Welcome to Gaia! ::

TinierMe

Back to Guilds

A place to meet Gaians who share a love and interest in the web-community, TinierMe ! 

Tags: TinierMe, Selfy, GCrest, Kokoro, Gacha 

Reply TinierMe T r a d i n g - A Market
Trading Frustrations Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

bibortetu

4,750 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:14 am
Yeah, there are many Indonesian/Filipino. I found it creepy. I won't mind foreign members since I am also not from USA/UK. Gaia people are more mixed up, there are no nationality what sticks out.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:30 am
Yea, I like gaia a lot for it's diversity. I adore foreign, but I don't like it when they start making exceptions...like a lot of the filipinos do over at TM . ^.
Not all, but I dislike it when someone comes up to me, asks if I speak tagalog, but then when I say no, they leave without a word.

._. it's like, fine...don't talk to me then...i'm still cool ; ^\

Pxlated
Captain

Aged Fairy

12,950 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Battle: Level Up 200

-Elie-
Crew

Sparkly Bunny

22,175 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:15 pm
gah i wrote a long reply/rant and then got logged out. lost it @________@;;

basically i was agreeing with what most people say... especially about the AX items.

tho i don't find it unusual that there are a lot of filipinos. cuz TM might have special arrangements and promotions there. this other game i used to play on did the same thing, and they sold cash cards only at this one country. plus it'd be easier for them to go there and promote things.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:17 pm
Last reply was on July... hope I'm not necroing or anything.. ^^;;

What annoys me a lot about trading is when people just mm you and go. Hey, I want [this item in your tradelist].

Okay... and so? It's like they kinda expect me to go over their profile pages and browse through their trading portal.. (some don't even have a trading link, wasting my time looking through their profile and diary entries for the damn URL)...

I do end up going there and looking for it myself but sometimes I just tend to ignore MMs like these. -_-; I mean... they were the ones who are interested in my item... they should be giving me their offer on what they think it's worth, right? sweatdrop

I do still want some of the AX items but well, knowing it might be near impossible to acquire them I just let them collect dust in my want list. sweatdrop But you're right, I remember when there were people who were RAGE "I'm quitting because I can't attend the EXPO It's UNFAAAIR.." =w=; basically they were creating tantrums just because they couldn't get every single item that could be acquired in TM. Some were even bitching about the Top 20 users who won the bubble gum and the animated fish thing. They wanted it taken out.

Another is.. if I don't plan on trading an item away.. ever? I don't put it in my trading page. I just find that it's easier to avoid those things that way... ^^; Instead I organize them by folders in my inventory??

Some people.. okay, majority of people... don't effing read the rules that are laid out on the profile description of the trading portal... they just search whoever has this item and blindly or desperately offer/beg for it.  

Iseru Dryves

5,150 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Citizen 200

Pxlated
Captain

Aged Fairy

12,950 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:45 pm
. ^. Poor Elie. Sorry you lost your rant.

This guild ain't busy enough yet for necro-ing really D:

I get you on that though =/
It bugs me too when people just MM me about wanting to trade for whatever item.
Also dislike the ones that ask me "can you trade me your ___?"
To me it's like, how am I supposed to respond to that when (you look poor), you haven't offered me anything that might have me consider if I might trade it with you or not.

All the items on my list are for trade though. I recently removed that statement, cause i just gave up on it with people persisting to ask me if whatever item was for trade. Now I kind of just judge from what I see and make things quicker by saying no when I know a trade just isn't gonna happen with this person.

o Ao Oh well. I never complain anywhere else except here. except this one time, when a girl pulled the "can you trade me your __" phrase. I was really sleepy and cranky . ^.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:21 pm
Ah, I see.. o 3 o That's alright though. Just relieved I'm not breaking some rule or something~ ^^; I got warned in another guild because I replied to something that was 2 months old (even if it was on the first page) so I'm a little cautious.. sweatdrop

But yeah... it takes two to tango. You offer, I offer, we compromise and meet in the middle, right? Isn't that how a trade usually goes? Wonder why some people don't get that.. sometimes it's even the other way around. "Hey, I have [item you want], what are you offering for it?" -3-; And.. when I check their trading list.. I don't have anything they want... so whyy... Dx

This last one isn't a trading rant but... every time I see someone going [W] Red Balls. It's... uh... am I the only one who finds it a little disturbing? redface

Sorry, head in gutter. I just woke up to check on The Trading Post.  

Iseru Dryves

5,150 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Citizen 200

taekjoon

Hallowed Warlord

18,475 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:09 am
User Image
================ ☠ ================

Didn't someone said, you could just blacklist those people xD ?
I'm stuck trying to find a button where I can edit my trading page .D.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:05 pm
Takiies
User Image

Didn't someone said, you could just blacklist those people xD ?
I'm stuck trying to find a button where I can edit my trading page .D.

o Ao You mean that button so you can add or remove items from your lists, or the button to edit how your trading page profile looks?

While you are logged in, click on the following:
for editing items

for editing your profile

Pxlated
Captain

Aged Fairy

12,950 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250

Iseru Dryves

5,150 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:32 pm
Veiss Wynd
Y I don't like it when they start making exceptions...like a lot of the filipinos do over at TM . ^.
Not all, but I dislike it when someone comes up to me, asks if I speak tagalog, but then when I say no, they leave without a word.

._. it's like, fine...don't talk to me then...i'm still cool ; ^

Not that it's a crime to speak their own language amongst their people but yeah, it does get a little annoying when I don't understand what they're saying... it alienates some users who don't speak the language. Especially when I'm stuck in a Sevens or Old Maids game and I'm the only one who doesn't know what they're all talking about. -_-;  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:29 am
Oh it doesn't bother me when they want to speak their language - although I do believe in speaking purely English in public for a certain decency that I would prefer as my preference.
But I don't like it when some people make exceptions =(

Pxlated
Captain

Aged Fairy

12,950 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250

bibortetu

4,750 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:28 am
I try to use mostly English in public. Only when other from my nation around have problems with use it. Usually they know less English than me. Hard to get in deep conversation in foreign language. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:08 pm
I will vent here once again. All there is to say is this MM conversation - unedited, just copied and pasted:

Her: check my list for ur bubblegum kitty

Me: no thanks

Her: plz its cc animated

Me: it's a cc animated that's worth multiple 2009 GC animated.

Her: well is there any i have

Me: =/ your whole inventory wouldn't cover for it.

Her: WTF MAN I HAVE GC ANIMATED and u dont want any of it neutral

Me: I saw them - but sorry to say, those aren't worth the bubble gum, even put together, they're still leagues away from it.

Her: U LITTLE LYER

Me: ...and this is all you have to say? You have no idea what I've been offered for my bubblegum, and I have no reason to lie.
At this point, I'll be harsher in my honesty: your inventory is mediocre. When you want to offer someone something for an item they own that is super/ultra rare, you offer them as many old and rare items from their want list as you can. There are only 20 of these bubblegums on all of tinierme, and so far only about 2 of the people who earned them have traded theirs - by auction only because it's that god damn rare - people freely offer their white angel wings, black demon wings and enchanted lanterns just for them. The reality is, all the people who want this item are probably just never going to get them because so far, all of the owners would rather hold onto them - what's better: multiple items (maybe some that aren't really wanted) to keep stashed in the closet that you could probably ask for in the forums and get in a matter of a few days of trying, or that one really much nicer impossible to get rare one that you'll never be able to have if you ever decide to trade away? I'll never care to trade it away for anything like the items in your inventory. I would only accept items that are almost equally as hard to get.

Her: it took me WEEKS AND MOUNTHS TO GET MY ANIMATEDS

Me: yup - but that doesn't mean people are going to trade you their items (such as the bubblegum or anything on a similar level of rareness) for them. That's just how it goes. The time you spend isn't what wins a trade. It's the items you have to offer.

---

Some clueless 13 year old after my bubblegum kitty. Just doesn't take well to "no" i guess...
And yea, her tradelist was just a typical mediocre one. The only GC animated I noticed were those Festive Kitties, Brown Restless Ferret and the Shoot Em Up background thing.

Pxlated
Captain

Aged Fairy

12,950 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250

taekjoon

Hallowed Warlord

18,475 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:28 am
Veiss Wynd

o Ao You mean that button so you can add or remove items from your lists, or the button to edit how your trading page profile looks?

While you are logged in, click on the following:
for editing items

for editing your profile
User Image

ah yes, thanks a lot :3
Found it after I saw your sticky X3
and WTH at your story. I've already heard about how rare that bubble is and of course your answer would to be expected if someone were to try and offer a trade for it.

btw I got my first trade yesterday. Some guy wanted to trade my Happy Grin [Grey] for Special DJ-HEAVYGRINDER Headphones or Ice Pop (Blue). I'm kinda happy to get those eyes since it took me 11 tries. Now I'm wondering if I should
a) try to get another pair and see if the guy would trade both items for the face
b) still try for another pair and wait till the value raises
c) or leave it be because I might never get another pair :/

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:00 am
Takiies
User Image

ah yes, thanks a lot :3
Found it after I saw your sticky X3
and WTH at your story. I've already heard about how rare that bubble is and of course your answer would to be expected if someone were to try and offer a trade for it.

btw I got my first trade yesterday. Some guy wanted to trade my Happy Grin [Grey] for Special DJ-HEAVYGRINDER Headphones or Ice Pop (Blue). I'm kinda happy to get those eyes since it took me 11 tries. Now I'm wondering if I should
a) try to get another pair and see if the guy would trade both items for the face
b) still try for another pair and wait till the value raises
c) or leave it be because I might never get another pair :/

Dude! he's ripping you off! Speacial Heavey Grinder phones - the animated ones are worth SH*T, as well as the ice pop blue. The face you got - EVERYONE is after it and people are paying high-end animated items for them.
The headphones - Like almost everybody got them (and multiples of them)
And the ice pop is just a cheesy (though kinda nice) CC item from a gacha that started as not-so-long-ago as May.

I can't emphasize how badly he's ripping you off, except for you to refer to this chart I made:
L I N K

Ice Pop is in between the "Junk" and "unpopular" category
DJ HEAVYGRINDER Headphones is in the "Typical CC Animated" Category.
...and your Happy Grin Grey are in the "Superb" category.

You don't have to read the whole thing I posted in that link. Just read up the descriptions I wrote to describe those categories I mentioned so you understand the level of values you're dealing with.

Pxlated
Captain

Aged Fairy

12,950 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250

taekjoon

Hallowed Warlord

18,475 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:24 am
FFFFFFFFFFF- NO WAY D8 !!!!
I wasn't sure about the headphones' value because the trading site only describes it as an event item so I thought it's just like the other event items where only a limited amount of people have them. I noticed that the ice pop is a CC item that's why I would have never traded it for the eyes owo but the phones really confused me there..
I wasn't aware of the fact that there are so many categories... I thought it would be quite easier like Event/CC/CG gonk

Thanks a lot for the warning, Veiss D;
I didn't replied to him because I was unsure and still trying to get a double pair. I also took them of my list in case another weird offer comes.
I should take the time now to read through the stickies and get familiar with everything. My heart skipped a beat after reading this DX .

TinierMe T r a d i n g - A Market

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff