Welcome to Gaia! ::

-=Axis Powers Hetalia Guild=- PARTY AT RUSSIA'S PLACE!

Back to Guilds

The place to go for all your Hetalia needs. 

Tags: hetalia, manga, anime 

Reply Meeting Room
Hetalia licensed by Funimation Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Das miesterfurherjunge

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:01 pm
Luckybug76
x_LoveObject_x
nuripyon
Gah. I guess I'm happy it'll be dubbed, because who knows, it might expand the fanbase in a positive way, but I'm just SO TIRED of the same voice actors being used in everything Funimation does, like Vic Mignogna. I personally don't think he's that great an actor. Also, I'm concerned on whether or not they would attempt accents for different countries. Very few voice actors out there can do accents that aren't insulting and also believable. I'll just wait and see I guess.

I agree. I don't like his voice much either (and apparently neither does 4chan, but they don't like anything). If they try accents, I just have a feeling they'll fail badly.

If they give Alfred a southern accent, I'm going to be very sad. No offence to anybody or anything, Alfred just dosen't seem like that kind of a guy.

I'm hoping for a generic American one, not feeding into either extreme.

Though if Arthur speaks with a Reciprical Pronounciation we will not be amused....>.>

(Doctor who fans will know what I mean lol)  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:49 pm
Luckybug76
x_LoveObject_x
nuripyon
Gah. I guess I'm happy it'll be dubbed, because who knows, it might expand the fanbase in a positive way, but I'm just SO TIRED of the same voice actors being used in everything Funimation does, like Vic Mignogna. I personally don't think he's that great an actor. Also, I'm concerned on whether or not they would attempt accents for different countries. Very few voice actors out there can do accents that aren't insulting and also believable. I'll just wait and see I guess.

I agree. I don't like his voice much either (and apparently neither does 4chan, but they don't like anything). If they try accents, I just have a feeling they'll fail badly.

If they give Alfred a southern accent, I'm going to be very sad. No offence to anybody or anything, Alfred just dosen't seem like that kind of a guy.

I could see POSSIBLY a Texan accent, but really? I would prefer no accents at all. Yeah, with Hetalia, it might make the show more dynamic, but what if they do them badly, or insult the culture of the accent they're trying to imitate? It doesn't seem like a good situation either way.  

nuripyon

nine-step waltz

Tipsy Nerd

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:53 pm
nuripyon

I could see POSSIBLY a Texan accent, but really? I would prefer no accents at all. Yeah, with Hetalia, it might make the show more dynamic, but what if they do them badly, or insult the culture of the accent they're trying to imitate? It doesn't seem like a good situation either way.
User Image

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

Well Hetalia isn't the most politically correct to start with, but I agree if they can't do them well I say leave them out.
●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:43 pm
Funimation?! Really?! <3

I can't wait! They have good voice actors so this will be interesting.  

Kazekun72

Shy Friend

21,550 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Pet Lover 100

Das miesterfurherjunge

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:22 pm
Nightwingale
Funimation?! Really?! <3

If done correctly this will be epic mrgreen  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:39 pm
Das miesterfurherjunge
Nightwingale
Funimation?! Really?! <3

If done correctly this will be epic mrgreen

That is true. So far, it seems they have some good voice actors. I'm going to wait and see.  

Kazekun72

Shy Friend

21,550 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Pet Lover 100

SupersonicElectronic

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:28 am
OMG I can't wait~ x3
I just hope that they don't ruin it for me and that they give Germany a good voice *_*

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:36 am
xLGDusty
OMG I can't wait~ x3
I just hope that they don't ruin it for me and that they give Germany a good voice *_*

Ditto, only Austria. for some reason I always imagined him with a slight British accent >.<  

Luckybug76

Dapper Seeker

5,800 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cats vs Dogs 100

Cas_Angel_of_Thursday

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:35 am
This is pretty exciting. I just hope they do our nation-tans justice.

Oh, also....

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

AMERICA/COLBERT BFFS FOREVER!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:31 pm
x_LoveObject_x
nuripyon

Oh, FUNimation's totally going to F#$% this up stare . I still remember me getting excited over the DGM English episodes... I still remember how the used the exact same voics they use for EVERY other show and how much they FAIL!! The last good sub they did was maybe Solty Rei or something, but, overall, they don't know crap about the characters and they fan's real image of a character. Even new fans can tell that the voices should be different!! And Tsubasa and Black Cat!! They're just so "UGH! scream "  

Pronoun She

Pronoun She

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:06 pm
EmXchan
User Image

It's finally happened, eh? Funimation now has the rights to Hetalia. This means the anime will be dubbed and released in the US.
So, what do you guys think? Excited? Worried? Wondering who will voice who? AS LONG AS STEPHEN COLBERT DOES AMERICA I'M GOOD.

That soundsd legit. You should make a petition. I'd so tap that.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:23 pm
I think that, if Funimation keeps it simple and doesn't focus too heavily on accents, it'll be fine. I think they should skip on accents altogether, honestly.

Overall, I'm just lookng forward to a DVD release. I probably won't watch the english version much. sweatdrop

Josephine Falnor

8,800 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Gender Swap 100

nine-step waltz

Tipsy Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:16 pm
Josephine Falnor
Overall, I'm just lookng forward to a DVD release. I probably won't watch the english version much. sweatdrop
User Image

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

^-^ Yes.
●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:27 pm
User Image
http://www.funimation.com/hetalia/

Mixed feelings here.

Really happy that Hetalia is done by Funimation, but I'm sort of nervous of how the accents will come out. Seeing how did they do with Baccano, I hope they do well.

But I wouldn't worry if Vic is doing the dubs since he as a thing with homosexuals if you see what he did with Tsubasa.

Wonder if Funimation will dub Marukaite Chikyuu endings though...

Cynical Purugly

Desirable Lover

Luckybug76

Dapper Seeker

5,800 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:46 pm
Cynical Purugly
User Image
Wonder if Funimation will dub Marukaite Chikyuu endings though...

Slightly worried about that. If I were them, I wouldn't attempt it. But when you think about it, they have three solid options:

1. Dub Chikyuu.
2. Use the Japanese version (and put their voice actors to shame xd ).
3. Find another song to use.  
Meeting Room

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces