Welcome to Gaia! ::

Circle of Nine

Back to Guilds

A tightly-wound RPing haven for the Guardians of the True Role-Play...the Circle of Nine! 

Tags: small, friendly, literate, awesome, pie=good 

Reply Role-Playing--Boneyard
The War for Estra ((Open/Acc)) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 27 28 29 30 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Good idear?
  Yah
  Nue
  ...Lolwut?
View Results

Silas Parrish
Captain

Dapper Genius

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:39 pm
Der Reisende sighed, as he watched the last portal of the area close. At first, he though somehow that he had caused the disturbance. After further concentration on the ripples of space-time, he realized that something far more powerful had done it. Unfortunately for Reis, this force had dragged him into this world. This was a first for him. Normally, he never visited a planet unwittingly; his locket gave him power to travel as he pleased. He was frustrated to find that the locket's power had been sealed. Just as well. Something brought him to this world. Whatever it was could send him back. It was a new world to him, so he thought he'd explore a bit. As he waded through the confused masses of people of all sorts, he was stricken by a strange ripple of mystical energy. He probed it, and discovered that a human-like being was at the epicenter. Reis realized that he had some sort of connection with this person. He followed the traces of energy, seeking out their source.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:08 am
Strider awoke with a start and hopped up. He looked around and breathed in and sighed. Then he smiled. There was an extreme concentration of magic in this place. Where ever this place was. He felt around for someone, anyone, that would be able to tell him where he was. He looked back just as a portal closed and decided that's what brought him here in his sleep. "Hmmm, very interesting." He felt around and found one person near. He headed in the direction of this person.  

Strider Wolfheart
Crew

Beloved Seeker

6,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200

Mr_BlueCamo
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:39 pm
Chron was practicing his Force push ability to make it even better on one of the outlook platforms at the Jedi Temple, when something happened that will twist his fate. As he was practicing without warning a mysterious portal opened up, and sucked him into it. Soon after being sucked in Chron was out of the portal but he quickly noticed that he was not at the Jedi Temple anymore. He strolled into a Kingdom town, and went around asking where he was then he soon found out that he was currently in Kingdom territory on Estra. Not knowing what to do he went off to the forest outskirts of the town, and meditated to see if the Force would enlighten him on what he should do.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:58 pm
King Bariel glanced up for a second, noticing someone by the door. It was the lead commander of the town's guards. He'd been so busy thinking that he hadn't even heard him come in. Then he remembered he'd asked a question. "Oh, er, of course." The commander left, looking relieved, and the king kept his confusion to himself. Shaking his head, he spoke to the one in the corner. "What do you think that was for?"

Reign shrugged and got up to look at the maps spread out. They were of the land in this world, called Estra. And they were fairly unfamiliar to him, since he wasn't from it. But he'd heard from every person he spoke to, after he explained where he was from, that it was probably some dizty mage messing around with magic that brought him here. He was still learning about this place. "I don't know. Protection maybe?"  

Ty Gwynnia
Crew

Beloved Dark Elf

10,750 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Battle Hardened 150

Silas Parrish
Captain

Dapper Genius

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:13 pm
Reis continued to trudge amid the many, many tongues shouting in confusion at one another. He ignored them, and continued to probe the fields of magic in search of the one connected to him. He felt this sort of bond before, during his travels. It was quite similar to the feeling Reis got when he happened upon one world's version of himself. William Cruxely, in a very strange way, was Der Reisende. But Reis sensed something different about this one. Perhaps one of him met one of me, at some point? Could that be the connection?  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:17 pm
Strider kept going until he found several people from several different era's and planets. He guessed only he was pulled through because no one else was around or something. He felt someone coming closer, someone that was ancient. He probed through the people and found the person. It was a man. Strider began to walk towards this man.  

Strider Wolfheart
Crew

Beloved Seeker

6,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200

Silas Parrish
Captain

Dapper Genius

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:25 pm
Reis finally got a lock on the person he had sensed. As he approached the very epicenter of the magical vertigo he had experienced, Reis was greeted by the sight of a man clothed in red. At that distance, he was able to get a much clearer read on the man. Strider....
"Your name is Strider," Reis finally said after a moment of silence.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:35 pm
"What's this place?" Reign asked after a few moments of scanning the drawings, putting a finger on it.

"This? An outpost." King Bariel replied. "It's been there for a good century or two, when demons attacked more often." He sat down heavily in a chair, rustling through the large piles of reports from scouts. "It was less peaceful then, though now hardly is either."

Reign nodded and walked over to the window, resting his arms on the sill. Eli took off from the chair and landed next to him, head twitching every other way. Even the town below was different. Clean and orderly, compared to the dusty and sun baked buildings he was used to on The Terra. The falcon next to him took off, deciding to watch the ground below from the sky.  

Ty Gwynnia
Crew

Beloved Dark Elf

10,750 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Battle Hardened 150

Strider Wolfheart
Crew

Beloved Seeker

6,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:04 pm
Strider raised an eyebrow at the man. "You know me? Have we met before?"  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:11 pm
"In...a manner of speaking. Not in this world, or in these forms. You see, for every world that exists, there is a duplicate set of spirits. You and I exist on every single one of them, as different people. But the likelihood of two people meeting on more than one or two worlds is quite uncommon. Nevertheless...another me has encountered another you, at least once." Reis gave his commonly used smile of knowing. When one has traveled as much as Der Reisende had, then things tend to lose their shock value. Certainly, it was a coincidence of astronomical proportions that brought Reis to Strider, but he was more amused than amazed.  

Silas Parrish
Captain

Dapper Genius

Strider Wolfheart
Crew

Beloved Seeker

6,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:11 pm
Strider understood then. "That must be why I was drawn to your presence above all of these others. Though that would mean something extremely catastrophic has happened to the fabric of time." Strider looked around using his shades to map out the ley lines of the planet. "If you know my name then you must know what I am correct?" It appeared there was a barrier around the planet as if it was sealed off from the regular flow of time.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:22 pm
"No..." Reis said offhandedly as he surveyed yet another new landscape. ((I'm gonna say that Der Reisende visited this world before he went to the one in WDW.)) But by reading into the ripples and waves that shine the brightest around you, I can get a feel for who you might be in other worlds. I've met several of me, before. It's...strange. Like, not even magic feels this way. It indescribable, beyond that. I just...know some things. You have been called Strider in more worlds than this one, I'm sure. It was only the name that I was able to pick up on. Perhaps if you could...open your channels, so to speak? The duplicate spirits are all connected to all of their brethren...maybe I can look a little deeper, using you as a lens. Than perhaps I can use what I've learned to figure out what our purpose is, here." Reis unsheathed the Chimera Blade, his signature weapon, and stabbed it into the ground, equidistant from him and Strider. Luckily, this world was absolutely rich with magical energy. Der Reisende was able to easily gather up and borrow a fair amount of it, to use for his little experiment.  

Silas Parrish
Captain

Dapper Genius

Strider Wolfheart
Crew

Beloved Seeker

6,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:34 pm
Strider looked at Reis's blade. "Hmmm, interesting blade. I have a staff much like it. Though I believe my staff is more powerful." Strider sat on the ground and got into a meditative position. "Now, allow me to gather myself." Strider focused on all that he was. A bright purple light was flowing out of him as he drew all of his conciousness to this point of time. "Okay. You should be able to see now."
((Edit by Silas: "Der" just means "the." His name is "the traveler," but i thought the German sounded much cooler than the English title. Anyways...carry on, as you were!))  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:39 pm
((It's like watching a play. 'Kay, the one in WDW doesn't have a name anyway right now. =D ))

"Where are you from, anyway? If you don't mind me asking." The king asked, curious. He hadn't asked any questions, personal or not, about the man. As far as he knew, he'd somehow found himself on Estra.

Reign kept his eyes on the falcon. "A place called The Terra. More like a wasteland than anything else." He closed his eyes as he imagined it in his head. The hot sun, the dry ground, even the mercenaries. "This place is nice, with the trees and grass. And this...ma-gick?"

King Bariel nodded. "Yes, magic. You don't have any on your world?" He watched as Reign gave a shrug. "Maybe that's why I've never heard of it. Sorcerers and mages like to go places where they can use their spells. But some just take along a way to get back here, if there's no magic at all."  

Ty Gwynnia
Crew

Beloved Dark Elf

10,750 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Battle Hardened 150

Silas Parrish
Captain

Dapper Genius

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:45 pm
((Watching a play? Whaddya mean?))