Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Searching for an active 3.5 campaign Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Seiryna

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:30 pm
aimike3
lol nice. im thinking about playing a wizard tho. the only reason im still playing 3.5 is the Hypertext manual. the moment WoTC lets people make hypertext versions of 4e, I'm upgrading! Either that or when I have enough $ for a rulebook. lol

going from 3.5 to 4th isn't upgrading <.<' it's more like down grading and playing a different game. XD D&D is slowly going from Role playing game to Roll Playing Game =x I've tried 4th and was like soo where is all the role playing feats O.o and stuff. and DM was like the what? and i'm like why is everything soo combat focused >.>' and he's like cause it's fun and people love combat...but that's JUST MY PERSONAL OPINION . Someone keeps trying to get me to play AD&D, but lol it seems way to restrictive for me, and not being able to read is bleh lol XD Hard Core Role Player XD sooo I'll stick to 3.5 =p  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:41 am
yeah. i've listened to a couple 4e D&D sessions on iTunes, and they are indeed very combat focused. Now if only someone could make a 3.75e, with the new races, classes, and features, while keeping the old ones. Until then, I'm sticking with the 3.5 hypertext manual.  

aimike3

Seiryna

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:33 pm
aimike3
yeah. i've listened to a couple 4e D&D sessions on iTunes, and they are indeed very combat focused. Now if only someone could make a 3.75e, with the new races, classes, and features, while keeping the old ones. Until then, I'm sticking with the 3.5 hypertext manual.

lol yeah that's one reason I like 3.5 more as well XD atm. I think its funny that changling and minotaur are viable playable races now -.-' /endsarcasim. I thought the DM gave me the wrong book when I saw that on the playable races in the basics...  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:13 pm
lol i guess anything with two legs and two arms goes now.  

aimike3

Seiryna

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:00 pm
yeah, but I'd love to see someone actually make a minotaur. I so wanna see that backstory. so your mom is what race? and your dad is a bull... that must be an interesting family reunion...then again <.< his story could be he is seeking revenge on the slaughter house that turned his father in to a hamburger. XD  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:41 pm
Changlings have always been playable. LA 0 and really fleshed out in Eberon.

Rock_DS

4,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100

aimike3

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:35 am
And, surprisingly enough, their favored class is rogue.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:15 pm
Never really got in to the preset worlds/settings of D&D, cept for a little bit of FR, just cause I like the deities in it lol.  

Seiryna

aimike3

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:51 am
Haha I see why Seiryna is so pessimistic about starting games on Gaia. Currently, I am outside a gate waiting for the gaurds to open the gate for the caravan so I can cast Invisibility, sneak in, and hopefully find the treasure vault. I can tell by the activity of the DM that he is planning a very epic TPK.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:54 pm
Hay if you die horably you did somthing stupid =3

Rock_DS

4,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:25 pm
Seiryna
aimike3
lol nice. im thinking about playing a wizard tho. the only reason im still playing 3.5 is the Hypertext manual. the moment WoTC lets people make hypertext versions of 4e, I'm upgrading! Either that or when I have enough $ for a rulebook. lol

going from 3.5 to 4th isn't upgrading <.<' it's more like down grading and playing a different game. XD D&D is slowly going from Role playing game to Roll Playing Game =x I've tried 4th and was like soo where is all the role playing feats O.o and stuff. and DM was like the what? and i'm like why is everything soo combat focused >.>' and he's like cause it's fun and people love combat...but that's JUST MY PERSONAL OPINION . Someone keeps trying to get me to play AD&D, but lol it seems way to restrictive for me, and not being able to read is bleh lol XD Hard Core Role Player XD sooo I'll stick to 3.5 =p
I wasn't aware one needed Feats to roleplay.

D&D has always been about combat and dicerolling your way out of EVERYTHING. 4E is just more streamlined, more simplified. Now you don't have 736 skills to determine whether or not you can jump or not, and feats are secondary but still helpful, as they should be. If you seriously can't roleplay whilst playing a 4E campaign, then you're not really getting the hang of P&P games. Plus, 4E made pure melee combatants actually good, which is great for everyone, since now they're a viable option. Hooray for Fighters actually being useful!  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:16 pm
Keith Valken Lionheart
Seiryna
aimike3

D&D has always been about combat and dicerolling your way out of EVERYTHING. 4E is just more streamlined, more simplified. Now you don't have 736 skills to determine whether or not you can jump or not, and feats are secondary but still helpful, as they should be. If you seriously can't roleplay whilst playing a 4E campaign, then you're not really getting the hang of P&P games. Plus, 4E made pure melee combatants actually good, which is great for everyone, since now they're a viable option. Hooray for Fighters actually being useful!

Jump is one check.

you should just do the D&D world a favor, and kill yourself for that statement. last time I checked. D&D was a ROLE PLAYING GAME. not a ROLL PLAYING GAME. I don't need the feats to role play. I like the feats that make the role playing better. just like the flaw system, I love it. Do I need it? no. do I love having it? yes. giving my char slight quirks and char. flaws just seems to flush them out a lot better. I've gained 8 levels in a game without ever engaging in combat. nor setting foot in a dungeon, or out of a town. there is also no skill, or feat I can think of that lets you just 'Roll your way out of everything' in any game I've played in, if you just said I'm rolling for X skill. *rolls an X* do I make it? the hand of god comes down and instantly kills your char. no saving throw allowed.
so no, D&D is not ALL about combat and dice rolling, cause god forbid, some of us actually like to Role Play in a Role Playing game.

also on a sidenote
"Haha I see why Seiryna is so pessimistic about starting games on Gaia. Currently, I am outside a gate waiting for the gaurds to open the gate for the caravan so I can cast Invisibility, sneak in, and hopefully find the treasure vault."

let me know how long that takes to resolve, and the outcome XD  

Seiryna

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:19 pm
Seiryna
Keith Valken Lionheart
Seiryna
aimike3

Jump is one check.

you should just do the D&D world a favor, and kill yourself for that statement. last time I checked. D&D was a ROLE PLAYING GAME. not a ROLL PLAYING GAME. I don't need the feats to role play. I like the feats that make the role playing better. just like the flaw system, I love it. Do I need it? no. do I love having it? yes. giving my char slight quirks and char. flaws just seems to flush them out a lot better. I've gained 8 levels in a game without ever engaging in combat. nor setting foot in a dungeon, or out of a town. there is also no skill, or feat I can think of that lets you just 'Roll your way out of everything' in any game I've played in, if you just said I'm rolling for X skill. *rolls an X* do I make it? the hand of god comes down and instantly kills your char. no saving throw allowed.
so no, D&D is not ALL about combat and dice rolling, cause god forbid, some of us actually like to Role Play in a Role Playing game.

also on a sidenote
"Haha I see why Seiryna is so pessimistic about starting games on Gaia. Currently, I am outside a gate waiting for the gaurds to open the gate for the caravan so I can cast Invisibility, sneak in, and hopefully find the treasure vault."

No, you can roleplay WITHOUT D&D, heck, Gaians do it ALL the time. D&D is a rulebook that allows you to know whether or not you hit an enemy, or did a skill in and out of combat. Most D&D stuff revolves combat. Heck, one whole chapter is ABOUT combat! The only thing that's non-combat oriented are some skills, but the idea of D&D is giving you a challenge by adding dice rolling to most things.

I love roleplaying. It's my ONLY reason for joining Gaia, but before D&D, Gygax made Chainmail, which were stats and rules for LARPers, which is as much RP as you can get. D&D came after that, because people wanted an alternative to not just autohitting anything. Check AD&D, almost all of the skills are combat oriented, and the roleplay is done by the players themselves, with barely any help from the book.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:06 pm
Keith Valken Lionheart
Seiryna
Keith Valken Lionheart
Seiryna
aimike3

Jump is one check.

also on a sidenote

No, you can roleplay WITHOUT D&D, heck, Gaians do it ALL the time. D&D is a rulebook that allows you to know whether or not you hit an enemy, or did a skill in and out of combat. Most D&D stuff revolves combat. Heck, one whole chapter is ABOUT combat! The only thing that's non-combat oriented are some skills, but the idea of D&D is giving you a challenge by adding dice rolling to most things.

I love roleplaying. It's my ONLY reason for joining Gaia, but before D&D, Gygax made Chainmail, which were stats and rules for LARPers, which is as much RP as you can get. D&D came after that, because people wanted an alternative to not just autohitting anything. Check AD&D, almost all of the skills are combat oriented, and the roleplay is done by the players themselves, with barely any help from the book.

I hate AD&D XD just for the "you can't read part" lol XD and I hate free form RPing, to much I auto hit, I god mode, I do this, I do that. I treat 3.5 as AD&D. I roleplay all my diplomacy/bluff checks, and yes sometimes one check will last over an hour real time. roleplay my slight of hand checks..etc..etc..
I play a fast talking, scheming, conniving, rogue whose main weapons are diplomacy and bluff.
and yeah there is one whole chapter about combat. but how many books/chapters are not just about combat?
how about the pages and pages of non combat spells?
Urban adventures? ever hear of them? maybe some people like the political aspect of a world. no where in any of your precious 'rule books' does it say D&D is only about rushing in to kill everything that stands XD
D&D is a story that takes place in a world. last time I checked a world is more then just a town with nothing more then a tavern and a dungeon outside of it. (Which is sadly the extant of most DMs thought capabilities seems to be now days....)
as a player I'm more interested in the world, and whats/going on in it, then just going from point A to point B killing everything in my way.
but that's just me and a very small group of other people. XD

Sidenote: but the idea of D&D is giving you a challenge by adding dice rolling to most things.
this is what makes the RPing so much more exciting, is the fatc you can't just say I do such and such, or I say such and such and the person believes me. even if I perfectly role play out a skill check like diplomacy. I could still roll a 1, and then what I just said has fallen on deaf ears. now I have to change my approach. do I try something else? or just give up?
also I don't hate you, or trying to say one way is better then the other. just kinda tired of people saying D&D has to be played ONE way. and if you're not saying that sorry, just seems like you are. XD  

Seiryna

aimike3

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:57 am
Seiryna
Keith Valken Lionheart
Seiryna
Keith Valken Lionheart
Seiryna
aimike3

Jump is one check.

also on a sidenote

I hate AD&D XD just for the "you can't read part" lol XD and I hate free form RPing, to much I auto hit, I god mode, I do this, I do that. I treat 3.5 as AD&D. I roleplay all my diplomacy/bluff checks, and yes sometimes one check will last over an hour real time. roleplay my slight of hand checks..etc..etc..
I play a fast talking, scheming, conniving, rogue whose main weapons are diplomacy and bluff.
and yeah there is one whole chapter about combat. but how many books/chapters are not just about combat?
how about the pages and pages of non combat spells?
Urban adventures? ever hear of them? maybe some people like the political aspect of a world. no where in any of your precious 'rule books' does it say D&D is only about rushing in to kill everything that stands XD
D&D is a story that takes place in a world. last time I checked a world is more then just a town with nothing more then a tavern and a dungeon outside of it. (Which is sadly the extant of most DMs thought capabilities seems to be now days....)
as a player I'm more interested in the world, and whats/going on in it, then just going from point A to point B killing everything in my way.
but that's just me and a very small group of other people. XD

Sidenote: but the idea of D&D is giving you a challenge by adding dice rolling to most things.
this is what makes the RPing so much more exciting, is the fatc you can't just say I do such and such, or I say such and such and the person believes me. even if I perfectly role play out a skill check like diplomacy. I could still roll a 1, and then what I just said has fallen on deaf ears. now I have to change my approach. do I try something else? or just give up?
also I don't hate you, or trying to say one way is better then the other. just kinda tired of people saying D&D has to be played ONE way. and if you're not saying that sorry, just seems like you are. XD

sad But I like beer! ROLL TO SEE IF I'M DRUNK!!  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff