Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply Extended Discussion
The rainbow Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ayame_Rikimayu

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:24 am
As a symbol for the gay community I'm indifferent. As for rainbows themselves, I love them soo much. My love for rainbows has nothing to do with me being gay. I just love rainbows (and Lisa Frank)  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:25 am
I'll be honest, I love rainbows (I dislike the gay stereotype, but I had to admit it), but as a symbol, it is begging for more torture in my community.  

The Real Shanaku

5,450 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Sarah_L_Awesome

5,350 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:20 pm
I love 'em, not because they're pretty, actually they tend to annoy me but I have a homophobic cousin and every time I'm in the same building as her I like to point out rainbows and say "Hey look! God is celebrating pride day! Looks like the gays aren't goint to hell after all!....*walks away*... b***h"  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:34 am
it means that life is colorful haahahhaha  

Vongola Rain Yamamoto

PandoraCaitiff

7,300 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:15 am
It's a great symbol if you understand what it represents.

It's nothing to do with the Handkercheif Code. It was specificaly designed byGilbert Baker in the 1970s. And the colours represent:

hot pink: sexuality
red: life
orange: healing
yellow: sunlight
green: nature
turquoise: magic/art
indigo/blue: serenity/harmony
violet: spirit

Purple has also been reclaimed recently by Bisexual and Transgender people as it is the mixture of blue (male) and red/pink (female)  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:42 am
Too colourful. Don't like.

That is, I don't like the appearance of it. As it is just too rainbowy. I actually have a button that I have on my school book bag that has the phrase: I'm gay but I really don't like rainbows.

I do, however, really love double rainbows. What do they mean?  

Ogyshi

Corporal Maladict

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:14 am
Wikipedia on the Rainbow Flag  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:19 pm
I personally don't care, I mean the nazi leader Hitler liked shastickas, and that became a nazi symbol, so what ever makes a person happy  

xxlazerwolfxx

Tim Stiff

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:31 pm
I completely support what rainbows stand for and that other people like it to show a symbol of their pride and such....
That said, I am just not a rainbow fan.
I love colours. I don't think there is one colour I particularly don't like. But having all those colours together is kind of overwhelming for me. I would probably wear a small rainbow pin or anything of similar size, but that would be the most.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:19 pm
PandoraCaitiff
It's a great symbol if you understand what it represents.

It's nothing to do with the Handkercheif Code. It was specificaly designed byGilbert Baker in the 1970s. And the colours represent:

hot pink: sexuality
red: life
orange: healing
yellow: sunlight
green: nature
turquoise: magic/art
indigo/blue: serenity/harmony
violet: spirit

Purple has also been reclaimed recently by Bisexual and Transgender people as it is the mixture of blue (male) and red/pink (female)

MY PURPLE!

But seriously, that is pretty cool surprised never new the meanings of all the colors...  

Ziroshi Takashi

Sarah_L_Awesome

5,350 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:33 pm
I like it because rainbows are cool sweatdrop ...  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:22 pm
I think it is an excellent symbol, it includes a whole spectrum of people, not just one color per say.

It represents (to me at least) that we are all different shades, but made of the same thing ( for symbolism, that would be light, IRL, Human beings) and that we should accept everyone for who they are, no matter how different they are from us.  

Saturdays Tierce

Witty Informer

7,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100

DoctorButler

6,150 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:25 am
The rainbow makes it easier to represent, but may also make you a target. Bisexual flag is sexier anyway.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:42 am
I, personally, don't care to much for rainbows.
Yet... as a symbol of pride I have multiple colored hair ties making a rainbow attached to my mp4 player.
I actually bought the hair ties 1) cuz I needed some, and 2) because I was going to make a rainbow pattern with them on my wrist when I went out (away from my family, of course), but they ended up being to small for both my hair and wrist and....

...Sorry, it seems that I started rambling a bit.

But all this said, note that I'm very, very manly looking. I can thank Cherokee ancestry for that.  

Luneth Moon

Timid Fox

12,400 Points
  • Master Converter 500
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Generous 100

Ziroshi Takashi

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:51 pm
DoctorButler
The rainbow makes it easier to represent, but may also make you a target. Bisexual flag is sexier anyway.

This is a good point, I wear a bracelet with the colors of the Bi-sexual flag on it, only because almost no one knows what it means...

Hell, I didn't even know we had a flag until after I came here razz  
Extended Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces