm
broken_bleeding_angel

BECAUSE THEY DON'T WALK LONG ENOUGH TO HAVE TIME TO TAKE A DUMP! 8D  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:05 am
Christizzle
Lieutenant Shotgun
Christizzle
Dogs, hands-down.

I have more respect for dogs than I do cats, in my experience they just have more personality and are overall more intelligent.

I think cats are far more intelligent than dogs. Ever got that e-mail about what goes through a dog's head as opposed to a cat's?

That's nice. I've had dogs and I've had cats. In my personal experience dogs are more trainable and intelligent, to ME. Keyword, me.
I train dogs now and show in AKC and 4-H I've been doing it for about 10 years now, and I'm also in school to become a vet tech.
Sorry to offend.

The reason why cats can't be trained is because they are to smart to listen to us. Dogs are simple minded and can be easily trained when food is involved. By the way, arrogance will get you no where. As for your experience, I've worked with animals for a very long time myself and have owned several different kinds of animals. Trust me when I say, I know what I'm talking about.  

Matron Mord Sith

Christizzle

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:42 pm
I am your Mord Sith
Christizzle
Lieutenant Shotgun
Christizzle
Dogs, hands-down.

Sorry to offend.

The reason why cats can't be trained is because they are to smart to listen to us. Dogs are simple minded and can be easily trained when food is involved. By the way, arrogance will get you no where. As for your experience, I've worked with animals for a very long time myself and have owned several different kinds of animals. Trust me when I say, I know what I'm talking about.

And being easily trainable has nothing to do with intelligence? Elaborate please, you have me confused.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:15 pm
Christizzle
I am your Mord Sith
Christizzle
Lieutenant Shotgun
Christizzle
Dogs, hands-down.

Sorry to offend.

And being easily trainable has nothing to do with intelligence? Elaborate please, you have me confused.

What else do I need to explain? Dogs are SIMPLE minded and are easily trained. Notice how the smarter animals are more difficult to train, for an example a cat or a horse. Horses and cats are to damn clever for their own good (PM me for some funny horse stories -_- Mavric is working on my last nerve) You hold up a treat to a dog and its ready to jump through ******** hoops to get that treat. Their minds aren't complex at all and there really isn't much to them.

I compare my dogs to all my other animals and my other animals seem alot more intelligent. Maybe once you own a large variety animals like I do, you'll understand what I'm saying.  

Matron Mord Sith

broken_bleeding_angel

Desirable Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:37 pm
Lieutenant Shotgun
broken_bleeding_angel

BECAUSE THEY DON'T WALK LONG ENOUGH TO HAVE TIME TO TAKE A DUMP! 8D

No. D:< It's cuz she uses a box lol.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:47 pm
I am your Mord Sith
Christizzle
I am your Mord Sith
Christizzle
Lieutenant Shotgun
Christizzle
Dogs, hands-down.

Sorry to offend.

What else do I need to explain? Dogs are SIMPLE minded and are easily trained. Notice how the smarter animals are more difficult to train, for an example a cat or a horse. Horses and cats are to damn clever for their own good (PM me for some funny horse stories -_- Mavric is working on my last nerve) You hold up a treat to a dog and its ready to jump through ******** hoops to get that treat. Their minds aren't complex at all and there really isn't much to them.

I compare my dogs to all my other animals and my other animals seem alot more intelligent. Maybe once you own a large variety animals like I do, you'll understand what I'm saying.

Dogs can be simple minded in the respect that they are so trainable, you're right, and that's where I will agree but, I think they are very socially intelligent though, and I admire their pack structure/ communication (I think as humans we can learn from them in that way). And oh yes, there is a lot too them, I disagree with you there, they are complex social animals.
Oh,I have owned a large variety of animals too. Dogs, horses, cats, guinea pigs, rats, birds, fish, mice, goats, chickens, the list goes on.
I resent what you say about dogs 'jumping through hoops' to get a treat. Not all dogs are food motivated, Dog training 101. My border collie is too damn neurotic to give a s**t about what food I'm waving in front of her face, I reward her with a "good girl" and some petting. I don't know where you got the idea that as long as you have food any dog will do anything you ask.
Dogs are just more valuable to me than cats. Cats are cuddly and sweet, but too independent for my liking.

Christizzle

Laughter Epidemic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:05 pm
i like cats.
cause they just lie around all day  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:11 pm
Laughter Epidemic
i like cats.
cause they just lie around all day

One of my dogs is like that.
She's so lazy, we joke that she's secretly a cat in disguise. ; )

Christizzle

Matron Mord Sith

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:33 pm
Christizzle
I am your Mord Sith
Christizzle
I am your Mord Sith
Christizzle

Sorry to offend.

Dogs can be simple minded in the respect that they are so trainable, you're right, and that's where I will agree but, I think they are very socially intelligent though, and I admire their pack structure/ communication (I think as humans we can learn from them in that way). And oh yes, there is a lot too them, I disagree with you there, they are complex social animals.
Oh,I have owned a large variety of animals too. Dogs, horses, cats, guinea pigs, rats, birds, fish, mice, goats, chickens, the list goes on.
I resent what you say about dogs 'jumping through hoops' to get a treat. Not all dogs are food motivated, Dog training 101. My border collie is too damn neurotic to give a s**t about what food I'm waving in front of her face, I reward her with a "good girl" and some petting. I don't know where you got the idea that as long as you have food any dog will do anything you ask.
Dogs are just more valuable to me than cats. Cats are cuddly and sweet, but too independent for my liking.

All breeds are different but the mass majority of them leap through hoops for a treat. Dogs in my opinion are to needy and I admire the independence that cats have. You underestimate just how clever felines are, and as a pet owner I figured that you would know that. Just because cats aren't a cling on like dogs are, that doesn't make them any less valuable. Dogs have their strong/weak points as do cats but its my personal opinion that cats make better pets because they suit my personal taste. You have your opinions and I have mine.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:40 pm
I am your Mord Sith
Christizzle
I am your Mord Sith
Christizzle
I am your Mord Sith
Christizzle

Sorry to offend.

All breeds are different but the mass majority of them leap through hoops for a treat. Dogs in my opinion are to needy and I admire the independence that cats have. You underestimate just how clever felines are, and as a pet owner I figured that you would know that. Just because cats aren't a cling on like dogs are, that doesn't make them any less valuable. Dogs have their strong/weak points as do cats but its my personal opinion that cats make better pets because they suit my personal taste. You have your opinions and I have mine.

Did I ever say felines weren't clever? If I did, my bad, I take that back.
Dogs are more valuable to ME.
Which is why I train them. I didn't say cats weren't valuable.  

Christizzle

Co0lest_Sweetiie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:41 pm
You cry, I cry. You laugh, i laugh, You jump off a cliff i laugh EVEN HARDER...

Cat's. They don't bark loudly. Well when their hungry or need attention or something. But dogs are scary. They bark and they get all crazey when the doorbell rings. But it's weird how i have a friggin, non-dangerous pitbull in my house. haha. I luv em' both. But mostly cats.

...So stick that in your juice box && suck it!

>Click Here to make me happy.<

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:44 pm
Christizzle
Lieutenant Shotgun
Christizzle
Lieutenant Shotgun
Christizzle

Sorry to offend.

I know it was your opinion--I was just stating mine. Yeah, dogs are more trainable... I like thiking that cats think they're too cool to learn tricks. But they do learn their own names. o3o That's good enough for me.

Oh, you are? That's pretty cool. What I mean is that, yes, dogs are more trainable, but intelligent and trainable are indeed two different things. They aren't completely different beasts, of course, but they are indeed different. Plus, cats are naturally more mellow than dogs.

You didn't [offend me].
But don't get snippy, dear. You may have more experience with dogs than I do, but I don't want to sense a sixteenth of an ounce of arrogance coming from you, or anyone else.

I'm not being arrogant about it. I was just saying, I have a bit of experience with cats and dogs, and throughout my experience I've found dogs to be a bit smarter. It doesn't mean I think cats are retarded, they're quite intelligent too.
And you're right about the trainablity/ intelligence thing, I haven't really thought about it like that.

Oh, I know you weren't. I just don't like feeling even the smallest tinge of arrogance in anything anyone says. Arrogance is one of my pet peeves.

I never thought that you thought (arrgh, why does English sound so shitty sometimes?) cats were... mentally challenged, (I hate the word retarded) if you will, though some are. I once had a kitten who pounced at my fingers when I typed.

It's just English confusing things. In all reality, trainability and intelligence are a lot alike because you need smarts to learn, and... I should have something to add to that but I can't think of anything. o3o

Yeah.. My mom's boyfriend has a... 'mentally challenged' rottweiler named Brewster.. he's had him for like.. a year and he still doesn't know his name and won't come when called. I've tried to teach that dog to sit before, and it's like no one's home in his tiny little brain. D:
He has this clouded over look in his eyes (not cataracts) like he's totally oblivious.

LOL. I think that sounds cute.  

Lieutenant Shotgun

Christizzle

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:22 am
Lieutenant Shotgun
Christizzle
Lieutenant Shotgun
Christizzle
Lieutenant Shotgun
Christizzle

Sorry to offend.

You didn't [offend me].

LOL. I think that sounds cute.

Yeah. Rottweilers are good dogs, and are generally very good with children and are smart, with the exception of Brewster of course.  
20. ✿ - - - Debating

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff