Daffodil the Destroyer

Salty Bilge rat

44,725 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 4:23 pm
User Image

I had a little boyfriend when I was in kindergarten; we pretended we were married and such. But I never actually got into any dating or legitimate relationships until I was 16. My first experience with it was horrible and I still deal with emotional scars from it (I'm nearly 25, to put it in perspective. It's been close to a decade since that stuff happened). If I'd started dating at a younger age, I may have had the good fortune to have a better first boyfriend who wouldn't have treated me like a piece of property, but I may not have. And if I didn't know how to stand up for myself at 16, I sure wouldn't have been able to do it any younger than that and I'm sure the emotional repercussions would have been horrible.

I wasn't able to keep my head out of the clouds and I fell in love with that jerk because he said what I wanted to hear, and I think there's even more danger of that kind of emotional damage happening if you date in middle school.

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 9:32 pm
I don't see anything wrong with dating before high school. Most of my friends started dating at fifth grade. They never got serious just like pecks on the cheeks,hugs,and holding hands. They had the boys come to their houses. My friend Tiffany snuck her boyfriend to her house. They didn't get caught or anything. He had fun with me,Tiffany, and her cousin. It wasn't much except them holding hands.  

HONEYSENPAl

Liberal Cub

9,050 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Regular 100

Artists Love Forever

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:59 pm
I say 6th-7th grade, but it depends on how mature you are.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:17 pm
I'm gonna give you my honest opinion, which seems to be similar to many others here, but 16+. When you are young, enjoy it. It's the only freedom you really get in life.
I always promised my self I'd have a boyfriend by 13, but I didn't feel I was mature enough. I was still finding my self, because when you are young, you don't even really know yourself yet!
You go through so many changes when you are a young teenager, and you still are maturing. That means you make mistakes more easily, your emotions are wild, and you will just create so many things you regret.

It may sound like what a lot of other people are saying here, but that's because this is a smart choice!  

Emo Pankakes

Gracious Gekko

11,500 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

NinjaChick2012

350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:25 pm
Angel Nicholson
NinjaChick2012
Angel Nicholson
The human heart feels things the eyes cannot see...
User Image

In my opinion, you really shouldn't until you're at least 15...But that's just my opinion.
In my parenting class, we were taught that a relationship before the age of 16 can have extremely negative effects later in life, though I can only remember a few of them off hand...
I dunno, but it's just...weird to be "dating" before the age of 15, I mean, you're still a kid, use that time to be a kid. There are so many things you can get into trouble with in a relationship and you don't need that at a younger age. Not to mention STD's and pregnancy depending on how far you take the relationship. But it can cause psychological "issues" later.

I dunno, it's up to you, but I don't think it's a good idea before the age of 15, and I'm partially speaking out of personal experience, 3 relationships before I was 16 and I regret all 3 of them because I was too young. It's not a good idea, really, but whenever you feel ready is okay, I guess. Just don't force yourself to do anything just because you feel you should or you feel pressured or anything. Only do something like this when you feel ready.

User Image
...and knows what the mind cannot understand.

Ahh,I see as well! x3
Before 16...I'll think about that. ^-^

Lol I'm not trying to be bitchy or anything, but there are negative things to everything and you really have to take things into consideration. A relationship is a big thing, they can be really scary and break easily.
You do have to be gentle with them lol
What I'm saying is, don't do it before you're not ready. I wouldn't let my kids date before 15, but that's just because of what I've been through with dating at a young age. Just go at your own pace and don't do anything until you truly feel that you're ready.

I see what you mean,because I've seen that happen around me before,the break-ups and such...  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:31 pm
music_angel209
I don't see anything wrong with dating before high school. Most of my friends started dating at fifth grade. They never got serious just like pecks on the cheeks,hugs,and holding hands. They had the boys come to their houses. My friend Tiffany snuck her boyfriend to her house. They didn't get caught or anything. He had fun with me,Tiffany, and her cousin. It wasn't much except them holding hands.

Something similar happened to my elementary.
In 6th grade,people thought it was fun to make out and such and that's all they ever talk about other than their friends and gossip.
Those kind of people are who i consider the popular kids,because it seemed like they really were! Hanging out with the other kids who were well-known school-wide.

NinjaChick2012

350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100

NinjaChick2012

350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:32 pm
Artists Love Forever

That's what most of my friends think too,especially the ones already dating...they're "supposedly" ready,but I'm not sure because that's none of my business. o:  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:13 am
NinjaChick2012
Artists Love Forever

That's what most of my friends think too,especially the ones already dating...they're "supposedly" ready,but I'm not sure because that's none of my business. o:

Ehh, I still say 10th grade. It's a good age and that's when people have calmed down. To be honest, before that, dating is like a trend. Everyone wants someone because that seems to be the "cool" thing to do. And to be really honest, before that, you're still children and don't really comprehend loving someone and what being in a relationship is really all about (it's not just all about kissing and holding hands). And yes, there are kids who will argue that they do know what love is, but at that age, you really don't and I'm going to stand by that. Everyone gets older and soon realizes that it was true and at that age, they didn't know what it was either, but that's part of growing up :/  

Angel Nicholson

7,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100

Quean

Invisible Gekko

5,100 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:18 am
It depends on the maturity level of the people involved. If its at 13, then you better not be having sex, and if you are, you should make sure you're on birth control. Personally I think people should start dating when they're ready, I just also have realized that most people think they are ready before they actually are... So I dunno.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:01 pm
I agree with Quean on that one.

AstridMiriam

Party Browser

13,100 Points
  • Runway First Vote 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Edward 100

User_20392979

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:14 am
Angel Nicholson
User Image

In my opinion, you really shouldn't until you're at least 15...But that's just my opinion.
In my parenting class, we were taught that a relationship before the age of 16 can have extremely negative effects later in life, though I can only remember a few of them off hand...
I dunno, but it's just...weird to be "dating" before the age of 15, I mean, you're still a kid, use that time to be a kid. There are so many things you can get into trouble with in a relationship and you don't need that at a younger age. Not to mention STD's and pregnancy depending on how far you take the relationship. But it can cause psychological "issues" later.

I dunno, it's up to you, but I don't think it's a good idea before the age of 15, and I'm partially speaking out of personal experience, 3 relationships before I was 16 and I regret all 3 of them because I was too young. It's not a good idea, really, but whenever you feel ready is okay, I guess. Just don't force yourself to do anything just because you feel you should or you feel pressured or anything. Only do something like this when you feel ready.

User Image

I agree. In my experience, 16 is a good age but any younger I don't recommend. You're young, you don't need to be in a hurry and most high school relationships don't last very long.

Just make sure you are ready to handle a relationship and all that may come with it. Serious relationships takes work and may lead to things, such as sex and you want to make sure you are not only ready but prepared.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:29 am
Junior high?
No way. <3
Sure, I "dated" then but it was really just hanging out and having fun with a cute boy. No feelings involved, at least on my part.
But for serious dating?
You're just way too young!
You shouldn't be caught up in all the drama of a relationship..
Just have fun!
I miss being a kid and not having a care in the world.
When you get older you're forced to grow up, be mature...
and certainly not be carefree..
Go outside and play, have big slumber parties with your gal pals, watch saturday morning cartoons~~
(...and do your homework. xP)
Definitely hang out with cute boys! Flirt with them, get their numbers.
But make sure it's all in fun.x]
Not to be bossy but you don't need to stress yet.
Be free and young while you can!
Before you know it you'll be a senior with tons of schoolwork..ap classes, a sport, clubs, a job..
Not to mention the drama!
It takes a lot of responsibility and yes, nearly 0 "fun time."
But by then you'll learn how to handle it, and through that maybe manage a serious relationship with someone you love. <3

flauterfli

Gekko

3,700 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Timid 100

flauterfli

Gekko

3,700 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:36 am
Angel Nicholson
jesusgirl115
I say when your ready to get married
What is the point of dating if your not going to get married?
I've been asked out starting at the age of 12 but have never acccepted just because of the fact I don't want to get married or have sex any time soon so whats the point of getting into something that you really don't need or want in your life right now?

User Image

Because you're not just going to go out and marry some random guy. You want to take the steps in getting to know how a relationship with the person is going to work before you get married. You don't want to be in an unhappy marriage because you didn't take the proper steps.
It's the old fashioned "courting" idea.
You have to test drive a vehicle before you buy it. My views on sex before marriage are mixed (if you want to wait, go for it, but don't tell everyone who didn't that they're sinners, that sort of thing).
Anyway, there is a point to dating people you're not going to marry because you don't know if they're right for you to marry if you don't date first.
Your way of thinking there just strikes me as silly.
What's the point of marrying someone you barely know? You're never going to be "ready to get married" if you don't find a guy who can make you feel like that over time.
Also, some people just don't want to get married. My stepfather never wants to get married (they're married commonlaw), but he wants a good girlfriend to spend the rest of his life with. Marriage for him, is just too much of a formal title.
You don't HAVE to get married or have sex just because you have a relationship, but it is very wise to check out the dating scene before you even think about getting married. Like I said, you need to test drive before you buy. You don't want to tie the knot with someone who turned out to not work for you.

Anyway, that's my opinion of your post. Take it or leave it, but you, my dear, just sound like a silly little girl whee

User Image

[doublepost]
Actually..
I believe she meant dating in the mindset of: could he be the one?
And finding what type of man one would like to marry.
Instead of dating just for the fun of it(ie, most middle/high school relationships.)
Not meaning: well I'll marry the first person I date!
Obviously.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:24 pm
imaprettyrainbow
Angel Nicholson
jesusgirl115
I've been asked out starting at the age of 12 but have never acccepted just because of the fact I don't want to get married or have sex any time soon so whats the point of getting into something that you really don't need or want in your life right now?

User Image

Because you're not just going to go out and marry some random guy. You want to take the steps in getting to know how a relationship with the person is going to work before you get married. You don't want to be in an unhappy marriage because you didn't take the proper steps.
You have to test drive a vehicle before you buy it. My views on sex before marriage are mixed (if you want to wait, go for it, but don't tell everyone who didn't that they're sinners, that sort of thing).
Anyway, there is a point to dating people you're not going to marry because you don't know if they're right for you to marry if you don't date first.
What's the point of marrying someone you barely know? You're never going to be "ready to get married" if you don't find a guy who can make you feel like that over time.
Also, some people just don't want to get married. My stepfather never wants to get married (they're married commonlaw), but he wants a good girlfriend to spend the rest of his life with. Marriage for him, is just too much of a formal title.
You don't HAVE to get married or have sex just because you have a relationship, but it is very wise to check out the dating scene before you even think about getting married. Like I said, you need to test drive before you buy. You don't want to tie the knot with someone who turned out to not work for you.

Anyway, that's my opinion of your post. Take it or leave it, but you, my dear, just sound like a silly little girl whee

User Image

[doublepost]
Actually..
Instead of dating just for the fun of it(ie, most middle/high school relationships.)
Obviously.

Ehh...She did post "Whats the point of dating if you're not going to get married?" The answer above all else is "You can't know if he's the right one if you don't date him first." You can't just pick one and expect him to be the one. Chances are you're gonna have to go through a couple before you find him. You can't know if you're ready to be marriedif you don't try him out. You can't just pick a guy and think "Do I want to marry him?" You should date him before you think that.  

Angel Nicholson

7,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100

flauterfli

Gekko

3,700 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:28 am
Angel Nicholson
imaprettyrainbow
Angel Nicholson
jesusgirl115

User Image

User Image

[doublepost]
Actually..
Obviously.

Ehh...She did post "Whats the point of dating if you're not going to get married?" The answer above all else is "You can't know if he's the right one if you don't date him first." You can't just pick one and expect him to be the one. Chances are you're gonna have to go through a couple before you find him. You can't know if you're ready to be marriedif you don't try him out. You can't just pick a guy and think "Do I want to marry him?" You should date him before you think that.

Oh! Hah. Kay.
We have the somewhat the same idea, then.
I didn't mean to think: hmm, is he marriage material?
through the entirety of one date.
I meant after a few dates, and then a more serious relationship.
Just "dating" being a variety of relationships with different men throughout a few years or so.
xP
(not that there's one set formula for finding true love, ya know...no one's an expert because everyone's different -- even if you make yourself sound like one)

26. ✿ - - - Boys

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff