Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Convention Forum
Creepers?!?!?!?! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

burgawinosourus

Toothsome Phantom

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:15 pm
K master of flames
Scientifically Erotic
I think an actual creeper is something that is considered a basement dweller and is having some weird sexual hentai fantasies of the character your dressed as. But when it's you as yourself and not the character then it sort of makes it worse. >_>''

Never again will I cosplay as Blair.
I know exactly what u are talking about, I was not even cosplaying when I got my leg hu mped by a complete stranger (creeper girl).
Oh GOD WHY. gonk I'm so sorry bro. How old was she?  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:23 pm
I guess that I have been stalked at conventions and creepy old guys asked for my picture....but it doesn't really bother me too much. After they realize I could take them out they keep a fair distance  

Teriyaki Tsubaki

1,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

13Kai-Kai

Wild Spirit

19,750 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Winter Guardian 250
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:26 am
Normal: Being generally friendly, keeping personal space limits, flirting a little (see below), friendly conversation, taking "in character" pics...etc.

Creepy: Getting into others personal space, stalking, flirting after some one has either not expressed interest or has stated they are taken, bringing up sexual topics(few exceptions), hitting on underage peeps if you're older, asking for inappropriate poses...etc.

I don't find it creepy to ask someone for a pic no matter how old you/they are as long as it's kept clean. They probably just like the character. wink
Although with small children (if they're cosplaying) I will ask their parents if I can take a picture, it's just common courtesy.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:54 am
My best girl friend and I went to a con last weekend and attended the rave.
At the rave, this teenage girl came up to us and started dancing with us. Within only a minute, she reached up and grabbed my breast, then shoved a big pink stuffed bunny into my cleavage. We walked away.  

Mira Moon Darling

Shymedusa

Interesting Entrepreneur

6,300 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:02 pm
So roughly a creepers is;

someone who obviously get way to close psychially

someone who make inapprioate sexully advance from groping to rape/molesation

who force thier company on you (regardless of thier intentions)

does that vaguely cover it  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:20 pm
Chibi Chibi Sami
At the rave, this teenage girl came up to us and started dancing with us. Within only a minute, she reached up and grabbed my breast, then shoved a big pink stuffed bunny into my cleavage. We walked away.

That is so disturbing....idk what I would do  

Teriyaki Tsubaki

1,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Walter_The_fourth

Profitable Millionaire

5,600 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:48 pm
Teriyaki Tsubaki
Chibi Chibi Sami

That is so disturbing....idk what I would do

At otakon last year i was dancing and i saw this chick in between 2 guys dancing with both of them. Next thing i see is her making out with one guy, turns her head and kisses the other guy!!!!

Both kisses were deep.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:57 pm
PandaTeddy
You officially become a creeper when you purposefully try to be physically close to a person that doesn't want to be close to you. If you follow them around after they've expressed that they don't have that much interest in being with you, then you're a creeper.

Girls send very subtle hints when they want to be left alone; that's just the way we are. Not smiling is one of them. If she never smiles when you're around, then she's probably trying to send you a message that you're making her uncomfortable and she doesn't want you around. Avoiding eye contact with you is another sign that you should find someone else to hang out with.

I'm a girl and I tend to smile when I'm very nervous which gives guys the idea that I do want them around >.< It sucks! Even when I try not smiling, it doesn't work  

SaltyCheerio

Witty Fatcat

8,400 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200

PandaTeddy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:16 pm
Tr-ee
PandaTeddy
You officially become a creeper when you purposefully try to be physically close to a person that doesn't want to be close to you. If you follow them around after they've expressed that they don't have that much interest in being with you, then you're a creeper.

Girls send very subtle hints when they want to be left alone; that's just the way we are. Not smiling is one of them. If she never smiles when you're around, then she's probably trying to send you a message that you're making her uncomfortable and she doesn't want you around. Avoiding eye contact with you is another sign that you should find someone else to hang out with.

I'm a girl and I tend to smile when I'm very nervous which gives guys the idea that I do want them around >.< It sucks! Even when I try not smiling, it doesn't work

Unfortunately, most guys need a hint about as subtle as a sledgehammer to get the message. I understand what you mean. And a lot of girls would feel rude saying it bluntly so guys think that just because she hasn't said 'no' means that it's a 'YES'.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:46 pm
I went as Miroku one year and these two fangirls kept on stalking me! At first they asked for a pic with them and that's ok, but afterwards it got creepy. They just stalked me and everytime i looked back they ran off stressed it was really annoying. The other creepy fangirl asked me to stay in cosplay and invited me to her room O.o ok, it's a con not a swing fest!!  

Yellow_Ronin2000

Extreme Cuddler
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:08 pm
Scientifically Erotic
K master of flames
Scientifically Erotic
I think an actual creeper is something that is considered a basement dweller and is having some weird sexual hentai fantasies of the character your dressed as. But when it's you as yourself and not the character then it sort of makes it worse. >_>''

Never again will I cosplay as Blair.
I know exactly what u are talking about, I was not even cosplaying when I got my leg hu mped by a complete stranger (creeper girl).
Oh GOD WHY. gonk I'm so sorry bro. How old was she?
I am not sure I did not ask, but she looked around 15ish since it was around the time when people under 18 are allowed in the rave. When it is 18 and up I try not 2 go 2 the rave because I think it gets crazier. (drugs and stuff, and yes I have seen some and been offered some)  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:10 pm
Yellow_Ronin2000
I went as Miroku one year and these two fangirls kept on stalking me! At first they asked for a pic with them and that's ok, but afterwards it got creepy. They just stalked me and everytime i looked back they ran off stressed it was really annoying. The other creepy fangirl asked me to stay in cosplay and invited me to her room O.o ok, it's a con not a swing fest!!
well it is expected since Miroku has so many fangirls. Such as if a guy cosplayed as Ulquiorra or L (b4 he was over cosplayed).  

Extreme Cuddler
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

Ramu_Hime

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:57 pm
Otakon '09

Was munching on pizza at about 3AM in the hotel lobby with my boyfriend and some of his friends. This guy we all kinda know, cosplaying something from Bleach(Had the outfit, but no wig, so I couldn't tell) comes up and starts eating our pizza, , then plops down right next to me on the couch(And when I say next to me, I MEAN right next to me. It was a huge couch) He starts scratching me behind my fox ears (kyuubi snj Naruto) and asking me to purr for him.

Keep in mind that my boyfriend is RIGHT THERE. He's pretty freaking tall, cosplaying Kakashi, and at this point looks pretty damn threatening, glaring at this guy.

So I come up with this ingenious idea that if I sit on my boyfriend's lap, the guy will get the hint and go away.

WRONG

The guy literally GETS up and SITS in MY lap while I'm in my BOYFRIEND'S lap.

At this point, we push him off our laps and start bitching at him for being a socially inept little s**t with no concept of personal space and he just stares at us with the most clueless look on his face. We had enough of it, and just left to go back to our rooms.

I'm sure I've got more, but this one stands out the most. -_-;;  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:57 pm
Hypocrisy_Himself
Otakon '09

Was munching on pizza at about 3AM in the hotel lobby with my boyfriend and some of his friends. This guy we all kinda know, cosplaying something from Bleach(Had the outfit, but no wig, so I couldn't tell) comes up and starts eating our pizza, , then plops down right next to me on the couch(And when I say next to me, I MEAN right next to me. It was a huge couch) He starts scratching me behind my fox ears (kyuubi snj Naruto) and asking me to purr for him.

Keep in mind that my boyfriend is RIGHT THERE. He's pretty freaking tall, cosplaying Kakashi, and at this point looks pretty damn threatening, glaring at this guy.

So I come up with this ingenious idea that if I sit on my boyfriend's lap, the guy will get the hint and go away.

WRONG

The guy literally GETS up and SITS in MY lap while I'm in my BOYFRIEND'S lap.

At this point, we push him off our laps and start bitching at him for being a socially inept little s**t with no concept of personal space and he just stares at us with the most clueless look on his face. We had enough of it, and just left to go back to our rooms.

I'm sure I've got more, but this one stands out the most. -_-;;

I hate when people don't get the hint to just leave.
ughh  

Sadistic Rainbows

1,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Dressed Up 200

Pearlescent Priestess

Bashful Healer

18,200 Points
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Battle: Cleric 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:41 am
My thoughts on creepers is that if someone stays around you (fir the purpose of being around you) or stares at you and you don't know them (and don't want to be friends).  
Convention Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff