Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Convention Experiences & Running Panels/Conventions Info
That time of the month...during a Con? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ashta Nightrayne

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 8:46 am
User Image
~[Ashta Nightrayne]~
Zombie

Oh the joys of the adventure of the month.
I, however, am on birth control to regulate my monthly adventures. So I know when I will have them and when I don't. The only time where I had to use the drastic pad and tampon, it was during Anime St Louis 2010, just this past month. I kinda wished I finished Princess Midna but lucky enough, the pad lining didn't show on the body suit. I had to make a thicker pair of bottoms for my witch cosplay, which wasn't to hard.

Also, I suggest women and girls to take Pamprin Max Strength
Its both Asprin free and caffine free and it helps with the following evil things
-Cramps
-headaches
-Bloating
-Water-weight gain
-backaches
-muscular aches
and
-Irritability aka Bitchy-ness

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 4:10 pm
I got it the morning of my very first con. It came early and on a really bad day. I also had swine flu the same day...  

Jennisora

5,050 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200

Cariella

Questionable Shopper

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 5:11 pm
Fun stories sound fun D: /shot

I am also on birth control, so I know I won't get mine during Fanime this weekend. *rejoices*

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 3:59 pm
I've been lucky and not been on the rag at con. The last one I went to (Youmacon '09), I actually stopped a day prior.

Now I'm cursing myself, because I'm going to a Steampunk convention this weekend, wearing a bustle gown with all of the tight corset nonsense, and I started two days ago.  

Sugar Pucks

Indulgent Demigod

11,400 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

SakuraRico

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:03 am
The last convention, my girlfriend had hers, and her cosplay was very... revailing... almost naked... (wahat do you expect from an almost hentai? Queen's blade Irma)

She forgot all about the pain when she got handed first prize in the anime category XD  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:12 am
I read on another forum that you can drink parsley tea to make it happen ealier like the week before. I tired that and it worked.  

Hotaru230

chobits_chii123

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:28 pm
Hotaru230
I read on another forum that you can drink parsley tea to make it happen ealier like the week before. I tired that and it worked.

I read that in an herbology book I have. Tried it a few months ago. It worked.. but it tasted horrible. Dx
I think there's a kind of coffee that does a similar thing (although I'd take tea over coffee any day..). I think it's called Gano or something.. I'm not really sure what it's called, but it's supposed to be medicinal and it actually postpones it rather than making it come sooner, which is a side-effect. D:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:07 pm
i have only been to one con and THANK GAWD i didnt get it that week
i would like die if i got it during a con DX

as for parsley tea, i think ill try that, i dont care what it tastes like as long as the pain goes away XD  

Nostalgiacola

Mega Nerd

Hisokas_baby

Fashionable Dabbler

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:42 pm
Aah, yes, birth control is a heavenly item for crises such as this.

Me being as paranoid as I am, I made a mini calender for myself to see if I would get my period at Otakon (end of July). Sure enough, that was the weekend I was supposed to get it...needless to say, I stopped my pill a week early. Now I have one less thing off my mind (and less things to put in my suitcase...).

But I don't think I've had any horrible period experiences at a con yet, thank goodness.
However, my friend got hers by surprise at a con a few months ago. She could barely stand up because of the pain, and she actually had to borrow a pair of underwear from one of my other friends. I felt so bad for her. D:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:39 pm
I seem to get mine every time I go to a con. I just bring a small bottle of ibuprofen for the pain and plenty of sugary food and drinks to elevate my mood. (I'm one of the one that gets super b****y when on the rag)  

Tsuki Nushi

9,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200

HinataShadow17

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:42 pm
I went to my first con last year and, well you guessed it: the curse came with me. I was only there for one day so it was not too bad (that and it was local) but it is rather embarassing. My advice is this, if you think it may start and if it works with your cosplay, wear a pad or tampon. Even if nothing happens, it is better to be safe than sorry. If you are on an extended trip make sure to bring ibprofin or midol, extra supplys, chocolate, and sugar.

Try to distract yourself if you begin to feel moody or in pain, it is truely amazing what a simple distraction can do. And if you are rooming with people, and it does come, don't be afraid to warn them, they won't push you as much.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:50 pm
And every time you ask him for another vanishing act,
he half smiles as if to say...

One positive of getting it during a con is that, if you're crossplaying, extra padding there sort of helps sell the crossplay. XD Also, the somewhat miserable feeling I had even after the Advil was in character, sadly. Nearly bursting into tears? Thank you Jacuzzi Splot.

..."Whatever you want,
whatever you want,
whatever you want is fine by me."

Stegsie

Tiny Friend

12,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Timid 100

o0-Pau-chan-o0

7,200 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:17 pm
I have had it happen where I go to the con and have that time then, but fortunately, I haven't started it while at the con. For two years though, I've had times where I go and I start it before the convention, or right after. Haha. and That's just luck!

But yes, like what others say, make sure you drink plenty of water to prevent de-hydration, bring some pain medication, and just try to have fun! smile  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:47 pm
It's never happened to me, before, but it did happen to a friend of mine who I went to a con with. Luckily, I had an arsenal of supplies packed.
When I suspect I'm going to get it, I usually pack: herbal tea (lavender and chamomile), Pamprin Extra Strength heart , baggy of sweet/salty snacks, pads (of course), and a Tide-to-go stain stick just in case. It's a lot, but I'm scrupulous in nature. 3nodding

Sepia Sunrise

Wily Flatterer

Z e b r a F e t u s

Wheezing Fatcat

6,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:03 pm
I get mine just about every time I go to AX. I must be lucky or something because I never get cramps or anything during, though. The only thing is that I get really moody. But it helps a ton that I don't have to take any medication. Just keep tampons & pads with me & i'm set.  
Convention Experiences & Running Panels/Conventions Info

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff