Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's A Girl Thing! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Family, A Home. 

Tags: Linkin Park, Contests, Hangout, Role Playing, Twilight 

Reply It's A Girl Thing!
Mother was trampled by our horse. NEW EDIT. Read first post Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Letter-W

Shy Star

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:05 am
User Image
That's harsh.
At least she's alive and recovering!

Ω

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:49 am
I'm glad your mom is in the state of recovering.

The horse's a big meanie. mad  

Lisiana

Newbie Phantom

5,600 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

o0Roxy0o
Captain

Sweetheart

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:46 am
    Oh My!
    Sorry to hear. I hope she's doing good.
    I've never been a big horse fan.
    Every time I tried to ride one, it would either kick me off or start running.
    Eek.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:43 am
I hope your mom gets better soon :3

Im not a horse fan. actually, im a bit scared of them.
Last month a friend wanted me to ride one.
He told me the horse was adorable and never did anything wrong before.
My knees were shaking but i trusted my friend. Nothing could happen right.
Turns out its a really lazy horse.
When i tried to ride him, he didn't move at all >.>

Btw, the pony does looks cute tho!  

miss twinkle toes 001

Matron Mord Sith

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:15 am
Thank you all for the support. My mother is already up and trying to walk around.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:44 pm
Im glad to hear that she will get better.
Im sorry that that happened i would probally have had a heart attack if that happened to my mom.

The pony is so cute^.^
Have you heard if the horse is more behaved and not as food agressive?  

finalfantasyfreak1O1

AriaStarSong

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:22 pm
I hate hearing stories like that with rescue horses. If his behavioral issues were that bad, he should never have been adopted out, if he was even from a reputable rescue organization...

I've worked with a lot of horses with aggression problems. Most of them I could turn around to some degree, but they'd never be the "family pet" type and most of them still needed solitary turn-out for the rest of their lives. I could get them to where they could be handled and ridden though. But, I'm a professional. Not to imply that you guys don't know what your doing, it just sucks that this poor guy didn't really have a chance since no one bothered to indulge his behavioral issues.

I do hope that your mom is feeling better (which it sounds like she is) and that the "crazy australian dude" can get inside this horse's head and figure out what's going on.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:48 pm
Aww, cute pony!

I hope your mom recovers quickly. I've always been slightly scared of horses, myself. Mainly becasue sometimes they do stuff like that.  

Cluck Girl

The_9th_Doctors_Rose
Crew

Doting Sweetheart

12,200 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:58 pm
I hope your mom gets better soon! Sounds like she is doing better already since she is trying to walk.....don't let it get you guys down.... <3  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:09 pm
finalfantasyfreak1O1
Im glad to hear that she will get better.
Im sorry that that happened i would probally have had a heart attack if that happened to my mom.

The pony is so cute^.^
Have you heard if the horse is more behaved and not as food agressive?

You obviously don't know much about horses. Maveric was actually very well behaved. In fact, out of all of our horses he was our best ride. He listened the most and was the easiest to ride.

His previous owners didn't feed him enough and he was a starved bag of bones when he came into our possession. Once he was fattened up, he was starting to get to fat and my mother had to cut back on his feed. Its not good for a horse to be overweight but Maveric doesn't know this. He viewed my mother cutting back on his food as her trying to starve him like his previous owners did. So, he attacked. He attacked what he thought was a threat to his survival.

Now, he attacked the mini ( no its not a pony, still considered a horse.) because she was near his food bowl. Again, he saw the mini as a threat.  

Matron Mord Sith

Matron Mord Sith

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:17 pm
AriaStarSong
I hate hearing stories like that with rescue horses. If his behavioral issues were that bad, he should never have been adopted out, if he was even from a reputable rescue organization...

I've worked with a lot of horses with aggression problems. Most of them I could turn around to some degree, but they'd never be the "family pet" type and most of them still needed solitary turn-out for the rest of their lives. I could get them to where they could be handled and ridden though. But, I'm a professional. Not to imply that you guys don't know what your doing, it just sucks that this poor guy didn't really have a chance since no one bothered to indulge his behavioral issues.

I do hope that your mom is feeling better (which it sounds like she is) and that the "crazy australian dude" can get inside this horse's head and figure out what's going on.

Whats scary about Maveric's case is, he was so well behaved. In fact, the most well behaved out of all of the horses. Plus, he didn't start showing signs of food aggression after two years after owning him. He used to be so cool with other horses around him during feeding time. We were all shocked when he attacked poor little KC (the mini)

The crazy Australian guy explained it to us why he did what he did. So far hes making progress with Maveric which makes me happy. I don't won't him hurting anyone else.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:07 pm
That is bizarre. For him to turn that aggressive so quickly from cutting his food back... Scary. Most of the "rescue" horses I've worked with have been abuse cases rather than neglect (yes, neglect is abuse, but abuse is not always neglect. I usually get the mental cases who have been beaten or that people tried to force into submission) so it's a different kind of set of problems.

I'm glad to hear that the Australian guy is making progress.  

AriaStarSong

Matron Mord Sith

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:24 am
AriaStarSong
That is bizarre. For him to turn that aggressive so quickly from cutting his food back... Scary. Most of the "rescue" horses I've worked with have been abuse cases rather than neglect (yes, neglect is abuse, but abuse is not always neglect. I usually get the mental cases who have been beaten or that people tried to force into submission) so it's a different kind of set of problems.

I'm glad to hear that the Australian guy is making progress.

Thats what makes me so sad. I'm angry that my mother was hurt but I do miss him greatly :[  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:51 pm
Update:

Mother is able to walk around some and her moods are starting to return to normal.  

Matron Mord Sith

Iam MonsterRAWR0

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:25 am
here ish an odd accident that happened to me when I was about 2

i was playing with my cousins dog red, i poked it with a straw, then i felt bad and gve it a hug all of a sudden it decides my face looks like a ummy treat so he eats part of my face off. -.- well im eagurating, he barely missd my eye, he had grabbed the skin from under my chin to right below my eye, it didnt hurt from what i remember, but it did when they tried disinfecting it -.-

ANY WAYS, sorry bout ur ma, hopes she gets well ^-^  
It's A Girl Thing!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces