Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's A Girl Thing! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Family, A Home. 

Tags: Linkin Park, Contests, Hangout, Role Playing, Twilight 

Reply It's A Girl Thing!
About being pro-life or pro-choice... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Now, are you pro-life or pro-choice?
  Pro-life [if so, I want to see what happens if you get impregnated as a result of rape]
  Pro-choice [I agree.]
View Results

Lieutenant Shotgun

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:38 pm
Hester Peche
Hear, hear! Finally!

I'm pro-choice. I don't approve of abortion but, I know it happens...and I know a lot of young lives would end if we didn't allow them.

I hate pro-lifers though, the extreme ones I mean. They came to my school once and had a huge display in the quad, comparing people who get abortions to nazis...and there were huge pictures of aborted fetuses. I wanted to throw up.

Like I said, I don't like abortion...and I will probably never get one--maybe unless I'm raped or something--but I accept them as a part of life.

THANK YOU!  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:14 pm
Lieutenant Shotgun
PRO-LIFE MEANS NO ABORTION. PERIOD. YOU DO NOT GIVE A ******** IF THE GIRL WAS RAPED. THEY HAVE TO GO THROUGH EXCRUCIATING LABOR BECAUSE YOU'RE PRO-CHOICE AND YOU SAY SO.

I think the bolded is supposed to be pro-life. /nitpick

I don't see why life/health issues would make someone pro-choice. If the pro-life argument is that they value life, then allowing an abortion in cases where the mother is in danger holds with their stance.

As for the rape/incest exception, the pro-life side really can't win there. If they allow it, then they value all lives except those resulting from rape/incest. If they oppose it, they don't care for the women who were forced into a pregnancy against their will. They don't want to be viewed as uncompassionate, so it's a catch-22.

There's also the pro-punishment crowd, for whom allowing abortions in the case of rape/incest is completely in line with their beliefs, but that's another discussion entirely.  

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Lieutenant Shotgun

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:41 pm
Zephyrkitty
Lieutenant Shotgun
PRO-LIFE MEANS NO ABORTION. PERIOD. YOU DO NOT GIVE A ******** IF THE GIRL WAS RAPED. THEY HAVE TO GO THROUGH EXCRUCIATING LABOR BECAUSE YOU'RE PRO-CHOICE AND YOU SAY SO.

I don't see why life/health issues would make someone pro-choice. If the pro-life argument is that they value life, then allowing an abortion in cases where the mother is in danger holds with their stance.

As for the rape/incest exception, the pro-life side really can't win there. If they allow it, then they value all lives except those resulting from rape/incest. If they oppose it, they don't care for the women who were forced into a pregnancy against their will. They don't want to be viewed as uncompassionate, so it's a catch-22.

There's also the pro-punishment crowd, for whom allowing abortions in the case of rape/incest is completely in line with their beliefs, but that's another discussion entirely.

Oh s**t. Thanks. >/////<

You have a point, but I never said anything about the mother's life, simply state of mind.

Yes, it is [ catch-22]. I agree. But, how is it a different discussion? That proves my "theory," if you will, wrong, because then people who would allow abortions for rape and incest cases would, instead of being either pro-life or pro-choice, would then be pro-punishment. However, I didn't read what it said beyond your link, so I may be wrong.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:17 pm
Lieutenant Shotgun
Zephyrkitty
Lieutenant Shotgun

Oh s**t. Thanks. >/////<

You have a point, but I never said anything about the mother's life, simply state of mind.

Yes, it is [ catch-22]. I agree. But, how is it a different discussion? That proves my "theory," if you will, wrong, because then people who would allow abortions for rape and incest cases would, instead of being either pro-life or pro-choice, would then be pro-punishment. However, I didn't read what it said beyond your link, so I may be wrong.

Fair enough. I took part of the OP as implying that life/health exception were included, so I apologize for misreading it.

It's a different discussion because I see pro-life and pro-punishment as completely different groups. I've known people who honestly feel that having an abortion is the same as killing a born child, and hold stances in line with this (read: preventing/reducing abortions using things like comprehensive sex ed.). The rape/incest cases cause trouble there because a lot of times pro-lifers care about both the mother and the fetus and either decision will hurt the other. The pro-punishment stance claims that they care about the fetus, but just push for things that punish women for having sex.

While I disagree with the pro-life stance, I can understand where they're coming from. The pro-punishment people, on the other hand, I have no understanding or sympathy for.  

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Nariana

Hygienic Genius

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:04 am
I have honestly thought about what happens when a girl gets impregnated by her rapist. It's terrible, and that event may always haunt her. Still, I think you should have the baby and give it up for adoption if you really don't want it. It's a tough choice, but I think giving birth is the right one. PRO-LIFE. :3  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:42 am
Nariana
I have honestly thought about what happens when a girl gets impregnated by her rapist. It's terrible, and that event may always haunt her. Still, I think you should have the baby and give it up for adoption if you really don't want it. It's a tough choice, but I think giving birth is the right one. PRO-LIFE. :3

Why should a girl suffer through a pregnancy that she didn't even want? Personally, if it were me I would abort the little ********. I'm not going to suffer through a pregnancy or ******** my body up over a child that I don't even want. Getting raped is punishment enough, why should I be forced to have the kid? PRO- ******** CHOICE D:<  

Matron Mord Sith

Colorful Shadows

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:16 pm
I know this isn't what you girls are talking about, but

I am pro-life no matter what happens. In rape or what, abortion is wrong. It's like murder, but the baby has no chance to live!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:30 pm
One_Smile_Counts

I am pro-life no matter what happens. In rape or what, abortion is wrong. It's like murder, but the baby has no chance to live!

I disagree. However, if you want to take this up with me, go to an abortion thread in the debate subforum.

And, as it says in my poll, if you're so pro-life, I'd like to see what choice you make if you get impregnated by a rapist.  

Lieutenant Shotgun

Sensation Ari

5,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:52 pm
One_Smile_Counts

User ImageUser Image

For quite awhile, it's not a baby. It's no different than killing off a sperm and egg, really.
And I agree with Shotgun, I'd love to see your stance on this if YOU got pregnant with a rapists child.

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:08 pm
Candy Flavored Kittens
One_Smile_Counts

User ImageUser Image

For quite awhile, it's not a baby. It's no different than killing off a sperm and egg, really.
And I agree with Shotgun, I'd love to see your stance on this if YOU got pregnant with a rapists child.

User Image

Maybe not, be "it" never got a chance to live. I am pro-life all the way, but if I ever get raped, I will have the baby. I will consider debating about my beliefs. I think abortion is wrong, and if I did it would be a lot of presure, but, whats done is done

Part of my beliefs is because I am Catholic, and I believe in Gods rights of life.

Colorful Shadows

Rei Uchikino

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:10 pm
I am your Mord Sith
Nariana

Why should a girl suffer through a pregnancy that she didn't even want? Personally, if it were me I would abort the little ********. I'm not going to suffer through a pregnancy or ******** my body up over a child that I don't even want. Getting raped is punishment enough, why should I be forced to have the kid? PRO- ******** CHOICE D:<

Hear hear. Getting raped is bad enough. And I refuse to go through the physical and mental pain of having the baby just to give it up. I won't have any mental scars from having an abortion, but the guilt from giving up my own flesh and blood will haunt me for the rest of my life. Pro-Choice! <3  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:29 pm
Of course girls that have no been raped, and are "pro-life", wouldn't know what it's like to have some random bastards child in them. I honestly think they would change their minds if they knew.  

broken_bleeding_angel

Desirable Sex Symbol

Lieutenant Shotgun

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:06 pm
One_Smile_Counts
Candy Flavored Kittens
One_Smile_Counts

User ImageUser Image

User Image

Maybe not, be "it" never got a chance to live. I am pro-life all the way, but if I ever get raped, I will have the baby. I will consider debating about my beliefs. I think abortion is wrong, and if I did it would be a lot of presure, but, whats done is done

Part of my beliefs is because I am Catholic, and I believe in Gods rights of life.

Well. How would you treat the baby after it was born? Would you love and care for it? Or would you be reminded of the horrible thing that happened to you, that that child was made from some unknown man's seed.

Would you put it up for adoption? Honestly, that's worse than abortion. The baby already knows you, then would be thrust into the home of someone else, not knowing that they were adopted until someone tells them and find out.

At least, if you abort a child, you won't have to go through the pain of labor, then the emotional pain of givng the child away if you choose to do so.

I think people who put their children up for adoption are horrible. Simply horrible.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:08 pm
Lieutenant Shotgun
One_Smile_Counts
Candy Flavored Kittens
One_Smile_Counts

User ImageUser Image

User Image

Well. How would you treat the baby after it was born? Would you love and care for it? Or would you be reminded of the horrible thing that happened to you, that that child was made from some unknown man's seed.

Would you put it up for adoption? Honestly, that's worse than abortion. The baby already knows you, then would be thrust into the home of someone else, not knowing that they were adopted until someone tells them and find out.

At least, if you abort a child, you won't have to go through the pain of labor, then the emotional pain of givng the child away if you choose to do so.

I think people who put their children up for adoption are horrible. Simply horrible.

Half the time those babies end up in foster homes where they're abused and treated poorly.  

broken_bleeding_angel

Desirable Sex Symbol

Azusanga

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:10 pm
One_Smile_Counts
Candy Flavored Kittens
One_Smile_Counts

User ImageUser Image

User Image

At first, it is nothing more then a cluster of cells with genetic information, which is only conforming to that information. Do you have your period? When your egg leaves your body, you're technically killing it, since it is a single cell filled with genetic information (even if only half), that cannot survive outside of your body, and is left to wither and die.

no idea where that came from .o.  
It's A Girl Thing!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces