Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Convention Forum
Cosplay for the Curvy Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

exdraghunt

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:50 pm
I'm kinda the opposite of most the the girls here, as I'm built like a telephone pole. No butt, no boobs.

Not to say I'm a beanstalk, as I'm about 5'11'' and about 220lbs. I'm heavyset, it's just all distributed equally. confused

Anyway, due to this I do almost exclusively crossplays. I'm mistaken for a guy all the time in normal clothes, anyway. I typically pick males who wear more than one layer of clothing. In the past, I've down Ed Elric and Charden Flamberg, and am planning Speed Racer and the Rocketeer in the future.

The plus side here? I never have to bind. My freinds were crossplaying, got bound up and all that, and still bounced around. I just wore a sports bra and was totally fine. biggrin

Every cloud has a silver lining.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:34 pm
hi I'm new to the guild and pretty big like 41 chest 36 waist 40 hips *and all getting bigger* Oh lol i am unfortunatly a girl* I have the really chubby face to and i am short like 5 feet. . .maybe half an inch give or take
I want to cosplay for momocon, it'll be my very first time attempting it. I really want to crossplay, but i dont think i can pull it of.
What/who would you suggest for the bigger boned people?
and i dont particularly like super baggy clothing. I feel as though thy just make me look bigger  

Orange Flavored Amputee

burgawinosourus

Toothsome Phantom

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:05 pm
doctorjackal777
The main rule I have for the 'heavier' individuals that wanna cosplay is pick a cosplay where you're wearing a number of layers or at least mostly covered. Skimpy clothes are a no-no.
I use that as a rule. XD I won't ever wear a midriff showing shirt until my stomach is mostly flat. I little pooch is fine with me. I'm fine with showing most of my legs. Not all of them though.

What really gets me is when someone cosplays something really skimpy like Joe from Burst Angel or Yoko from Gurran Laggan and they don't know their not physically appealing enough for that character. @3@  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:38 pm
i have not been to a con, but i have cosplayed with friends.
people judging the curvier people stems from their own self-hatred and insecurity when it comes to there body, which happens at any size. but i like seeing heavy cosplayers as much as the skinny ones, as long as they dress APPROPRIATE!
i unfortunatly am a twig. in my family there are 2 types, double D boobs small waist and big butt, (which all my sisters got) and the skinny b-cup no butt paperweight. im jealous... yet i still think it would be grosse if i were showing everything off at a con. i mean self respect here. i am NOT gunna be around a thousand people in a bikini.
and thats one thing i dont like about cons.
besides butterfaces, XD  

Archaical

6,750 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

Sweet Trixie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:22 pm
I don't care what size people are, super-revealing cosplays have always seemed to me a little disturbing.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:35 pm
Picture! Look at some others to get a more better body structure of me.
As you can see, I'm not normal sized. xD
I'm 5'5, about 130-142 pounds, because it changes every single day, and I think the only part about me I hate is my belly, and face. D8
My belly is big, I gain most weight there, and it's difficult to loose it.
(If anyone has any help on loosing belly, that would be great!) and my chin, because I have a small double chin when I get a front picture.
I like my legs, they're skinny for my size actually, skinny jeans don't fit my legs, they're too big. xc
I don't believe I'd ever crossplay though.

amanogawatea

Archaical

6,750 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:12 pm
XxXSinister WhispersXxX
Picture! Look at some others to get a more better body structure of me.
As you can see, I'm not normal sized. xD
I'm 5'5, about 130-142 pounds, because it changes every single day, and I think the only part about me I hate is my belly, and face. D8
My belly is big, I gain most weight there, and it's difficult to loose it.
(If anyone has any help on loosing belly, that would be great!) and my chin, because I have a small double chin when I get a front picture.
I like my legs, they're skinny for my size actually, skinny jeans don't fit my legs, they're too big. xc
I don't believe I'd ever crossplay though.

im the same with the belly thing. if you saw my arms or legs youd think im anorexic.. but i have a tiny little bit of flab on my belly that never leaves me alone no matter what. i was told its from too much processed and instant food. who knows though, also genetics. just go for runs. stoomache exercise wont help you lose anything.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:04 am
User Image

I guess most people would call me thin. 17 years old, 103 pounds. But I'm only 4'11". So compared to my height and the rest of my body, my chest is rather large, my hips wide. That combination makes it hard for me to find stuff to cosplay ._. If the height is fine, my hips or breasts aren't, and vice versa. v_v
User Image

Nilokara

Zombifique

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:43 pm
Wow, this is great. ^-^
[Newbie, just going to my first con 2010.]
Lets face it.. Im an big-girl. Tall, 5'7 weight... 235 Have an bust and curves..
Im all exicted to dress up for the 3th time in cosplay. [First was soibi from loveless. Then I was Hinata.]
But, this time im going to an con.. And really don't want to look like a mess in cosplay. So it took forever to think about it till i got an idea.. Choji's just my size..
And Im an girl...
So Im going to be female-choji. XD

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:54 am
"Not even time to finish my cake?"

I'm pretty heavy. 5'4" tall, 42-37-39. I've given up attempting to crossplay - too much pain. I've taken to choosing cosplay characters that are modest, even if they aren't chubby characters.

Because, let's face it, nobody wants to see me in a slave!Leia outfit.

Although I have decided long ago that I will be Cinderella. I love poofy dresses...

NO. THERE IS NO MORE TIME, EVEN FOR CAKE. FOR YOU, THE CAKE IS OVER. YOU HAVE REACHED THE END OF CAKE.

Freak Parade

Shameless Conventioneer

Zenoth Ashaphar

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:20 am
as a guy, I would like to say that I love people (in general) who decide to cosplay despite insecurities or getting heckled.

Some of the best cosplays I've ever seen are from curvy women, because they have, I don't know, character? smile

Love to you all, you're gorgeous.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:28 am
AirborneInfection
I've got some curves going on as well. I've got a big butt AND boobs (damn my spanish side....) but the rest of me is actually quiet small. It's hard to find something that compliments both of those larger factors, but I've found a good bra and a pair of spanks (binding undergarments) usually do somewhat of the trick. Also, altering cosplays to fit you personally better, and knowing your body type well enough to know how to accent things, rather then accentuate them.

Ugh... I know how you feel..... Though, I haven't really tried binding with anything besides duct tape and fleece.... XD
I only used duct tape for open shirt binding, and the fleece I had to sew really tight and long... So it was like a tube and would bind effeciently.... It had my boobs down to a B or C... Dx

My thighs are a bit big, which makes it that much harder, but they make my butt look smaller biggrin  

Hypocritical Persecution

7,150 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Person of Interest 200

burgawinosourus

Toothsome Phantom

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:32 pm
Zenoth Ashaphar
as a guy, I would like to say that I love people (in general) who decide to cosplay despite insecurities or getting heckled.

Some of the best cosplays I've ever seen are from curvy women, because they have, I don't know, character? smile

Aaaaawe, Thanks. heart I still think we have our insecurities but we just don't give a damn. At a con, you should be able to have fun without caring what people thing. But being considerate of others is another thing. -_-;; (ie:bathing, show too much skin, etc)  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 5:20 pm
Scientifically Erotic
Zenoth Ashaphar

Aaaaawe, Thanks. heart I still think we have our insecurities but we just don't give a damn. At a con, you should be able to have fun without caring what people thing. But being considerate of others is another thing. -_-;; (ie:bathing, show too much skin, etc)

Absolutely!

Haha, I think everyone agrees on the bathing part!  

Hypocritical Persecution

7,150 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Green Tea Frappuccin0

Dapper Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:10 am

I'm the same when it comes to the large chest and a matching rear, but I'm
      quite small in just about everything else. I'm only 5 feet and 115lbs with a
      35-26-36 sizing. Not to mention I have a baby face that doesn't exactly
      help my situation out. When I try to pick kiddy characters, my 'goods' end
      up getting in the way and people find it oddly unproportioned. Same when
      it's a buxom kind of gal when the face is in the way, and I end up trying to
      cake on some make up to look more mature. x_x

Convention Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces