Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Cosplay Ideas & Suggestions
"easy" cosplay Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Is L(from death note) an easy cosplay (read post first)
yeah! You just throw on a shirt, and throw on some pants, and throw on a wig and: BAM! cosplay!
35%
 35%  [ 35 ]
its in the middle somewhere.
31%
 31%  [ 31 ]
Very difficult: it takes a true expert to get this cosplay right!
15%
 15%  [ 15 ]
Impossible cosplay. 'nuff said.
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
.....Orange Chicken??
15%
 15%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 98

Hoshi no Miko

Distinct Member

5,150 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 10:32 am
I tend to try and go easy on cosplayers that choose to do an "easy" cosplay. More often than not it's their first time cosplaying after all, and everyone has the right to be a "newbie." It's when said "easy cosplay" looks like crap, but the cosplayer is acting "holier than thou" and thinks they are hot s*** that I have a problem.

I suppose another good reason I try to be gentle with them, is because I often do "easy" cosplays. Granted, I do my best to make them look good and accurate, but a majority of my stuff comes from a thrift shop and is pieced together to look like the character. I can't sew to save my life, so I refuse to get a high and mighty attitude. Of course that is also because I have friends who are AMAZING and dedicated cosplayers. I see the amount of work that they put into their cosplays, even if it is "easy" and I know I haven't got any right to get uppity.

I will say that I am lucky though, and with a majority of my "easy" cosplays I have been told I look good, and have remained accurate to the character.  
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 1:59 pm
One of the simpliest cosplays is Naminé from Kingdom Hearts.. But it's not so easy to make..
Like someone fail L's cosplay, some pepole think that cosplaying Naminé is just like "put on white dress and use long, blond wig"
And L's like "put on jeans and white shirt and wig needs to be only black"
But yea, thos two cosplays are SIMPLY, not so EASY biggrin  

Artiniest

OhNoesItsMiho

Unbeatable Lover

9,150 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 7:20 pm
Characters from any of the Animal Crossing games. When I mean characters, I mean the one you created.

That's considered an easy cosplay. I guess the only way someone could recognize you if you had the bug net, fishing pole, etc.  
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 9:01 pm
Tsukihime and Kara no Kyoukai characters tend to be simple. I could pull off L, I already have dark circles under my eyes(from cramming), thin build, and long enough black hair that I could spike it funkily to resemble L.  

MAGNUM777

Shameless Citizen

7,400 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Phoenix Form

Tipsy Friend

8,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 11:12 am
I think the general rule is, if you can buy the costume in the dealer's room (IE, akatsuki coats, bleach captain's coats, Naruto's jacket, etc), it's probably gonna suck... People just throw on the bought cosplay by the hundreds, and assume they're great... and most of them try to be elitists about it... They aren't easy! D: Deidara is an incredibly difficult character, for example, with the makeup and crazy eyes and handmouths, and all that jazz... but you're gonna see 30 prepubescent girls in coats they just bought in the dealer's room and a ponytail, throwing a fit because no one is taking their picture, and spoiling it for the guy who spend a lot of time and money making a really good Deidara cosplay...  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:11 pm
easy cosplay, in my opinion there really is no such thing...
I agree that simple does not mean easy. I am guilty of doing a closet cosplay Misa, but I at least know it wasn't good. I also spent a lot of time on the hairstyle, because I've seen Misas that have the tails but they have stray hairs flying everywhere!!
Same thing with L, everytime I see a short-hair L i feel like smacking them.
I've seen too many fail Naruto cosplays... it's not easy like people think it is. Same thing with Ash cosplayers. Once you see a buzz-cut Ash cosplayer, you can't unsee it burning_eyes
i'd really like to get all those "EASY" cosplays outta my memory  

tattahitotsuyakusoku

burgawinosourus

Toothsome Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:36 pm
SayaTheHani
One of the simpliest cosplays is Naminé from Kingdom Hearts.. But it's not so easy to make..
Like someone fail L's cosplay, some pepole think that cosplaying Naminé is just like "put on white dress and use long, blond wig"
Namine is pretty easy which astounds me for thet fact that cosplay magic is selling that cosplay(with no wig or shoes) for like 200. That's ******** nuts man.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:24 am
The Lone Wolf Jedi
kiropterain1
anything easy for bleach?

Characters that are not wearing the normal outfits, ie, Soul Reapers in regular clothes when they are in a gigai, find some random outfit, put on a short white wig and BAM! you're Toshiro and the only different looking visored is Mashiro so all but her can easily be done

I do believe you're forgetting the arrancar.

They are certainly not easy I speak from experience when I had to help my friend with her Szayel cosplay. That was a friggin' b***h.

I've gotta say though You'd be surprised how easy a Sailor-Fuku is to make as long as you've got the right material.

I_Luvs_Puppets

Glacirus

5,500 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:16 pm
Scientifically Erotic
SayaTheHani
Namine is pretty easy which astounds me for thet fact that cosplay magic is selling that cosplay(with no wig or shoes) for like 200. That's ******** nuts man.

Cosplay magic, I find, to be overpriced because they're big-name (google has them in the slightly yellow-color box when you search cosplay)

I man...Lambo costume. No wig or any fancy things. just the 15 year old lambo outfit from KHR... $300.

As for the posts about the bleach characters... the whole "random outfit + white wig" does not even equal a cosplay. I see taht and I don't instantly thing "Toshiro!" I think "WTF is that idiot doing?" because all I'll see is a white wig.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:58 pm
I'll admit it. I buy my cosplays. Then I alter them a bit. I can't for the life of me handle a sewing machine. sweatdrop I don't expect pictures or people arguing about whether I made mine or not. I just want to dress as my favorite character. 3nodding
I've never ranked on another cosplayer. I have seen some poorly put together ones (an Ichigo wearing a black bath robe and spiking his hair) but I don't say anything.

Bermese

Dedicated Fatcat

11,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Wall Street 200

Extreme Cuddler
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:05 pm
Cosplays that i have personally found simple 2 make are pokemon ginjikas but they are cool. The usual tough parts of there are just making or getting the little details right 2 make it stand out more  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:04 pm
A easy cosplay is a cosplay that took no effort becuase even if youre a beginner and your cosplay looks like sh#$ it was easy by NO MEANS. Now if youre anywhere between beginner and pro and you just decide not to put any effort into it or buy it that was a easy cosplay. Not nesscarily bad(all the time) or good. This is where easy become bad.
Another concept is a cosplay where you can actually make it out of normal clothes. I got ; ash from pokemon, luffy from one peice, simca from air gear  

Shymedusa

Interesting Entrepreneur

6,300 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Full closet 200

Saber vampire

Distinct Werewolf

6,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:34 pm
some of the costumes from Hetalia are pretty easy. You just have to go get the same color shirt and pants, a belt, boots, and a wig or hair gel. :3  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:50 am
I cosplayed Sakon , I know its a easy cosplay .....BUT~~ I did not put on a wig I grew my hair out and changed it`s color.. in fact I have never warn a wig for my cosplays.

Personalty cosplay with out wigs!!~~ that is what I have learned from cosplaying in japan.*Thumbs up*

trapseeker 13

Shymedusa

Interesting Entrepreneur

6,300 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:27 am
Youre one of the lucky indiviuals that can dye thier hair without it falling out. I cannot emo  
Cosplay Ideas & Suggestions

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff