Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
"You know, Christina, you could be pretty if you just TRIED. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Wee 'bit shallow?
  'Course not!
  Mmhm, guuuuurrl..
View Results

angelfromdown-under

Romantic Whisperer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:17 am
Szen
It kind of sucks that girls are expected to do things like wear heels and make-up, and shave. If I were a girl, I'd not give a damn either. XD

I totally havent shaved my legs in like almost 2 months.....

But its winter so i get away with it xD

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:28 am
I'm not much of a make-up person. Occasionally that pays off though; I was hiking/camping with a bunch of people, and the girls who normally won't be seen without make-up looked awful when they got out of their tents in the mornings, whereas I looked completely fresh. xD  

Chewzy

Herr Sinne

Beloved Regular

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:28 am
Szen
It kind of sucks that girls are expected to do things like wear heels and make-up, and shave. If I were a girl, I'd not give a damn either. XD

I was hoping that if I ever met you in real life then we'd go drag. ;3;  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:14 am
Chewzy
I'm not much of a make-up person. Occasionally that pays off though; I was hiking/camping with a bunch of people, and the girls who normally won't be seen without make-up looked awful when they got out of their tents in the mornings, whereas I looked completely fresh. xD
~*~

This, or at least the jist of it.

It's always both funny and pitiful when girls get super dependent on make-up.

Also I've seen a few responses that made me go, "YES. EXACTLY."

I save make-up for certain occasions, because then it's like whipping out a whole new level of DAAAMMMNNN to add to what I have any other day.

Angel, I never shave during winter. I'M LIKE A BEAR.

Random-sounding post is random-sounding.

~*~

Den Dristige Djevelen

Szen
Vice Captain

6,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:54 am
Stream Line Ego
Szen

I was hoping that if I ever met you in real life then we'd go drag. ;3;
Well, you know... special occasions. XD

Edit:
Angel: I gave it up a while ago myself. lol
Not my face though. D:

And there's nothing wrong with liking it either. If it makes you happy, that's awesome. It's more being expected to do it that would be annoying. XD  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:30 pm
@Pain: Actually, it was when this particular slut was complaining about Lady GaGa having no talent and being way too famous for the public (or HER, rather) to stand.

And even if I could afford contacts, they're no FUN.

@comfy: It's totally fun.
Especially when every month you and yours friends have some sort of a 80's, skating, girl's night.

@ghetto: SAME HERE.

@Renard: GOOD ANSWER.

@sexiful: HA! That's where I had to learn! Theatre!
I was a junior and we had One Acts in the winter and everyone was putting on make up before the show- my goal was to do my own, like most people were doing. But I just sat there in front of the mirror and finally spun around to ask,
"Do I put mascara on my bottom lashes? I mean, am I supposed to do that?"

Girls started to flip like I just said I had seven vaginas,
and the guys started laughing like I said...
Well, that I had seven vagainas or something.

@Szen: Super sad for us, indeed. Curse you, media!
Then again, I think all girls can testify to society proving the theory right- that we aren't good enough with our natural selves. Surely I'm not the only chick who's been rejected or rudely looked at and brushed off or straight-out made fun of because of my looks.
It sucks, but it can be so true.
Even if they're mega douches, it can still hurt.

@Chewzy: Yeah, I've seen it. It's tragic, really.

Like; I once saw this girl who always was pretty, and we grew up kind of knowing eachother. As she matured, she just started to care about looks. She'd sit in seminary and classes looking in a mirror. One day she didn't have make up on; she looked like she'd been socked in the face.
It's sad, 'cause I knew she had really drop-dead gorgeous features,
but once you cake it on for quite some time, it's like taking 2308975465 steps back when you don't.

To the majority:

I once sat behind a girl in math class- with lashes that practically touched her brows, and when she turned her head I could see the caked layer of orange (they actually call it BRONZER?!) dividing her chin and neck.

The point of make up, like No Sex (?) said, is to enhance or show off what beauty you already have, and not to shadow and rub your face into a whole nother structure.

sweatdrop

AND GOD I HATE IT WHEN GIRLS REAPPLY IT IN CLASSES OR RESTARAUNTS OR IN THE MIDST OF SOME KIND OF SOCIAL GATHERING GOOD GOD HOW SHALLOW CAN YOU BE IF YOU'RE SPENDING TIME IN THE MIRROR YOU MIGHT AS WELL BE BY YOURSELF AT HOME.

iTootsie

Renard Muldrake

Clean Capitalist

6,200 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:13 pm
THANKS I TRY.
Wait, wait, wait.
Do you have seven vaginas?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:08 am
Junimaia
I only ever wear makeup on special occasions or if I'm wearing a costume. Any other time I'm way too lazy to do it, and I have a bad habit of fussing over myself anytime I've got something on my face that ain't naturally occuring gonk But I do buy the products that'll keep my skin aging well. I'm very particular about what I put on my face. :O

@Pain: OH THANK GOD I'm not the only one who hates contacts :'D I was beginning to think I was the only one crying
I know. Most people love them, and I just can't understand whyyy.
They fall out, bunch up, have to be taken out all the time, dry out, and aren't suppose to wear them in water. Glasses are so much easier.

@Comfy
Probably because I don't find it fun. o: To me, it's work that I would rather not do if I don't have to.
Different fun for different people. x3  

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

Simped

Angelic Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:11 pm
Szen

XD I don't.

Well, I shave when my love gets too annoyed, or if I have to wear a dress, but otherwise, meh.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:39 pm
Renard Muldrake
THANKS I TRY.
Wait, wait, wait.

ninja

No...

redface

iTootsie

Renard Muldrake

Clean Capitalist

6,200 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:15 pm
iTootsie
Renard Muldrake
THANKS I TRY.
Wait, wait, wait.

ninja

No...

redface
I'll get back to you when I figure out if that's good news, or bad.  
The Suites

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff