Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply GGG Contests
Feed back required! All geezers please read. + registar. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Team play or every man/woman for themselves?
Team!! There's no I in team.
63%
 63%  [ 233 ]
Solo!! I wantsh it! Gimme the precious!!
36%
 36%  [ 132 ]
Total Votes : 365

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:10 pm
I think the teams should be chosen randomly. Maybe use the random number function somehow?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:49 pm
Well I would go for teams. Cause I feel I be crappy by myself xD; then again if I was in a team, don't wanna let anyone down....hmmm this is tough! sweatdrop  

N0che

Eileen50

Distinct Trainer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:20 pm
Kits Rose
I think the teams should be chosen randomly. Maybe use the random number function somehow?

I think that's a really good idea! But this would all depend on how many people want to play, establish how many should be on each team, and that would eventually result in how many teams we might end up with. Or we could just stick with the 4 teams based the Rejected Olympics event, and RN for placement on those 4 teams.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:02 am
I definitely think teams should at the very least be tried for future reference. I like the idea of teams because trying to go through all the threads by yourself is a bit overwhelming and kind of makes you not want to try.

There are a few problems with the team model, though. As others have brought up already, they like the idea of solo because then they won't feel pressure from or responsibility to the team. Those that are really competitive can end up chewing out teammates for not "doing their part", even if it is out of that person's hands {such as they have been busy with real life or other obligations have taken precedence over the event}.

Additionally, in both cases of randomly chosen teammates and choosing your own teammates, some teams might end up with an imbalance of active users. Some users in the guild are a lot more active than others and in the end there could end up being one team with just a lot of very active members and another with a lot of not-so-active members.... the very active members team of course is going to have a clear advantage because everyone on the team has more time to participate than the other team.

Perhaps when figuring out who wants to participate, people can put on their "registration" for the event how active they would describe themselves as, figure out how much of each of these activity ranges should be on each team for a balance, and then pull names or something from there to figure out which team they are on. So, for example, if there are to be only two teams and there are 6 highly active members, you can pull names from a hat or something to figure out which are on team A and which are on team B, but each team will only have 3 of these "highly active members" to ensure there is an even amount on each team.

Actually, I just now came up with the idea of having each activity group have a different set of numbers to roll or choose from, and you determine which team they are on based on the number they rolled from their particular number range. So for the example above, perhaps you would have each generate a random number between 1 and 6 {repeat numbers would have to try again}, and then you could say that 1, 3, and 5 are on team A and 2, 4, and 6 are on team B... or just split it down the middle since it's random anyway. {123 A, 456 B} Then do similar for the other groups, changing the number based on how many people are in the group. In the end the teams are still chosen at random, but there is a balance of online activity the teams have.

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

bandaidd
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:22 am
i don't see much problem with active people being unhappy with less active. people can sign up for threads they want to go through according to the time they have and everyone is helping unless they don't do what they sign up for....

the real go-getters can sign up for and go through the huge daunting threads and people with less time can sign up for shorties as they are able. this way, everyone contributes to their ability and the group benefits from whatever people are able to do.

we would just need a thread for each group, possibly or a team captain everyone could PM to if they want to keep things private.... could even post somewhere else in gaia if secrecy is desired. I own a dead guild that could be used for such a purpose.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:10 pm
teams sound fun - I'd me more likely to be involved
- well lady ayami chan - one of us...

*gets confused*  

lady leko-chan

Desirable Sex Symbol

Ringlefinch
Crew

Shameless Exhibitionist

9,950 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:11 am
Well by an overwhelming proportion, Team play is well in the lead.

Just to clear a few questions,... The teams will be chosen by the crew. We will look at the join date and amount of posts in order to determine how active a member is and try to make things as fair as possible.

I do not want to hear quibbling about who's not pulling there weight or who has an unfair advantage due to there 4 gig processor. Blah blah blah.

This is a game, for fun and some of us have lives that prevent us from dedicating much time to events like this.

All team winnings will be split equally between the team players regardless of enthusiasm. If you dont help your team then the chances are your team will loose. Your shamey to remember that every time you see them afterward.

The event hasn't had a start date set yet either Im afraid but it will be some time before Xmass in order to ensure you can find some time to dedicate to it. (Hopefully that also means you'll have a nice fat pocket full of gold to buy me your friends prezzies with)

The event banner will be coming shortly. Please use it in your sigs or tekFormats so we can get a really good turn out for the game!

If we get over 50 players I will double the amount's of icons and increase the pay out to TWO MILLION GOLD

3nodding

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:39 am
Teams sound like fun! It will (hopefully) connect guild members in a more personal way...I'm always up for making new friends! I'm really looking forward to participating in this event!  

Cat Sapphire

Dedicated Gaian

41,975 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500

Maune

Fashionable Connoisseur

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:42 am
I like Bandaidds and TES's idea for picking teams but i'm up for anything ^^  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:01 pm
ME WANT IN! xd

FallenSammy

Invisible Disaster

OneCrystalSnowAngel

8,800 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:09 pm
N0che
Well I would go for teams. Cause I feel I be crappy by myself xD; then again if I was in a team, don't wanna let anyone down....hmmm this is tough! sweatdrop

Exactly what I was thinking! You put it into words perfectly.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:09 am
I would like to play in teams. I have been trying to get to know people here but stopped posting a while ago because it seemed kinda pointless to me not being able to get to know people.  

TequilaRose

6,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Full closet 200

TequilaRose

6,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:11 am
wow the forums really are screwed up... my posts are appearing randomly in the middle of already posted conversations...instead of at the end. strange.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:02 am
I am in!!! Teams sound better. Depending on how many join, how many players to a team then? (rough estimate is fine...I know you are still working on this) wink  

wiccan j

KommandoKat

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:45 am
TequilaRose
wow the forums really are screwed up... my posts are appearing randomly in the middle of already posted conversations...instead of at the end. strange.

There was a Glitch earlier Hon where Old Post were Being Deleted and New post were Popping Up in middle of older threads Pages ..(( U prolly already Got that Info LOL..)

I Think Teams would Be Nice ..The Ghostie Hunt was Fun But I agree with some of the Others After PPL started finding them It became Harder to Find By Myself ( as i recall I found NONE "giggles") and as far as letting some one down If You Try Its a Game and all in Fun ..Not Like your earning for Charity or sumthin ...So Im In rofl  
GGG Contests

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff