Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply § 20,000 Poll Guild (Hope you are all doing well! -VC A)
Alice In Wonderland Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gunna see the Movie?
  Yes
  No
View Results

Araina Sith

4,600 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:32 am
i am going to see it today in hollywood. in thrre d and i am going to a mad tea party afterwords i am dressing as the mad hatter and yes i know he is a guy and i am a girl but i don't care hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha i will own the mad hatter. so there...  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:01 am
it was pretty good
loved the sets, actors and the story

i see that some people have been talking about it not being original
but seriously who cares its good and they never said it was a new story it is called alice in wonderland its not some random new idea with no connection to anything
you know?

alan rickman as the blue caterpillar, Absolum, was the best choice ever
goota love that voice  

Halarbour

wrathincarnate1

5,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:20 am
i love alic in wonderland just wished it was the more dramatic horror type like in the looking glass wars its a wonderful book by frank beddor. you guys should check it out. i like redd alot .  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:17 am
I LOVED THE MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

dance~thourgh~life

4,450 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Rosto

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:04 pm
wrathincarnate1
i love alic in wonderland just wished it was the more dramatic horror type like in the looking glass wars its a wonderful book by frank beddor. you guys should check it out. i like redd alot .

I love that series, the second book, is interesting.
=D

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:12 pm
i wanna see it so badly! crying  

Winnyao

zu-leika

Witty Phantom

9,650 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:55 am
Rosto
zu-leika
what first one? the only Alice movie I can remember seeing is the animated Disney one... sweatdrop (unless that's the one you're talking about)

and Rosto, was it really? I didn't get a sense of Through the Looking Glass from the commercials...it looked like Burton took the world, tweaked a few characters, and wrote his own story...in short, it looked like fanfiction (not that that's a bad thing or that the movie's not good)

I haven't seen it yet but I don't think I will in theaters, maybe when it's released on dvd I'll see it

I am pretty sure, it is through the looking glass, because it says, you're back again alice, and it matches up with some other versions of alice in wonderland series.
[:

eh, I'm still not convinced...you're right, it does look like some things match up better with Through the Looking Glass like the chess theme, Tweedle-Dee and -Dum, etc. but it also has elements of Wonderland like the Mad Hatter and tea party, the rabbit hole, Cheshire Cat, etc.

and Looking Glass is not really a sequel to Wonderland, they don't take place in the same location for example and the only thing they really have in common is Alice herself, there is no "back again"

I could be wrong but it does look like a mash-up of the two with a new plotline, taking really the essence of Wonderland and maturing it a bit, which actually I think is a good thing...if anyone here has read the books, you know they are very much Victorian children's literature and Alice is mostly reacting to whatever happens and exclaiming at how odd it is; the setting is what makes the books interesting...Alice is more of a tour guide or an avatar for the reader, designed to take the reader through the strange universe looking at things, not really interacting; Alice is a flat, static character. However, it seems to be that in the new movie she is taking a more active and dynamic role.

on another note, Alan Rickman plays the caterpillar? that's so awesome! I love him!  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:17 pm

Went to see it last night in 3D

Blew my mind smile

[Comic.Explosion]
Vice Captain

Gracious Guildswoman

§ 20,000 Poll Guild (Hope you are all doing well! -VC A)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games