0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6

Maune

Fashionable Connoisseur

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:47 am
lol ^^  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:49 am
So say we were to base a book off of say the MW, since most of us are on that one, who would agree that there is enough content to write something decent. whether it be a book or a series....? wink  

BlackR.16

Dangerous Elder

7,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

Psyzapp
Crew

Ruthless Lover

10,250 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:06 am
I'm actually quite stunned you'd want to put a book together based upon MW. As the owner and creator of said thread, I'm curious to know why you think it would make a good book.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:09 am
Currently, as it is, I don't think there's enough. There may be a lot of posts and many pages, but a lot of it is conversation. It's only recently that longer posts and more story has begun to crop up. Each individual participating might have volumes to contribute that has yet to be seen due to not having the right opportunity to add it in, but stories also change and adapt as events take place so it would be difficult to try to get each person's story and fit it all together into one story since they might clash without the people actively interacting with each other to help tell their tale.  

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

Psyzapp
Crew

Ruthless Lover

10,250 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:12 am
I completely agree. MW is just a bunch of improvisational interaction and what happens there has to do with who is present at the time and each person has their own ideas of who they are and what they want to be. It is consistently changing and very spur of the moment. I don't know if it would be meaningful to the general public.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:15 am
hmm this is true but given enough time say over my deployment do you think its possible to fill in the missing pieces needed. and psyzapp I do believe that the MW would be an ideal setting, at least from the duration that Ive been a part of it(I also took some time to backread a bit), it has essential fantasy elements with sufficient enough background to grow on. If more people were to chip in, the backgrounds of our individual characters would provide life outside the setting of the MW. Where else can you find the selection of charactures we have. centaurs, elves, vampires, angels and demons all together in one world. But I do wonder and I do believe that given more time with the way the thread is going now, we may have enough to start...  

BlackR.16

Dangerous Elder

7,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

BlackR.16

Dangerous Elder

7,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:24 am
But that is essential to real life. nothing is expected. Where in a world where all media is expectant. everyone can watch a movie or read a book and say "Yea I know how this ends" and 8 out of 10 times they are right on the outcome. All Im saying is that for avid writer/readers like me the key to drawing us in is complexity. reality mixed with fantasy has always been an imagination grabber for me. To be able to draw you in and make you feel like this could be... If its any consolation other free lance authors have overlooked my shoulder from time to time and have been drawn into it as well.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:31 am
My husband does say that life is never dull with me around. LOL That just cracks me up considering I almost didn't start the place to begin with. I didn't think it would generate much interest. sweatdrop  

Psyzapp
Crew

Ruthless Lover

10,250 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:01 am
Though MW is the place where people hang out most lately, it is not the only place in which all these characters exist. In a way, the game room is the world of which you speak and MW is just a place within the world. GGB, Lily's Pad, and Chatty Kathy's have all played parts in this "story" as well, along with "Edit Me" and "Kill This Thread"... and even the Cabana Bar in the main forum, outside the game room. We kind of bounce around all over the place sometimes.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:37 am
thats true. though like I stated in the previous posts I was using MW as an example as it was the most used at the moment. I have taken the time to go and look through some of the other threads you've mentioned before while I was thinking about this and I had noticed that you are already making ties between all of them. No this only backs up the complexity of this world...this story. It also makes a series work...possibly in the form of a manga. i dont know and that is why i posted this thread. so I can get opinions and advice from a broad spectrum of people.  

BlackR.16

Dangerous Elder

7,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

Nei1

Toxic Punk

24,350 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:42 pm
I was thinking *smoke comes out of her ears* that if one were to compile a book about any of the games thread, we would acting out of character since we would KNOW that writing has begun. Thus we start to act differently from then on.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:03 pm
Nei brings up a valid point. If people knew there was to be a book, they might act differently for various reasons. The ones I can think of off the top of my head would be to:

-try to establish themselves as the "main character" of said book.
-attempt making their character "more interesting".
-make themselves seem more like "book worthy" material {as opposed to casually acting out and playing}
-make sure they fit in everything they want the reader to know about their character {even if it means saying things at inappropriate times}

The list goes on, I'm sure... that's just what I can think of right now.

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

BlackR.16

Dangerous Elder

7,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:08 pm
hmm you both bring up a good valid point. and this is the purpose f this thread to bring the good and the bad to the table  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:14 pm
So if you write the book don't announce to us that you've start to write.  

Nei1

Toxic Punk

24,350 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
  • Married 100

BlackR.16

Dangerous Elder

7,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200