Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
A Shot in the Dark [4E] - Recruitment 7/6 ---FULL--- Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:29 pm
@ Tiefling Shaman concept: Summoning a spirit companion from the depths of hell isn't QUITE like demon summoning... right? sweatdrop

... right?  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:46 pm
joe-dude667
My first ever 4E character was a half-elf fighter! mrgreen His name was Daehyr and was a hell of a lot of fun to play. He had 8 int and was incredibly naive and foolish.

Best Quote:
Farmers Wife: You saved me! Thank you!
Daehyr: Don't mention it my fair steed!
Farmers Wife: ... Did you just call me a horse...?
Daehyr: No. I called you a steed.

Daehyr = Epic Lolz!

Hell yes I'm in, thanks for reserving me a space Joe, noble steed! I have no idea what I will play yet, but will give it thought over the next 24 hours and come back with it soon! smile  

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:50 pm
'Twas thinking of playing a Pally, but if Merc plays a Pally, I might roll Cleric or maybe even...Sorcerer. Up to her, though. CHOOSE WISELY, MORTAL.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:52 pm
Rain Yupa
@ Tiefling Shaman concept: Summoning a spirit companion from the depths of hell isn't QUITE like demon summoning... right? sweatdrop

... right?
Right ... i guess  

Felix Jude Virgo

Saccharine Venom

Sugary Giver

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:05 pm
Keith Valken Lionheart
'Twas thinking of playing a Pally, but if Merc plays a Pally, I might roll Cleric or maybe even...Sorcerer. Up to her, though. CHOOSE WISELY, MORTAL.
Go ahead and roll a Pally. After much debate, decided to go for a control heavy Dagger Rogue.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:22 pm
Mercenary of Chaos
Keith Valken Lionheart
Go ahead and roll a Pally. After much debate, decided to go for a control heavy Dagger Rogue.
Yes ma'am, will do.  

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:22 pm
Definitely interested.

Will come back in a few hours or something once I've had some time to take care of some irl stuff, to read the rest and brainstorm up a few types of things I might want to try.

Think I'm making either a changeling or warforged. I like those races a lot and don't get a chance to use them normally.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:32 pm
I win!

One Urban Shaman 4 u (because wilderness characters in an isolated city made no sense ^-^ )

Khnurn Badru Chenzira, Tiefling Shaman.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:20 pm
I'm tempted, largely because my PHB3 is getting lonely without any use. Will have to think on what to play though.

What, you still have room, right?  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:43 pm
are we allowed to use dragon 366 backgrounds, as well as those provided from eberron?  

Felix Jude Virgo

Saccharine Venom

Sugary Giver

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:57 pm
Looks like it is time to pull an old Drow, role playing chatacter of Merc's out of retirement. He'll need a few tweaks, but this will be fun.

Taem Ver`si, the Drow Artful Dodger Rogue will be up tomorrow. Merc needs to buy the FRPG and MP2, in the mornin'. Too lazy to walk to work again today.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:04 pm
I forgot all about the whole bonuses from backgrounds thing. I'm planning to write my own up. I guess I could either pick what it resembles or just cook up something related to it to get a boost though.

And it sounds as thought I should be looking up either ranged striker or controller in regards to balance.

On the other hand, if I think up something more fun than that, who cares about balance? XD  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:18 pm
Psychofish
I forgot all about the whole bonuses from backgrounds thing. I'm planning to write my own up. I guess I could either pick what it resembles or just cook up something related to it to get a boost though.

And it sounds as thought I should be looking up either ranged striker or controller in regards to balance.

On the other hand, if I think up something more fun than that, who cares about balance? XD

I try to avoid using backgrounds for a mechanical benefit (the kind in PHB2, not DM rewards for them). I used one this time to make a concept work, when it would have been hard to justify otherwise. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:42 pm
This sounds interesting. I've got an idea for a Warforged Ranger - a member of the city guard.

Got him - Rook  

Mackie the Knife

6,500 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Friendly 100

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:34 am
I'm gonna go for a tiefling psion, so there's your controller  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]