A Family, A Home. 

Tags: Linkin Park, Contests, Hangout, Role Playing, Twilight 

Reply 22. ✿ - - - Health And Exercise
Eating Disorder Support Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you know someone with an eating disorder?
  Yes.
  No.
  Possibly.
View Results

eccentricanomaly

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:40 am
froggymama89
I would like to provide emotional support and prayers(to those who want them, I will not pray for you if you ask me not to). I have considered starving myself to lose weight as well as using laxatives but I have hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) and both messed my system up. So now I'm losing weight by eating right, exercing, and keeping accountable. I also knew a girl that was in my youth group that had anorexia. She would brag about how little she ate and was sooo thin, then one day she quit coming to youth group. We had a memorial service for her and had a series on body image. She had 2 friends who had developed eating disorders and they didn't die but they quit coming for a while I think they went to rehab or something.

Wait.
Did the girl die?
(Not to be blunt or anything, I was just confused.)

I hate when people brag about how little they eat.
It's just so attention seeking.
Like saying, "HEY LOOK I HAVE AN EATING DISORDER! FEEL SORRY FOR MEEEE!"
There' a girl in my gym class who does that. It's so annoying.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:15 am
Well I think a lot of girls that have eating disorders and are "bragging" about the amount they eat... In some cases it may be a cry for help, but it a feeling of self accomplishment and success when they eat next to nothing. That is the goal of Anna.

I will admit I have had Annorexia Nervosa, I don't admit to it, but I have. The only really severe time frame was when I was in middle school. I starved myself to under 70lbs.
I have relapsed ocassionally. I am kind of fearing I am falling back into my old ways of calorie counting/burning and I have definitely been feeling the dehydration, but I think that is because of how I have been working out.  

She-Claimed-War

X_xSin Falconx_X

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:30 am
I'm going to restate an old question:

What about if you get depressed, and lose your appetite, or "forget" to eat? I've had times when I've literally gagged on everything I tried to eat, and skipped meals because I was in such a low mood.

And I'm going to pose some other questions:

I don't know if I have an eating disorder, actually. I'm 5'6, weigh 100-102lbs, and I've been really rail-thin all my life. It's always given me a sense of pride, even if I pretend it doesn't (I tell my friends I need to gain weight, I should eat more, etc.). Anyway, (this has nothing to do with that one reeeaally terrible bout of depression) I've been having a tussle with a layer of body fat that keeps appearing on my tummy. I know it's a not a bad thing to have, but when I see it's back, I become self-conscious, and I tend not to eat. Then I get rid of it, and I go back to normal, then the whole thing starts over.

Questions:
1) Is it possible to have a subconscious eating disorder?
AND
2) Is this something I should see a doctor about?  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:51 pm
Okay I been worried about myself and would like some guidance either here or by pm. I am 19 years old living with my grandparents my mom and my brother. I am 5'6 and last time i check i was 120. My mother is very sick and I have to deal with alot of responsibilities. Naturally I am very stressed out constantly. Well lately I been skipping breakfast and eating a small meal at 11 then some snacks before dinner. I don't eat alot of dinner well the meat because my grandmother cant cook that well. This has been going on for awhile now but if we eat out im fine i eat everything and even order more. Im worried that this is something bad.

Today I woke up at 11 and automatically started my hw for college. Thing is I do the chores and I rather do them than eat cause Its like im rushed. well today i didn't eat all day until dinner because of the stress of hw. Even then I had to eat very slow and watch tv to calm my nerves down. Its not like Im afraid of fat or hate my body, in fact i want to gain weight but lately I havent eaten much. Have any suggestions or help for me. Thank you for listening.  

elementalphantomthief

Naughty Phantom

eccentricanomaly

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:21 pm
X_xSin Falconx_X
I'm going to restate an old question:

What about if you get depressed, and lose your appetite, or "forget" to eat? I've had times when I've literally gagged on everything I tried to eat, and skipped meals because I was in such a low mood.

And I'm going to pose some other questions:

I don't know if I have an eating disorder, actually. I'm 5'6, weigh 100-102lbs, and I've been really rail-thin all my life. It's always given me a sense of pride, even if I pretend it doesn't (I tell my friends I need to gain weight, I should eat more, etc.). Anyway, (this has nothing to do with that one reeeaally terrible bout of depression) I've been having a tussle with a layer of body fat that keeps appearing on my tummy. I know it's a not a bad thing to have, but when I see it's back, I become self-conscious, and I tend not to eat. Then I get rid of it, and I go back to normal, then the whole thing starts over.

Questions:
1) Is it possible to have a subconscious eating disorder?
AND
2) Is this something I should see a doctor about?

Keep in mind that I am not a psychiatrist or anything along those lines.

But anyway.
I think that to some extent, everyone has an "eating disorder".
I mean, NO ONE eats perfectly 100% of the time, and if you do, then you could make an argument that you have orthorexia (when someone's obesessive about being "healthy").

But there's a point when it gets to be too much and interferes drastically with one's life.
When you're at the point where you're constently thinking about food, constently obesessing about how much you ate, what you ate, etc., then it becomes a problem.
That's when someone needs to get help.

Or when it's affecting your medical health.
If you're not eating enough, there are physical consequences.

People skip meals for many reasons.
Illnesses, bad mood, stomach aches, etc.
But when it gets to the point where it's every day, causing physical symptoms, and interfering with your life, then yes, you should see a doctor.

If you think you need to see a doctor, do it.
But it's hard for me to tell you whether or not you need to because I don't know you personally. I don't know your eating habits and the reasons behind them. Even if I did, it's based off of what you tell me. People with eating disorders often think what they're doing is okay and normal, even.
Plus, I'm not an expert on eating disorders.

Point is:
If you think you need to see someone about your eating habits, do so.
It doesn't have to be a psychiatrist.
You can just talk to your regular doctor about it, see what he/she says.
If he/she thinks something's wrong, they can refer you to a psychiatrist.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:28 pm
elementalphantomthief
Okay I been worried about myself and would like some guidance either here or by pm. I am 19 years old living with my grandparents my mom and my brother. I am 5'6 and last time i check i was 120. My mother is very sick and I have to deal with alot of responsibilities. Naturally I am very stressed out constantly. Well lately I been skipping breakfast and eating a small meal at 11 then some snacks before dinner. I don't eat alot of dinner well the meat because my grandmother cant cook that well. This has been going on for awhile now but if we eat out im fine i eat everything and even order more. Im worried that this is something bad.

Today I woke up at 11 and automatically started my hw for college. Thing is I do the chores and I rather do them than eat cause Its like im rushed. well today i didn't eat all day until dinner because of the stress of hw. Even then I had to eat very slow and watch tv to calm my nerves down. Its not like Im afraid of fat or hate my body, in fact i want to gain weight but lately I havent eaten much. Have any suggestions or help for me. Thank you for listening.

Have you tried organizing your day?
Make lists of everything that needs to be done, what time you hope to have it completed, etc. Make room to eat.
Also, you could try keeping quick snacks around so you can have a quick breakfast or snack.

I'm very rushed in the morning as well, before school.
I have a box of cereal bars in a place that's easy to get to on my way out the door. I eat it on my way to the bus or during homeroom.

There was this one girl in one of the groups I was in who was trying to recover but had a problem "forgetting" to eat.
She set an alarm on her phone that told her it was time to eat.
If it's something like that, then maybe try it?

Protein is good for gaining weight.
Builds muscles.

Also, maybe you could try cooking your own food?
I know you said you don't really have a lot of time, but you don't even need to do it every day. Make enough to have leftovers for a few days.

Just some suggestions.
I hope this is helpful . . .  

eccentricanomaly

elementalphantomthief

Naughty Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:50 pm
eccentricanomaly
elementalphantomthief

Have you tried organizing your day?
Make lists of everything that needs to be done, what time you hope to have it completed, etc. Make room to eat.
Also, you could try keeping quick snacks around so you can have a quick breakfast or snack.

I'm very rushed in the morning as well, before school.
I have a box of cereal bars in a place that's easy to get to on my way out the door. I eat it on my way to the bus or during homeroom.

There was this one girl in one of the groups I was in who was trying to recover but had a problem "forgetting" to eat.
She set an alarm on her phone that told her it was time to eat.
If it's something like that, then maybe try it?

Protein is good for gaining weight.
Builds muscles.

Also, maybe you could try cooking your own food?
I know you said you don't really have a lot of time, but you don't even need to do it every day. Make enough to have leftovers for a few days.

Just some suggestions.
I hope this is helpful . . .

Yeah it sounds helpful. I'll try it out and maybe it will work. Maybe organizing will cut the stress and leave me time to eat. Thank you for the advice!  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:46 pm
I have a question. Normally I would just ask my mother to take me to the doctor and be evaluated, but I don't want to her lose a sick day, and be worried if there isn't at least the potentional for something to be wrong.
I have been worried, for several years, that I am developing or have an eating disorder. I frequently skip meals. Like, I'll eat maybe one real meal a day and have a snack here and there. And when I actually eat my meal, I typically don't eat all of it. Maybe because once I see the food I lose my appetite, or sometimes I feel I don't deserve to eat.
I am...somewhat unnerved by the idea of gaining weight. I don't excersice much, but I walk/jog/run constantly. I'm 5'3", or so, and weigh 123 pounds. I am build really slender, though. But I still feel like I weigh far too much and constantly want to diet, but don't (really) do it.
I will also frequently go a day or three without eating. Like, a cracker or a soda here and there. And it doesn't matter if I get hungry, I'll ignore it. I frequently get dizzy and get hunger headaches, but I refuse to heed to either.
And around the New Year, the middle of the year, and all major holidays I go crazy and calorie count/burn like my lfie depends on it. And these episodes normally last a month and have happened the past two years.
I was just wondering if I should bring this up with my mother and have her take me to the doctor? And if I should bring it up, how should I go about doing so?
Thank you in advance.

[Lacrimosa]

eccentricanomaly

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:08 pm
@ [Lacrimosa]

I think it really does sound like you are developing an eating disorder, if you don't already have one.
So yes, I think you should see a doctor about it.
Especially with the dizziness and all.
That's really not good, and you might have screwed up your electrolytes and things like that.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:52 am
I currently have to do a project at
school about EDs. It's counting for quite a lot of marks.
I really find this support thread useful and quite easy to
understand. So thank you for the help.

o0Roxy0o
Captain

Sweetheart

[Lacrimosa]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:14 am
eccentricanomaly
@ [Lacrimosa]

I think it really does sound like you are developing an eating disorder, if you don't already have one.
That's really not good, and you might have screwed up your electrolytes and things like that.

Marvelous. x_x
How should I tell my mother this? I mean....I had no idea how to tell my mother I need to go to the doctor because I think I have an eating disorder.
This is really upsetting. =/ I thought I was doing decently enough. I don't see which one I seem to fit, so I can tell my mother.
Oh, she's going to be so upset. (Not at me, but at the situation. x.x)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:46 pm
[Lacrimosa]
eccentricanomaly
@ [Lacrimosa]

Marvelous. x_x
How should I tell my mother this? I mean....I had no idea how to tell my mother I need to go to the doctor because I think I have an eating disorder.
This is really upsetting. =/ I thought I was doing decently enough. I don't see which one I seem to fit, so I can tell my mother.
Oh, she's going to be so upset. (Not at me, but at the situation. x.x)

It depends on what your mother's like.
There's some that will flip out, some that are confsued, some that ignore it, and some that are pretty understanding.

I don't know if you're still in school or not, but if you are, then maybe talk to the guidance counselor? If not or if you don't want to, then maybe talk to someone you really trust first, and then have them with you while you tell your mom, for extra support. I think it'd be easier to tell my mom in if I had someone there with me. Unfortunately, that's not how my mom found out, though.

Sorry I upset you.
But keep in mind, I don't actually know you or how you act, so I have to base my opinion on what you say. I could be completely wrong.

But also, it's really, really hard for someone with an eating disorder to see and admit something's wrong and actually get help.

What you're doing seems normal to you, because you've done it for so long. But in reality, the dizziness and hunger headaches and all of that is not normal and is something that should be checked out.  

eccentricanomaly

pinkplease

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:40 am
I used to have Anorexia Nervosa. I still struggle with food/weight/body image. I don't know what to say about it, but if anyone needs to talk, just ask heart  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:08 pm

・・・・・★
─┼──────┼─

Be patient toward all that is unsolved in your heart and try to love the questions themselves like locked rooms and like books that are written in a very foreign tongue. Do not seek the answers which cannot be given you...

i'm sorry for the people who have to go through the mess, i know and have known people that went through different eating disorders. and i know a bunch girls in my school that try to diet, and try to go skinny. most don't succeed cupcakes and cookies are addicting , and they should accept their bodies for who they are and just be happy. but then again, when do they ever think, i'm the kind of person that when i'm alone i'm surrounded deep in my mind. thinking about everything and anything. not just one thing. me as a person now, my future, my past and learning from it. daydreams whatever. etc.

what makes me mad though, is when people call me anorexic, when I'M NATURALLY SKINNY. It's in the genes. My sisters and I are all thin. I'm sorry for making others want to be like this, but no matter how much I eat (and I eat constantly) I will forever weigh no more than 110 pounds and I'm always between 95 to 110.

There's nothing wrong with it. I'm sorry for being a size 0 or 1. That's my body, my stomach is nicely fit with a 2-pac abs because I dance in my spare time.

I didn't ask to be skinny, i just am. I tried hard to gain weight, doctor said, nurse said, every medical person I saw said I'm naturally skinny and should be glad. Because it's not only in the genes, but it's also this part of our body that when we eat we just don't gain it. I eat junk food, and fattening foods all the time, I just had a bag of chips, 5 lollipops, and chocolate with peanuts iniside. I have a sweet tooth, a spicy tooth, a sour tooth, a bland tooth, a salty tooth. I love food, I love different tastes, don't ever tell me what's in it (unless it's shrimp i'm allergic to shrimp which sucks cuz i like the taste of it) I love it. You will always see me with food. I love it.

Personally, i know someone who went through anorexia and it was horrible. She beat herself up for it, tried to kill herself, and cut herself. She was stuck having help from professionals for 2 years. She's better now, she was sickly skinny and had no breasts, like she did when she was normal but suffering from it she had sucked in breasts that were distorted and loopy and did not look healthy at all. I'm a 34 B, and I'm healthy skinny.

Sorry. I'm not bashing, it just really upsets me when people who call us naturally skinny people anorexic. It really hurts me, because it's not my fault. I'm not a perfect being, I am human I have feelings, I can cry and I get hurt, and I feel and everything. I live in the city that's the second most overweight city in the world/country. And eat the food, and I'm sorry if you get jealous it's not my fault.

All photos in magazines are photoshopped one way or another. If not the face, then the body. And i feel bad for them, because they are half happy they are in the magazine, but that's not really how they look like. And people call them anorexic when they aren't. Life is tough. So don't throw around words, think before you speak.

I'm sorry i wanted to get this point across because i get hurt from being called anorexic when i'm not, and I'm wondering how many girls out there are suffering from being called something when they're not.

I'm 5'4"ish 164 cm tall, so it may look different on me than others, but there are people who are taller than me and get these words thrown out at them. Not right, not fair, not good. So many times I wished I was as short as my sister Aneta whose 5 foot, my sister Evelina is 5 foot 3 inches, she's skinny too but when i saw her and then looked at myself in the mirror 2 years back and started to change myself into a positive person, is when I started accepting myself. My flaws, and the fact I'm not anorexic just naturally skinny. And i'm happy, sorry.

Not my fault, not my problem. Peace.

...because you would not be able to live them. The point is to live everything. Live the questions now. Perhaps you will find them gradually, without noticing it, and live along some distant day into the answer.
─┼──────┼─
★・・・・・

dreamlikediana

Fashionable Cutesmasher

6,275 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Entrepreneur 150

danushbr

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:23 pm
I have anorexia nervosa but im in treatment for it. Im 5"4 and I used to be less, but now Im at like 100. My parents are soooo annoying though, they think that shoving food in my mouth will make me feel better..... It doesnt.... Even though I know that im getting better, I still feel like a fat a** pig. I am terrified of getting fat.....  
22. ✿ - - - Health And Exercise

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff