View Results

Angelic iGirl

Angelic Assailant

10,475 Points
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Restorative Spirit 250
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:00 am
Cheesy pasta bake is soo tasty and vegetarian. You can add to it all your favourite vegetables.

I'm not a vegetarian, but try to be as often as I can and eat more vegetables than meat mostly. heart

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:46 pm
I've always wanted to be a vegetarian
but some days i just want to have meat
I'll try to be a vegan when i am in college v.v
I am such a disappoint

winown

7,150 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200

MiracleRayray2

Blessed Warrior

7,825 Points
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:06 pm
I have been vegetarian now for almost 3 years. it been kinda hard but easier as the year goes on. PM me for recipies I have some from the family, some i made and some i just really like  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:51 pm
winown
I've always wanted to be a vegetarian
but some days i just want to have meat
I'll try to be a vegan when i am in college v.v
I am such a disappoint

being vegan is really difficult. if you do decide you want to even after researching a bit, try being a vegetarian first and work your way up  

asjgrjkshvfgjkhs

Shadowy Shapeshifter

4,600 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100

E.Beth

Apocalyptic Codger

19,050 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:30 am
I'm not vegetarian but my roommate is. Since we try to cook enough for everyone most of the food I know how to make is vegetarian friendly.

I have to agree that Indian food is one of the best spots to start looking for vegetarian food. Indian food is a good place to start because of the focus on spices in many of the dishes. You won't have to deal with bland veggies. Just be careful since they use a lot of oil and salt in some of the dishes.

Rice and beans is great. You can get red bean and rice packets at stores with the spices included.
The yellow rice mixes you get at stores are great with some cut up onion, carrots, celery, and pretty much any other vegetable you can think of. Look up vegetable pilaff, I have a recipient for it that uses yellow rice.

If you can't stand tofu when you make it go to a restaurant that makes food with it regularly like a Japanese restaurant. Try roasting the tofu chunks and then breaking them up. I did that and it was much easier to eat and get used to it.
Beans are a good source of fiber and protein. They are your friends. Try to incorporate them a bit. We learned we needed to do this more when we were transitioning to mostly vegetarian meals. The beans helped keep us full longer.

Also remember if you are feeling like you are dragging to get checked by your doctor. Vegetarians can sometimes have trouble with B vitamins and Iron. This can easily be fixed with vitamin pills or dietary changes. Since you are probably still growing I would suggest talking with your doctor for advice. They can tell you certain foods to eat often to help make up for the nutrients you normally get from meat. My friend, who didn't grow up vegetarian, did this and learned that she needed to eat a little more of one type of food and pair up rice and beans together more often. Now she thrives on her new vegetarian diet.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:33 am
Oh and by the way for a prepared meal that is easy get Amy's eggplant lasagna. We love it. Four cheese ones are good too from a lot of companies. Finding frozen meals that are vegetarian is a bit hard sometimes but you'll find some you like.
Preparing your own food works great because you can add more or less spice as needed which is always good.  

E.Beth

Apocalyptic Codger

19,050 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

MistyMary24

Astral Mage

21,825 Points
  • Alien Invasion 50
  • Astral Veteran 100
  • Dragon Uprising 75
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:41 am
I use to be a vegan. It is not an easy walk to go on that is for sure.

What type of Vegetation are you?

There are different types out there so I am asking to make sure I know which category you fall into.

Some types are
Removal of all meat but fish and seafood (for some reasons people do not see these as meats. Not sure why)
Removal of all meats including fish and sea food but still eat eggs and dairy products
Removal of all meat, fish, seafood, eggs, and dairy.
Than there are the ones that have removed everything but poultry once a week. (on their way to becoming a full vegan level)

What do you still have in your diet and what have you removed from it

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:17 pm
MistyMary24

There are different types out there so I am asking to make sure I know which category you fall into.

Some types are
Removal of all meat but fish and seafood (for some reasons people do not see these as meats. Not sure why)
Removal of all meats including fish and sea food but still eat eggs and dairy products
Than there are the ones that have removed everything but poultry once a week. (on their way to becoming a full vegan level)

im an ovo lacto vegetarian which means i eat eggs and milk nd i dont eat fish  

asjgrjkshvfgjkhs

Shadowy Shapeshifter

4,600 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Pie Enabler 100

MistyMary24

Astral Mage

21,825 Points
  • Alien Invasion 50
  • Astral Veteran 100
  • Dragon Uprising 75
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:59 pm
xX Kage Megami Xx
MistyMary24

Some types are

So do you cook American food or another world cuisine food. I probably can recite recipes from India that are vegetation if needed. I found they hate a load of recipes for vegetarians. I tried to Americanize a few of the dishes though.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:35 pm
MistyMary24
xX Kage Megami Xx
MistyMary24

Some types are

So do you cook American food or another world cuisine food. I probably can recite recipes from India that are vegetation if needed. I found they hate a load of recipes for vegetarians. I tried to Americanize a few of the dishes though.

id be willing to try most things so whatever you have to share im sure would benefit us all  

asjgrjkshvfgjkhs

Shadowy Shapeshifter

4,600 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Pie Enabler 100
16. ✿ - - - Food, Cooking & Baking

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers