Submit

Eternal Snow White Queen

Shameless Capitalist

10,850 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Pie Scarface 150
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:54 am
Hm...I think that he was right at first. But with time he got over himself and started abusing his power and for a smart guy he did some pretty dumb stuff like killing Lind L Tylor, all the FBI agents ,Naomi Misora etc. And thouse murders made him a monster and thous making him from right- to wrong. There was no point at trying to kill L or anyone that wasn't ciminal but both L and Near wore wrong trying to stop him becouse there was (at one point) world peace (in a matter)so I guess he was right but then wrong  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:09 pm
I think Light had good intention in the beginning, but he became a real jerk later  

aliceblackiskool

550 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

Beyond296

5,800 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:12 pm
I think Light is a psycho O.o lol  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:06 pm
Ah, I love these debates.

He had good intentions to begin with - only targeting criminals - but went about it the wrong way and was eventually driven mad by his own delusions of grandeur.

It isn't as simple as saying: he was right, or he was wrong because the complexities of the human mind and what they believe to be right and wrong cloud the matter with shades of grey until you cannot draw the line between black and white anymore.

After all, can anyone honestly say that if you were given the option to destroy every single criminal in the world, with just a pen and a piece of paper, you wouldn't think about it? Just for a second? And if you did think about it, would you be strong enough to stand by your decision, one way or another?

I say this because of a conversation I had with one of my friends - she asked what the series was about, and I gave her the basic summary. However, I didn't tell her that Light solely targets criminals to begin with, until she asked the question:
"Why not just kill bad people/criminals?"

My friend is a Buddhist, which obviously means she doesn't believe in killing anything, yet her first thought was the same as Light's.
Does that make her evil? No, because it is guaranteed that most people would have the same first thought.
Does that make it right? No, because just because the idea works well on paper, doesn't mean it'll work when put into practice.

As the saying goes: "Absolute power corrupts absolutely." I don't believe Light was evil, but he was given a power that he should never have had: you could blame Ryuk, but again, Shinigami aren't evil. They kill without judgement or discrimination to survive, they are already God's yet do not need the acknowledgment or power Light begins to crave as the series progressed. The Death Note is an addiction - it entices those who own it to use it at least once, and as I asked above - would you really be able to say "no" to it? Would you be able to walk away from it?

He was, in so many ways, an "affluent child", believing he could do the right thing with what he had been given, and used his incredible mind to carry out his plan. However, it was his cleverness and logic that led to his downfall - he had always been acknowledged for his past achievements all his life - he'd always had girls swooning after him, impressive grades, many friends - why not also be known as a savior of humanity? The one who cleansed the world of evil and created a Utopia for all to be safe and live peacefully?

His desire to "save the world", coupled with his desire to be known for his deeds, warped him and created Kira. He saw L, the FBI, the NPD - even Lind L. Taylor - as a challenge; a game for him to win using his intelligence and the pawns that were placed in front of him - Misa, Rem, Ryuk, even Mikami and his own family. The moves were played out from either side, with the unnecessary loss of innocents - Raye, Naomi, Taylor - that Kira destroyed until eventually, neither of them truly won.

In many ways, he definitely wasn't right - he was a murderer who wanted power and fame. But, in many ways, his ideals weren't wrong either - he wanted a better world. The same can be argued for L - he fought for the system he believed was fair, what was Justice, but he wasn't anywhere close to being a saint - even he treaded the grey areas from time to time to do what needed to be done.

Neither was right, but neither was wrong: to put it simply, they were both human, and that in itself can be seen as both.  

Vishous5

BrokenDesire34

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:46 pm
In theory his plan may of worked, at least in the beginning. He became power hungry, though, and eventually gave up on his own ideals. Also even if Light stayed pure, which is highly unlikely, it just couldn't work. People would live in fear and once the system fell apart the oppression would cause people to lash out and for crime to be even worse then before.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:03 pm
okay well..
Light was just being a normal person who wants peace in the world just like most people

When the police and FBI started tailing him places he went, he started getting obsessed with the power that he needed to kill everybody and anybody who got in his way like risking his dad to get the death note back from Mello which ended up his dad dying

Anyways!...
I think Light was right in the begginning, but then got hungry for more of the power..especially in the end
I also think that maybe L should have given Light more space or maybe he wouldn't have gotten physco and killed him.

Kitti Katt Ninja

anchor life

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:34 am
You must remember. Ever since Light found out that L was trying to catch him. Light intended to kill L with any chance he can get. He obviously did not know that L was lying and that he tricked Light by stating it was World-Wide when in fact it was actually broadcasted in some Japan Region. I forgot -.-  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:36 am
i can see where kira is coming from but to kill people like that.... there was a better way to deel with it.....  

Fake Tear

2,900 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Trader 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Fake Tear

2,900 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Trader 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:40 am
..... poor L. LIGHT U JACK a**!!!!!!!!!!!! I HATE U!!!!!!!!  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:05 am
Light was right in the beginning but then got REALLY power hungery!!!
dramallama ninja  

angelwing_199494

2,850 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Hygienic 200

reality is too cruel

5,850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:19 pm
Kira was right. Light was wrong. But since they are one and the same he was right and wrong. End of debate. That was stupid/  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:03 am
animangod
Kira was right. Light was wrong. But since they are one and the same he was right and wrong. End of debate. That was stupid/

I have to disagree xP
Kira had a good point, but not a good solution smile

We are the wildest animal of all the animals that the planet has, we can be whatever we want but, Kira didn't have what we call "The human heart", which envolves feelings and ethics...
No one, in perfect sense, would make decisions like that...

Too many people in the world? Ok, let's kill them.
People in Africa and India dying because they are hungry? Ok, no problem, they can just disapear.
See? These conclusions are like Kira's, which are cold and cruel, which I must disagree. Ofc we have those problems, but we don't have a WISE solution yet.

It's a good discussion for philosophy, indeed.

iPandoraLove

2,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Evil_Ink

Friendly Lunatic

7,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:51 pm
User ImageUser ImageUser Image
…-=-=-=-=-=-=-(There may be a pattern to this)-=-=-=-=-=-=-…

uuuuummmm i dont
think so

…-=-=-=-=-=-=-(but I’m not going to tell you it) -=-=-=-=-=-=-…
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:27 pm
2 sides to it. Light was right and other people followed him because crime had gone down but L was also right because people followed him too so he was right to some people and wrong to others  

pumpkin king39

1,500 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Autobiographer 200

Katsura Clow

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:42 am
I think that Light was wrong. Even though those criminals had messed up and done bad things, you never know if they could have changed given the chance. I mean some criminals are brought up as criminals. For example, if you are raised with parents or friends saying "Stealing is ok, it's a way to live." Then you aren't going to think that stealing is a bad thing to do. After you find out that it is wrong you could or could not change. I think only God knows someone's heart well enough to say whether or not someone will change their ways.
So in a nutshell light was wrong in my opinion.

Anime lovers

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff