Bright colours?
  Eck
  YAY
  u spl fny (me: YOUR FACE)
View Results

Hester Peche

Perfect Genius

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:45 pm
I agree, bright colors against white is painful to look at--even when I am wearing my glasses. And I can't read fine print anyway, then adding the color worsens it.

Besides, I think jewel tones look prettier.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:36 pm
Well, I allways write in black, since is a pain to change the colors and size of the font. But I agree that the colors like yellow and cyan are difficult to read with white background.  

CarmenLuz

Azusanga

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:24 pm
n0morenice
User Image

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●
=/ Is this (my post) really hard to read? I hate neon, but I can read this fine, but maybe it's because I have relatively good eye sight.

I'm not opposed to change if it's causing someone actual pain, not just getting on their nerves.
●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

No, you're fine. Since the font is a tad bigger, and it's orangered instead of HOMGLETSBURNOUREYESOUTNAOORANGE, we're alright :3  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:25 am
I agree, obnoxious bright pink, yellow, cyan, all that nonsense is just pointless. I use blue. It's bright to the point of being fun, stand-outish, but not too bright to the point of being unreadable.  

SarahlovesDavidH

3,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100

pauliana

Sparkly Gaian

5,600 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:32 am
i agree., it's also hard for me too read  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:02 am
PawzPrint
May I add small print as well?
Most of the time I wont bother reading bright text as well as anything smaller than size 11.

Because I am using size 11, let me know if that's okay for you girls or not - I'm more than willing to change it if need be.

this is fine. I think small font is ok in small doses. like something your posting but want to convey secrecy or shame. I would also like to note that ALL CAPS and...really...irritating...punctuation. and tpyos form hlel. Basically if you want people to pay attention to you and listen to you talk like some who has received at least a full elementary education since if you are Gaia, you should have by now.  

whatagirlwants

Opalena

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:37 pm
I really hate bright yellow!  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:05 pm
I love bright colors.
I'm just too lazy to format the post so it's bright, so I usually post in black.
Plus, I understand that some people find it hard to read, so I don't.

In school, though, I use really bright gel pens. XD
If it's something that's graded, I use the darker colors, unless I know the teacher can read it.
Yeah.

I don't like small fonts, though.
If it's smaller than 11, I probably won't read it, since I'd have to squint.
And if it's a really long post, I won't even read it unless it's larger than 11.  

eccentricanomaly

Lisiana

Newbie Phantom

5,600 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:09 am
Gah. Bright colors (cyan and especially yellow) against a white background really, really hurts my eyes.

It's like one minute you're reading something that is in a dark color, and then, when light colors come into view: "Ahh! The light! It BURNS."

I don't mind small fonts like PawzPrint's. It's kind of comfortable for me (and lessens the length of the page. :XP: Unless it's extra long.) Smaller than that? Bleh. I'd have to highlight, past it on Word, highlight it again and resize it (or paste it on Notepad so that it would be faster). D:  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:10 pm
Is my green okay?

*edit* Do you know what's even worse than obnoxious font colours? Walls of text. Paragraphs really aren't so hard and they raise your chances of people actually reading your post significantly.

LyricalSoul93

Blueruby127

6,700 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:32 pm
Ugh I agree with ya sista! And like some i have to pretty much wear my glasses 24/7 and in which, i am on gaia like half of that time.lol But yeah, the yellow-ness, it's a pain in the butt to look at. >,< Actually most colors irritate me to be honest. Not most colors look good to me on white except for black. That i can tolerate. u_u  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:12 pm
Rei Uchikino
I hate obnoxiously bright font, too. It hurts my eyes.

bright colors hurt my eyes too. mostly cuz i almost got blind so since that bright colors hurt me  

tummytumsXD

minisailormon

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:18 pm
Is this bad??  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:22 pm
minisailormon
Is this bad??

It's not good. Try for something darker in the future, please.  

faretheewell

Eloquent Informer

-PrimaCzarina-

Fluffy Prophet

9,800 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:31 pm
[Since we're talking about possibly annoying fonts, is mine too light?

I mean, I can see it fine but I have the contrast on my screen in a weird spot so I'm probably not seeing what you are.
]

User Image  
It's A Girl Thing!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas