Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
I'm officially pissed off. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bull
  s**t
View Results

Bored4Life57

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 8:44 pm
Kosai Avonej
Selective Service my a**, more like "Okay we're going to have a war now and send you off to your death. Thank you come again."

What I don't understand is that the U.S. isn't supposed to have a draft at all. Yet it is mandatory for all males age 18-25. When people get their license renewed when they turn 18, the DMV automatically registers them. Bull. s**t.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 9:03 pm
It's because if something happened where they decided to reinstate the draft, they already have it ready.

How come only males have to register? What happened to women's lib, eh? EH? o:<  

Szen
Vice Captain

6,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 9:08 pm
Yeah. It's a list of people who they can draft if they ever establish another draft. Otherwise, it would take a while to get everyone able to register when they needed people.

Women are except because WE ARE DELICATE AND PETITE.
I'm assuming it might also be that they would have a harder time finding women that are potentially able to have the strength they want to draft. So, they would waste money testing people? XD Or do they not test people when they draft them?  
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 9:24 pm
I don't know, but if you get drafted, you can walk in and say, "You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant," and then walk back out.  

Szen
Vice Captain

6,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Bored4Life57

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 9:54 pm

I'm moderately certain we don't need a draft. There are already plenty of people who join the military -voluntarily.- It's still bullshit. And I agree that it's quite sexist towards women. I know lots of women (including my grandmother) who have been or plan to be in the military.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 6:58 pm
epic failtastic
It'd be faster and easier to run up here to Canada. We barely even have an army. And our schools are cheaper.

THIS. I love being Canadian. heart

Conan The Barbie Doll

diffun

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 7:33 pm
Military draft?
That's pretty shitty, really.

My brother and I are able to become dual citizens (Australia-Chile), but he’s not going to because of the mandatory (and random) military draft/service for males in Chile.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 8:51 pm
Conan The Barbie Doll
epic failtastic
It'd be faster and easier to run up here to Canada. We barely even have an army. And our schools are cheaper.

THIS. I love being Canadian. heart

I've already been told that if I get drafted I'm going to be getting very familiar with my cousins in Canada. I didn't know I had cousins in Canada, but apparently I do. Haha. I think it would be fun to like in Canadia (intentional misspelling....). >_> I promise if I end up in Canada, I'll look you guys up. :3

Bored4Life57

The Suites

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces