Submit

Was This Helpful?
  Yes!
  No...
  Poll Whore Option
View Results

Killed By The Guardians

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:35 pm
This thread was a great idea! It will be so helpful for younger women :3!  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:49 pm
Here's some cramp relievers..

1.OTC pain relievers such as ibuprofen or naproxen used around the clock at the first sign of your period helps to reduce the severity of cramps in many women by inhibiting the release of prostaglandins.

2.Regular exercise such as walking helps to prevent or at least reduce the severity of menstrual cramps for some women.

3.Oral contraceptives may effectively reduce or eliminate menstrual cramps for some women; however you should consider the side effects of oral contraceptives before using them to prevent cramps.

4.Zinc, calcium, and B vitamins obtained in food and supplements have been found to reduce cramps, bloating and other symptoms.

5.Herbal remedies such as Viburnum prunifolium, Scutellaria spp., and Cimicifuga raemosa have an antispasmodic effect that may reduce some

6.A warm bath filled with aromatherapy or a heating pad on your lower abdomen and back is often helpful for relieving menstrual cramping.

......cramps sucks.......oh and i got this info on the internet, but number six is often a good way to relieve cramps ^o^  

Moxcella

6,550 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Hygienic 200

SzayelChan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:08 pm
uhm with me i just take a warm shower or wrap my self in a blanket and keep warm  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:25 pm
LOL..im going to start doing some of those things to help relieve cramps..i hate them..>.<;  

Kaiko luv

Friendly Friend

6,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150

Blue Eyed Wallflower

Thieving Scrounger

36,475 Points
  • Married 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:06 pm
I think this thread is a great idea!! There's are lots of girls here who probably don't want to ask embarrassing period related topics.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:01 pm
Blue Eyed Wallflower
I think this thread is a great idea!! There's are lots of girls here who probably don't want to ask embarrassing period related topics.

i know what you mean..when i first got my period my mom was all excited and then we had ' the talk '
oh my god,that was the worst day ever o_o  

Moxcella

6,550 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Hygienic 200

srv1025

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:08 pm
Wonderful guide for younger girls ^-^  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:41 pm
I cannot survive the first two days of my period without Aleve.

But most of my friends soothe their cramps with honey-filled black tea alone. (Revolution's Bombay Chai is excellent.)  

Liviania

Seawicket

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:17 pm
Liviania

But most of my friends soothe their cramps with honey-filled black tea alone. (Revolution's Bombay Chai is excellent.)

I take Pamprin.
Or if I don't have that.

I'll take Excedrin PM and sleep for the
first half of my period, lol.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:45 pm
I usually take Midol when I'm on my period.

...Problem is, between my anxiety disorder, under-active thyroid, as well as my eating disorder...my period is never regular and when it DOES come, it's usually either hardly there or really heavy (a long with some terrible cramps).

I hate it. So much.
scream  

dormant lime

Astounding Loiterer

12,200 Points
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Tycoon 200

Seawicket

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:48 pm
Mine aren't regular.
I get one every 3 or 4 months.

And I'm not on birth control.
Did I mention, I'm 21?

sweatdrop

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:54 pm
I'm 17 and have no use for birth control, so there's no real reason to spend money on it.

I've put my body through a lot over the years so I'm not surprised that my period is acting up.

dormant lime

Astounding Loiterer

12,200 Points
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Tycoon 200

Liviania

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:17 pm
iCrickle
Liviania

I take Pamprin.
Or if I don't have that.

I'll take Excedrin PM and sleep for the
first half of my period, lol.

I never fail to get mine on a day when I need to drive, so anything that will make me sleep is a no go.

Oh and some advice through anecdote: My period did cause me to skip philosophy one day, despite the fact I almost never skip. (It came early and I didn't take pain meds in time.) My roommate was goggling at me as I laid in bed all, "Make a smart comment and I will shank a b***h." Long story short, carry your pain meds in your purse along with your emergency pads/tampons.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:26 pm
The human heart feels things the eyes cannot see...
User Image

Something I've found helpful, is eating bananas. I don't know why, but it eases the cramps a little. I used to get really bad cramps when I was younger, I was on birth control and regularly taking Midol through my period, but they didn't always help so my mom told me to try eating bananas.
When I get my period and I'm pmsing, bananas are one of my best friends.

User Image
...and knows what the mind cannot understand.

Angel Nicholson

7,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
22. ✿ - - - Health And Exercise

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items