Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Convention Forum
Crazy Con Goers: A Rant and Discussion Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tsuki Nushi

9,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:44 am
Nulfi
Neither will I, neither will I. u___u
But, it's fine. That didn't stop us from enjoying the Con.
I don't think he was even in cosplay.... More like
Hot Topic drag.

Oh, I don't know what that would make him then...other than a p***k of course. I'm reminded of those people you encounter every now and again who go on tirades if you dare interrupt what they're doing. (Wish I had a name for these people)

Like this lady who was talking to this cosplayer "backstage" (meaning a semi-closed hallway to the side of the "stage") at the masquerade. I asked her to move along because she was blocking the hallway (aka doing my job) and she went nuts and told me she was going to the con head to report me for being rude to her. WTF?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:46 pm
Sometimes, people need to just chill~
That or be heavily sedated because some of those
mofos are there are seriously borderline insane.

Nulfi

aaaaaaaiaiaiaiai

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:04 am
In the last con I went to, my friend and I occasionally walked to the park to chill out. One time there were other con goers sitting around there too, on a nearby wall. They stared at us for ten minutes, sometimes whispering a word or two to each other D:

It was weird and annoying.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:23 pm
das Raubtier
In the last con I went to, my friend and I occasionally walked to the park to chill out. One time there were other con goers sitting around there too, on a nearby wall. They stared at us for ten minutes, sometimes whispering a word or two to each other D:

It was weird and annoying.

That is weird.  

Tsuki Nushi

9,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200

PandaTeddy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:15 am
My friend is one of the crazy con goers.
It's a hassle to keep her under control. >.<

I think my heart skipped a beat when she touched someone's prop without permission.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:02 pm
Really, elitists are kinda like those people who are very, very into Drama. Drama isn't bad or anything, but when one is too immersed... it's like all the pressure builds up and you get irritated easily. What happened to cons being just for fun?  

HetChrome

Tsuki Nushi

9,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:10 am
MafiosoDiVongola
Really, elitists are kinda like those people who are very, very into Drama. Drama isn't bad or anything, but when one is too immersed... it's like all the pressure builds up and you get irritated easily. What happened to cons being just for fun?

Exactly! I hate drama; and the sad part is that almost every group has a person who loves to create it!

The staff member who slacks off or sabotages the con, the cosplay snob who refuses pics or criticizes every little flaw in others costumes, the people who ask you to stay in their room but then act like you're a burden, the folks who use the hallways as their own personal photo shoots, etc.

I don't mention the trolls and Anons because they're so blatantly obvious about it, it just comes of as stupid and humorous.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:35 am
Tsuki Nushi
I don't mention the trolls and Anons because they're so blatantly obvious about it, it just comes of as stupid and humorous.

Yeah, the anons...it seems everyone overreacts to them as if they're just some sort of secret overpowering cult instead of a bunch of high school kids who like to yell and act like complete asses for no apparent reason.

Hey, at least they have fun masks. rolleyes  

RyanJakobi

Aged Humorist

23,925 Points
  • NPCon Attendee 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500

Tsuki Nushi

9,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:05 pm
RyanJakobi
Tsuki Nushi

Yeah, the anons...it seems everyone overreacts to them as if they're just some sort of secret overpowering cult instead of a bunch of high school kids who like to yell and act like complete asses for no apparent reason.

Hey, at least they have fun masks. rolleyes

Heh, I know. They do make for some epic lawls, especially at Fanime when they counter protest the protesters.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:50 pm
Um, please pardon my blatant stupidity... but what is an anon? sweatdrop  

Strawberry Skank

Tsuki Nushi

9,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:19 am
Strawberry Skank
Um, please pardon my blatant stupidity... but what is an anon? sweatdrop

Anonymous  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:48 am
Is that it?  

Tsuki Nushi

9,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200

Tsunji

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 12:22 am
Dilly Dally.
People who think conventions are red carpet events.
Cosplayers should dress to express. Not to f****** impress.

Mostly females. Eugh. );<
There are people who'd do anything just to get attention.
It's sad, sickening and downright annoying.

Photograpervs
Self explanatory.

Elitists
Just shut it, lol.
Stop the dramu and just enjoy the conventions and cosplaying.
D;<
I don't care if you've been cosplaying for a decade or a week.
Elitists usually bash the newbies when they should guide them instead.
These people who think they're better don't deserve my respect. );<

People who take shots when the cosplayers aren't ready yet.
People who take stolen shots.
People who don't say please.
People who don't say sorry when they bump into you.

Wow. I said quite a lot. o.o;
:;Shuts up now.;

Shilly shally.

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 12:33 am
hm..I don't like the people who stare....with a rude look. crying Hurts me you know? and the people who sit next to you cause they like your costume but then makes a rude comment about you because a little bit of your costume is a bit off. >..>  

sakurayoshema

Tsunji

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 12:39 am
sakurayoshema
hm..I don't like the people who stare....with a rude look. crying Hurts me you know? and the people who sit next to you cause they like your costume but then makes a rude comment about you because a little bit of your costume is a bit off. >..>
Dilly Dally.
Same here. crying It's usually the hardcore fans of the character or anime who do that. I sometimes want to tell them that I did my best. >:U
Shilly shally.

Convention Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces