Welcome to Gaia! ::

Circle of Nine

Back to Guilds

A tightly-wound RPing haven for the Guardians of the True Role-Play...the Circle of Nine! 

Tags: small, friendly, literate, awesome, pie=good 

Reply Role-Playing--Boneyard
A Dark New World (Now Open/ Still Accepting) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you new to this story?
  Yup, and I'm happy to be here!
  Yes, but I don't care.
  No, I joined during the second RP
  No, I've been here from the beginning
View Results

Ty Gwynnia
Crew

Beloved Dark Elf

10,750 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:07 am
((We must sacrifice them to the great undead. Well, your word choice reminds me of Silas's style, if he's not coaching you then. =P ))

"Good morning, meat bags." The zombies below the roof of the store groaned, trying to climb up the flat walls. However they soon stopped and resumed their wandering, finding no handholds to get up to the top. Therese finished the rest of her soda and chucked the plastic bottle at one of them, hoping for a response. There was none. "Hm, giving up I see?" She talked down at them, having nothing else better to do. It beat talking to herself, though she still was, technically. "You know, you're pretty boring for being zombies."

Eating sweets everyday ruined your teeth if you didn't brush. But, maybe that advice didn't hold for the man eating them. They were practically what he ate all the time. Church finished off the small cake and brushed his hands off in the air, not wanting to get any crumbs on his already crumpled clothes. He never felt the need to be sloppy like the other Malice soldiers, some of whom were in the same building as he was. Most were patients from the same hospital as him, and though he didn't know any of them personally, he still paid attention to their presence. He turned around in his chair, a comfortable computer one that swiveled nicely, and looked at the time from a clock on the wall. "Now I wonder what's in store for me today."

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:44 am
"Stay in the car!" Wally shouted. He gripped the handle of his truck's tire iron, and ventured out into the street with more than a bit of fear roiling the pit of his stomach. The heads of each and every member of the crowd turned in unison as Wally approached, his weapon held high. At this point, he suddenly noticed the military vehicles, crashed and parked alike all across the neighborhood. But that sight was less disturbing than the nearly literal rivers of blood flowing at the feet of the people in the middle of the road.
"What...happened here?" was all he could manage to say. The mob slowly began to grunt and growl in unison as it shuffled slowly toward him. Wally backed away slowly, and tripped over a vaguely human-shaped green and red blob on the ground. When he hit the pavement, he was met with an unrecognizably mutilated dead man's face. A scream escaped his throat, and in a panic he grabbed the pistol the dead man gripped. He emptied what was left of the magazine, and sprinted back to his girlfriend's car.
"Go! Drive!" The only words that seemed appropriate. He began to hyperventilate, the dead man's pistol clutched in his hand so hard that his knuckled were white.  

Silas Parrish
Captain

Dapper Genius

Chibi Kitsune Warrior
Vice Captain

Precious Treasure

12,300 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:40 am
Rei watched in horror as the crowd advanced on them. Her mind was numb with fear and Wally's words came in faintly, as if from a great distance. It took her a few seconds to react to his command. She threw the car into reverse and, slamming onto the gas, flew back down the driveway, frantically trying to keep control of the vehicle.
Right before they reached the road, several of the creatures broke away from the mob and rushed at them. Rei squeaked in terror as they hit the side of the car, their bloodied mouths open wide as they fought to reach their would-be victims. In a panic, she jerked the wheel and one of them disappeared under the car with a thump and a spray of blood. She made her way to the road, jumping the ditch, and slammed the car back into drive. The tires squealed as they made their escape.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:35 am
Troy searched around frantically for his phone as there was one thing he wanted to do before leaving his apartment. He wanted to call his family in Rockmart for he was ready for the zombie apocalypse, but he knew that his family was not ready for this chaotic world. He found his apartment phone and started calling them but he was meet with the line dead tone. He then tried his cell phone to call their cell phones but his phone said no network detected. With those communications out he went to his closet a got an old military radio that he bought from an army surplus store hoping that he would get somebody on this later.

He put on his backpack, holstered his pistols, sheathed his machete, and headed out of his apartment. Only to be meet with undead in the hall he then said, "This is going to be a long yet interesting day." As he started unloading on the zombies and made his way to the elevator, he pressed the button but it did not respond and he thought 'Great the power is out.' He then opened the elevator doors and looked down to see where the elevator was and saw that it was on the bottom floor. He then jumped toward the cables and started sliding down to the elevator. He opened the emergency hatch and dropped into the elevator then opened the doors only to be greeted with more zombies. Troy made his way to the entrance and went to the back where is was less populated with zombies.

He stood there trying to formulate a plan as he did not have many bullets for his rifle, and surly the highway was going to be blocked where he could not just roam around in a car. He decided to steal the bicycle he saw in the front so he went to where the bicycle was and shoot the lock off. He rose it up, got on, and started pedaling in the direction he knew where the gun store was.  

Mr_BlueCamo
Crew

Pastellfiskar
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:23 am
Grabbing a few things to throw into a day bag, Sven mentally tried to prepare for his journey out into the zombie wasteland for a couple new generators. After tossing some ammunition and snacks into his bag and thinking of the route he'd take, Sven closed and locked the doors to his make-shift home.

He pulled an old bent cigarette from his pocket, and stuck in it his lips. He didn't smoke, but he figured it would add to his 'who cares' attitude look if he happened upon any other survivors. Usually he was taken for a nerd since he had made his days working on government telecommunication systems. Mostly their cell phone and Internet infrastructures. After the 'incident' he decided he could finally lose the nerd title and be a little more bad-a**.

The only thing left to do now was to get out the iPod and set it on some killing music. It was loaded with almost a weeks worth of music, so playing DJ with different music each time was never hard. "Damn...only half a battery. Guess I need to make this quick."
With that he un-holstered his XD40 and made his way to the gates, blasting a few zombies in the head to clear it out as he got closer.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:26 pm
A cracking shot echoed in the morning quiet, red and gray haze flew up into the air as the bullet lodged itself in a zombie's brain. It crumpled to the ground immediately with barely a groan. Crack! Another zombie's head gained a hole. Thump! It fell next to it's companion. Therese drew two lines on the clean, concrete top next to a group of five, sitting on the raised edge of the roof.

She breathed a little shakily as she reloaded her Desert Eagle for another go. Having gotten the surviving part of the apocalypse done, she actively trained her accuracy with the pistol and had slowly become more and more accustomed to the gore that resulted in killing. Hopefully that was a good thing.

"I need to find a new hobby." Therese chuckled to herself, taking aim once again and pulling the trigger.

With the door to the broadcasting station's command center open, Church was able to hear footsteps echoing in the hallway easily. It wasn't long before another Malice soldier like himself appeared in the doorway. A Brute, he remembered the military having used them numerous times before his coma in battles. "Richard, how nice to see you again." Church said in his drawl, a lazy smile on his face. However, he was anything but lazy, as his sharp eyes told anyone who had any doubts. "And you're on time, too." Richard, the Brute, nodded as a greeting and leaned casually on the wall. "I came to tell you that we have the power running to those cams and speakers you wanted us to set up in the G-3 sector." Church glanced at the map taped on the wall, red squares having been drawn on to make a grid and each labeled a letter and a number. "Good, good, Nicely done, Richard."
"Hey, mind if I ask you a question?" Richard waited until Church nodded before he continued. "Why not just kill them all? Wouldn't it be easier?"
Church laughed at that, sitting back in his chair. "It's a mixture of boredom and curiosity, and maybe a bit of research. I have something they want, so long as they cooperate. And live."  

Ty Gwynnia
Crew

Beloved Dark Elf

10,750 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Battle Hardened 150

Silas Parrish
Captain

Dapper Genius

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:07 pm
The couple sat in silence for an eternity, watching safely from atop a parking garage inside Rei's car as the mobs of undead crawled and shuffled across the landscape below.
"What're we going to do?" Wally finally asked in a hopeless whisper. They had been gone for a month. Only a month. The last thing Wally had heard before leaving for his working project in Savannah was that the Green Flu was nothing to be alarmed about. It was supposed to be a baseless panic that swept the nation, and the experts had insisted that the storm would blow over without significant change to the structure of Wally and Rei's lives. As Wally listened to looping broadcasts on every station, he realized that the experts were wrong. The infection had progressed, and swallowed nearly the whole of humanity around Northwestern Georgia while the couple were gone. Somehow, they had missed hearing about it on the way back. Savannah was still clean when they left it for home. After another seemingly eternal silence, Wally finally changed the station, and was shocked to find music playing on the radio, rather than grim broadcasts regarding the sudden apocalypse. The song finished, and Wally was stunned to hear a man's voice. A dark smile crossed his face as the broadcast finished in its entirety and replayed from the beginning. The man was in Rome. They might find a friend and ally to help them make sense of it all after less than an hour's drive.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:12 am
Troy was pedaling through downtown with some hard time avoiding the undead but he finally arrived at the town's gun store. He parked his bike then pulled out his pistol and shot a few zombies that were in front of the shop. He was about to enter when he heard a loud roar, he looked around and saw a tank coming after him. "Holy crap! There is even these big ol things running around!" Troy shouted as he pulled out his rifle and started shooting. The bullets were hitting but had little effect on the tank as he crossed the street then flung a car at Troy. Troy managed to do a dodge roll he then took careful aim for the tank's head then shoot and to his surprise he hit his mark as the tank went down. Relieved he then went into the store and took out the zombies that were inside then started his shopping.  

Mr_BlueCamo
Crew

Silas Parrish
Captain

Dapper Genius

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:30 am
((Troy, we have to keep something in cosideration, here. This is the beginning of the apocalypse, so nobody knows what the special infected are. Your best bet is to describe them as they appear and then give them their names later when we all meet up. 'kay?))  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:33 am
Silas Parrish
((Troy, we have to keep something in cosideration, here. This is the beginning of the apocalypse, so nobody knows what the special infected are. Your best bet is to describe them as they appear and then give them their names later when we all meet up. 'kay?))

((well i was naming them fro the people reading but iam not letting my character say "omg theres a tank" like he knows what it is))  

Mr_BlueCamo
Crew

Chibi Kitsune Warrior
Vice Captain

Precious Treasure

12,300 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:56 am
"How could something like this happen?" Rei muttered in disbelief as they sped down the road toward Rome. All along the road were signs of the chaos that had spread when the virus began. Cars were overturned on side of the road, bodies were torn apart and spread across the asphalt. A queasy feeling in her stomach forced her to divert her attention as best she could. She glanced at Wally, eyes coming to rest on the pistol still clutched in his hand. "Maybe we should find more weapons." she suggested, tightening her grip on the wheel. "I have a feeling we'll be needing them."

The car rolled to a stop in front of a pawn shop. Rei warily got out of the car, searching for signs of movement. Just outside the door were a couple of unrecognizable piles of flesh and blood. The glass doors were shattered and a couple guns were scattered around the sidewalk. Rei felt her stomach begin to churn again as she inched her way around the mutilated corpses, glass crunching under her feet as she stepped through the door.
Across the room in a broken display case were the items she was looking for. "Yes!" she exclaimed as she ran over to the case and began making her selections.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:42 pm
After a semi-quiet trek to the large home improvement warehouse a few blocks up the road, Sven made quick time of snagging a couple generators. Sitting them on a flat lumber cart was the best bet for moving the two heavy machines. "Man...I remember riding on the lumber carts as a kid. This sucks..."

As he made his way to the busted exit doors he saw his new easy escape route. Just across the parking lot was a police car that was sure to be helpful in several ways. After checking and clearing the immediate area for anything wanting to eat him, he sprinted across the parking lot and pulled on the door handle of the patrol car. "Damn...they couldn't just leave it unlocked for me..." Looking around for anything useful for tossing through a window, he had had an idea. Reaching across the car and unscrewing the radio antenna from the fender, he made easy work of the window after swinging the tip against the window a few times until it broke. Reaching inside and pulling open the door, he knew he had hit the jackpot here. Not only was this car going to provide a nice distraction for his escape, but there right in the passenger seat was a nice black on black sniper rifle. Finding ammunition would be easy after he made it out of here.

Looking around the car a bit he got lucky that the keys were laying in the passenger side floor. Sticking the key in the ignition and starting the car right up was a nice feeling. Reaching across and grabbing the passenger seat belt, he pulled it all the way out and tied it to the steering wheel. After doing the same with the driver's side, the steering wheel was unable to turn. Now all that was left to do was to hit the lights and siren, jam the accelerator, and wait for the hoard to chase the loud sound and give him a clear path home.

After jamming a nearby rock onto the gas pedal, hitting the siren, and pulling it into gear, he jumped from the car and watched as it sped off. Right down the road and into a ravine. After a short sprint back to his generators, it was just a short wait and then he was home free. "Alright...let's get back and talk to my radio listeners." A slight chuckle and he started his short walk back to his little camp with a couple new generators and a new rifle.  

Pastellfiskar
Crew

Pastellfiskar
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:44 pm
((Oh yeah, and I think someone is taunting me now. 9 votes in the poll?! A few more people need to be joining in here soon or everyone that's not in it now is getting a ride on the pain train.))  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:31 pm
Wally pushed aside the disturbingly bloodied bits of glass in the case, sifting until he found a box of ammunition. He gingerly lifted it from the broken locking case, and was pleased to see that it was the right cartridge for the gun he'd taken from the Marine. Still quite disturbed, but resolved, Wally led his young love back to the car, and stopped dead in his tracks to see a dark figure between them and the open car door. It was one of the undead, wandering towards the noisy car. Disgustingly thick blackish blood spilled from its mouth and several open wounds across its body to stain the car's body and seat. The beast turned with a grunt as Wally cocked the reloaded pistol. It began to shuffle toward him, so he pulled the trigger. A wet thump filled his ears, and he cursed aloud.
"What if the infection is in the blood? We can't get back into the car, now!"
Wally kicked at a chunk of pavement in frustration, but smiled when he saw that the pawn shop was across the street from a trucker's rest stop. He nudged Rei's elbow, and raised his weapon to shoulder level. Several zombies were shambling toward them from each direction, moaning their horrible moan.  

Silas Parrish
Captain

Dapper Genius

Ty Gwynnia
Crew

Beloved Dark Elf

10,750 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:20 pm
((Welp, I'm bored. Time for some bad guy interaction soon.))

When the second pen she was using to keep track of her head shot count ran dry, Therese stood and up stretched stiffly. Oddly enough, killing zombies became tedious after a while. Especially when you were the only one making it a competition. She clicked her pistol's safety on and tucked it in her pocket, walking over to the open air vent she used to get up to the roof in the first place.

The shelves of the store actually made an excellent staircase when cleared off. Therese used them as a ladder and landed with a quiet thump on the tile before making her way through the darkened store. The lights were only turned on at night, mainly because she believed that the power plant producing the electricity in the area wouldn't last forever. Who was running the place, anyway?

While she was checking a bag she'd filled with emergency supplies, dried food, bottled water and ammunition, she came to realize something. Holding out in one of the best places was deathly boring when nobody else was there with her. "Ah," she sighed, looking around the empty store fondly. "I'm going to miss you DG. I always said I'd be able to live in one of these places, but it's not as fun as I thought." She stared at the floor for a while before sighing again. Then she stood up and and retrieved her other weapons, a sturdy stick and a shotgun, before she returned to the bag. Within a few minutes, she was slipping out the back entrance of the store, throwing a defrosted meat leg far from her as zombie bait.

"I do have to thank you for all your hard work, though." Church put out, standing up to make his way to the wall opposite of the one with the maps. Placed in black plastic shelves were multiple TV's, all on and buzzing with images. With what he had in mind, Church had, in the short amount of time from recovering from his comatose state, established a visual domain from the station he was in. A click of a button, and he could survey portions of cities.

"Without all you kind Malices, this would not have been possible." He turned to face Richard, but found that the Brute had already excused himself. Church shrugged, unconcerned, and glanced over at the newest screen, flipping through the camera views. The beginnings of a faint plan began to form in his mind as he witnessed different people surviving the harsh expanse of the cities teeming with undead. He stopped on one with the image of a man pushing a strange contraption, the sound of a distant siren wailing. "Well, well, well." Church smiled to himself. "Let's see how this gentleman holds up."

Role-Playing--Boneyard

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff