Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mortal Instruments Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for discussions, RPing, and generally enjoying books. Mostly Cassandra Clare's, but other's as well. 

Tags: Mortal, Instruments, Infernal, Devices, Clare 

Reply Mortal Instruments Guild
Is anyone else worried Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Starcatcher07

7,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:17 pm
The only thing that MIGHT be a good thing out of this is that Gaia might make some things (Like weapons and runes *that you can choose between new and scars* and maybe even the steleth *sorry if that's spelled wrong I'm a horrible speller*)  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:20 pm
unicornsrcoolio
Check this out.D:

they're putting the 1st 3 books together in the movie? wth?!  

MuppetKiss2

6,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Heckler 50

netherfreak
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:38 pm
MuppetKiss2
unicornsrcoolio
Check this out.D:

That's an old article, maybe they changed their minds...I hope they did anyway. That'd be horrible if they did that. scream  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:08 pm
netherfreak
MuppetKiss2
unicornsrcoolio
Check this out.D:

That's an old article, maybe they changed their minds...I hope they did anyway. That'd be horrible if they did that. scream

i hope they did... it would be worse than horrible  

MuppetKiss2

6,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Heckler 50

Glitch EiS

Dapper Informer

4,900 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:38 pm
if they put all the movies together, theyll leave out all the good stuff. and if that happens i will fall over and die!!!!!!  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:11 am
I dont know if I would say im worried but you are justified in thinking this. For me however I would think TMI while having some of the same fans as twilight will attract a different group of fans as well, for starters guys. It is actually quite action packed unlike Twilight which was a straight up romance. While every big movie has its "fan girls" I dont really expect a huge blow up like Twilight. If it does well then congrats to Cassandra Clare for becoming the next millionaire. guess we will have to wait and see. I for one dont really care about the fan base as long as their is enough for the sequel and the movie is good. If I can sit down and enjoy the movie then I will be happy. Changing the subject here I was not happy with there choice to have Jamie Campbell Bower play Jace in this movie, He lookws nothing like him. And before people accuse me of judging a book by its cover I watched Camelot and he cant act either. Im more worried about him then the fan base right now O_o  

Seekers_Conviction

5,700 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300

netherfreak
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:16 pm
Seekers_Conviction
I dont know if I would say im worried but you are justified in thinking this. For me however I would think TMI while having some of the same fans as twilight will attract a different group of fans as well, for starters guys. It is actually quite action packed unlike Twilight which was a straight up romance. While every big movie has its "fan girls" I dont really expect a huge blow up like Twilight. If it does well then congrats to Stephanie Meyers for becoming the next millionaire. guess we will have to wait and see. I for one dont really care about the fan base as long as their is enough for the sequel and the movie is good. If I can sit down and enjoy the movie then I will be happy. Changing the subject here I was not happy with there choice to have Jamie Campbell Bower play Jace in this movie, He lookws nothing like him. And before people accuse me of judging a book by its cover I watched Camelot and he cant act either. Im more worried about him then the fan base right now O_o

A lot of people are concerned about JCB. Personally, I think he's a good actor and he is trying to bulk up physically for the part as well with weight training. He's devoted, which is an amazing characteristic for an actor. Also, the other reason I'm not worried about him is Clare saw his audition tape and agreed he'd make a good Jace. I know some people don't like him or are still uneasy about him being cast, but I'm giving him a shot. What's done is done, he's been cast, so personally I'm waiting until the movie comes out to critique him.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:00 pm
netherfreak
Seekers_Conviction
I dont know if I would say im worried but you are justified in thinking this. For me however I would think TMI while having some of the same fans as twilight will attract a different group of fans as well, for starters guys. It is actually quite action packed unlike Twilight which was a straight up romance. While every big movie has its "fan girls" I dont really expect a huge blow up like Twilight. If it does well then congrats to Stephanie Meyers for becoming the next millionaire. guess we will have to wait and see. I for one dont really care about the fan base as long as their is enough for the sequel and the movie is good. If I can sit down and enjoy the movie then I will be happy. Changing the subject here I was not happy with there choice to have Jamie Campbell Bower play Jace in this movie, He lookws nothing like him. And before people accuse me of judging a book by its cover I watched Camelot and he cant act either. Im more worried about him then the fan base right now O_o

A lot of people are concerned about JCB. Personally, I think he's a good actor and he is trying to bulk up physically for the part as well with weight training. He's devoted, which is an amazing characteristic for an actor. Also, the other reason I'm not worried about him is Clare saw his audition tape and agreed he'd make a good Jace. I know some people don't like him or are still uneasy about him being cast, but I'm giving him a shot. What's done is done, he's been cast, so personally I'm waiting until the movie comes out to critique him.

As am I! I'm not saying he cant do the part and I hope he puts my fears to rest a does it well. Im just saying that I think they probably could have done better. I admit its nice knowing Clare saw the tape but that doesnt really mean anything. She is an author, she writes books, she makes the characters. This does not mean she will be good at picking a actor to play Jace. Once a book is released the idea of a character is left to the fans, How would Jace do this? Would Jace really do that? While we all have our opinions he didnt do bad at acting in Teilight or Harry Potter. That being said he never was the center of attention. Something that he seems to fail horribly at in Camelot. He just doesnt have the pull that will catch the audiences attention. More to my fear is that his acting reminds me a bit of the Twilight acting style. I would prbably cry if Twilights acting was transfered to TMI, literally. However I am giving him a chance as he deserves it. I will wait to watch the movie and I truly hope he knocks the part dead. I'm just keeping in check and trying not to get ot excited is all.  

Seekers_Conviction

5,700 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300

netherfreak
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:35 pm
Seekers_Conviction
netherfreak
Seekers_Conviction

As am I! I'm not saying he cant do the part and I hope he puts my fears to rest a does it well. Im just saying that I think they probably could have done better. I admit its nice knowing Clare saw the tape but that doesnt really mean anything. She is an author, she writes books, she makes the characters. This does not mean she will be good at picking a actor to play Jace. Once a book is released the idea of a character is left to the fans, How would Jace do this? Would Jace really do that? While we all have our opinions he didnt do bad at acting in Teilight or Harry Potter. That being said he never was the center of attention. Something that he seems to fail horribly at in Camelot. He just doesnt have the pull that will catch the audiences attention. More to my fear is that his acting reminds me a bit of the Twilight acting style. I would prbably cry if Twilights acting was transfered to TMI, literally. However I am giving him a chance as he deserves it. I will wait to watch the movie and I truly hope he knocks the part dead. I'm just keeping in check and trying not to get ot excited is all.

You're right, he hasn't had much experience in the lime light(Camelot being the only one I know of where he is and I liked it). He and Lilly are both a very up-and-coming actor/actress. I on the other hand, think Clare approving of him is a huge success because she WAS the one that created Jace. Not to muntion once Lilly got the part she read the books and became more invested in her part and JCB was her pick as well. I will admit, I was one of those people holding out for someone like Alex Pettifer to get the part, but after the whole stink he made about it I'm glad he didn't. I'm happy JCB got the part and I think he will do will.

(ps-I hope you don't feel I'm bashing/picking on you, it's just you're to only other person active in this guild and I haven't talked TMI with anyone in a long time lol apologies if I'm offending you in any way)  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:17 pm
netherfreak
Seekers_Conviction
netherfreak
Seekers_Conviction

You're right, he hasn't had much experience in the lime light(Camelot being the only one I know of where he is and I liked it). He and Lilly are both a very up-and-coming actor/actress. I on the other hand, think Clare approving of him is a huge success because she WAS the one that created Jace. Not to muntion once Lilly got the part she read the books and became more invested in her part and JCB was her pick as well. I will admit, I was one of those people holding out for someone like Alex Pettifer to get the part, but after the whole stink he made about it I'm glad he didn't. I'm happy JCB got the part and I think he will do will.

(ps-I hope you don't feel I'm bashing/picking on you, it's just you're to only other person active in this guild and I haven't talked TMI with anyone in a long time lol apologies if I'm offending you in any way)

No i'm not offended in the least. It's natural that people have different opinions, if they didnt these guilds would be pointless. I'm glad we agree on things enough we can disagree lol. As for TMI I love the series and Clare is a greater author. I'm quite fond of both her series so far and am checking off the days til Clockwork Prince comes out. As for the movie like I said I really hope it does do well and and that Jamie kicks butt. I'm really hoping it gets the attention it deserves. It's just i'm a huge fan of the books and I am one of those people that worry about these things when a big screen adaption is made. From what i've seen these book based movies are either really good or really bad. So in Jamie's defense i'm not just holding judgement for him but the project in general (aka actors/actresses, producers, action snimations). I have learned it is easier to gauge myself and be blown away by a movie then get super excited and be let down :/  

Seekers_Conviction

5,700 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300

netherfreak
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:05 pm
Seekers_Conviction
netherfreak
Seekers_Conviction
netherfreak
Seekers_Conviction

No i'm not offended in the least. It's natural that people have different opinions, if they didnt these guilds would be pointless. I'm glad we agree on things enough we can disagree lol. As for TMI I love the series and Clare is a greater author. I'm quite fond of both her series so far and am checking off the days til Clockwork Prince comes out. As for the movie like I said I really hope it does do well and and that Jamie kicks butt. I'm really hoping it gets the attention it deserves. It's just i'm a huge fan of the books and I am one of those people that worry about these things when a big screen adaption is made. From what i've seen these book based movies are either really good or really bad. So in Jamie's defense i'm not just holding judgement for him but the project in general (aka actors/actresses, producers, action snimations). I have learned it is easier to gauge myself and be blown away by a movie then get super excited and be let down :/

Oh ya, I still have plenty of doubts with the movie(ei, Sony got a hold of it, that's a concern in itself lol) but I just see a lot of hate towards JCB because he's not who people wanted and I try to defend him. I know that's not the case with you, but I'm sure there's proabaly people like that in the guild and I thought I'd defend him here. I'm so nervous, I've seen so many books I like ruined in their movie versions. I really hope it comes out well, but I have my doubts. Kind of off topic, but have you seen the the preliminary designs for the Midnight Carriage and the Vampire Bikes? I think the carriage has good potential, but the bikes are not at all what I imagined. (If you haven't seen them, you can just google pics or something, I can't find the link where I originally saw them)  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:14 pm
netherfreak
Seekers_Conviction
netherfreak
Seekers_Conviction
netherfreak
Seekers_Conviction

Oh ya, I still have plenty of doubts with the movie(ei, Sony got a hold of it, that's a concern in itself lol) but I just see a lot of hate towards JCB because he's not who people wanted and I try to defend him. I know that's not the case with you, but I'm sure there's proabaly people like that in the guild and I thought I'd defend him here. I'm so nervous, I've seen so many books I like ruined in their movie versions. I really hope it comes out well, but I have my doubts. Kind of off topic, but have you seen the the preliminary designs for the Midnight Carriage and the Vampire Bikes? I think the carriage has good potential, but the bikes are not at all what I imagined. (If you haven't seen them, you can just google pics or something, I can't find the link where I originally saw them)

Yes I ahve actually I try to keep close tabs on these things lol. They both seem, whats the word... retro. Ididnt mind the carriage to much it looks decent however the bike, what to say about the bike? I feel it had potential but they dropped the ball on it. I kinda like the way the rims come out but other then that it really doesnt stand out. You say its not what you expected thats my big thing with these books to movie things. I like making a forming my own versions of all these things as I read however I can not do that as easy after seeing the movie. It is like part of the magic is gone. Kinda like reading Harry Potter when I was a kid then watching the movies and reading them again. After that first movie when I heard "Harry Potter" I thought Daniel Radcliffe. One of my least favorite things about this stuff :'(  

Seekers_Conviction

5,700 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300

netherfreak
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:55 pm
Seekers_Conviction
netherfreak
Seekers_Conviction
netherfreak
Seekers_Conviction

Yes I ahve actually I try to keep close tabs on these things lol. They both seem, whats the word... retro. Ididnt mind the carriage to much it looks decent however the bike, what to say about the bike? I feel it had potential but they dropped the ball on it. I kinda like the way the rims come out but other then that it really doesnt stand out. You say its not what you expected thats my big thing with these books to movie things. I like making a forming my own versions of all these things as I read however I can not do that as easy after seeing the movie. It is like part of the magic is gone. Kinda like reading Harry Potter when I was a kid then watching the movies and reading them again. After that first movie when I heard "Harry Potter" I thought Daniel Radcliffe. One of my least favorite things about this stuff :'(

I didn't like the bikes cause I thought they looked too modern, almost like they were from tron or something. But I don't think the movie takes away from the book. I think it's cool to see someone elses interpitation of what they see(Unless it sucks cause theyre just trying to make a quick buck). I still like reading the HP books and I still love them.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:09 pm
netherfreak
Seekers_Conviction
netherfreak
Seekers_Conviction
netherfreak
Seekers_Conviction

I didn't like the bikes cause I thought they looked too modern, almost like they were from tron or something. But I don't think the movie takes away from the book. I think it's cool to see someone elses interpitation of what they see(Unless it sucks cause theyre just trying to make a quick buck). I still like reading the HP books and I still love them.

They do look modern and kinda boring in my opinion but what ya gonna do! Maybe we will get lucky and they will change em up a little. Dont get me wrong I love the movies that turn out good it just always seems harder to focus on your own imagination after you have seen them. I guess I feel it takes away some of the imagination. I still enjoy reading HP as well. I love writing for fun and have a crazy imagination so maybe thats why it gets me a bit down lol. If I didnt like it though I just wouldnt watch the movies. Im just praying this movie doesnt blow :-/  

Seekers_Conviction

5,700 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300

netherfreak
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:15 pm
Seekers_Conviction
netherfreak
Seekers_Conviction
netherfreak
Seekers_Conviction

They do look modern and kinda boring in my opinion but what ya gonna do! Maybe we will get lucky and they will change em up a little. Dont get me wrong I love the movies that turn out good it just always seems harder to focus on your own imagination after you have seen them. I guess I feel it takes away some of the imagination. I still enjoy reading HP as well. I love writing for fun and have a crazy imagination so maybe thats why it gets me a bit down lol. If I didnt like it though I just wouldnt watch the movies. Im just praying this movie doesnt blow :-/

Ya I think that's what everyone's hoping for lol  
Mortal Instruments Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces