Welcome to Gaia! ::

Free Item Archive

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to tracking active and inactive sponsorships, events, and misc. Free Items and Free gold 

Tags: free item, freebie, sponsorship item, sponsorship, free item archive 

Reply Main
Utility Belt Design Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Leitis
Captain

Star Fairy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:33 pm
The Cutie Heroine thing and the belt are two different issues. The belt was outright theft. The user who submitted the entry took the exact image from the original creator's deviantART page and submitted it. With Cutie Heroine, it's a parody item. Similar and noticeable as being from the source content but still legal under parody laws. Claiming actual artwork as your own to win to enter and subsequently win a contest is outright theft.

Although the original artist has said they would like users to be able to keep the item. They have stated they would like Gaia to pay a fee to use the concept as well as credit him/her as being the creator of the item. Though, reading the original artist's latest journal, the issue has been resolved and the item will be staying on Gaia. I have to applaud the artist for how they handled the situation. They didn't publicly bash Gaia or the person who stole their concept nor did they publicly flaunt the ongoing dialog between them and Gaia in order for their followers to mock/flame Gaia and its users...like a certain drama queen from a few months ago. The settlement between the artist and Gaia was kept private and the only thing said about the matter was a statement that the issue has been resolved.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:41 am
wow, i must say, that's very good of him. i wonder what is happening with the art thief  

geo serenity adlehyde
Vice Captain

Familiar Elder

9,275 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Brandisher 100

PandoraCaitiff

7,300 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:44 am
Hopefully their professionalism during this awkward situation will earn them some new fans.

Now if only Gaia would un-bond the belt so I can do something with the two spares I have... wink  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:36 am
PandoraCaitiff
Hopefully their professionalism during this awkward situation will earn them some new fans.

Now if only Gaia would un-bond the belt so I can do something with the two spares I have... wink
Carolina says...

if they do un-bond it, can u give me one gonk lol, it looks like a cute itemUser Image  

iKawaiiKyle
Crew

5,150 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250

geo serenity adlehyde
Vice Captain

Familiar Elder

9,275 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:09 am
iKawaiiKyle
PandoraCaitiff

Carolina says...

if they do un-bond it, can u give me one gonk lol, it looks like a cute itemUser Image

oh, don't forget the captain making this guild run smoothly ^_~  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:41 pm
iKawaiiKyle
PandoraCaitiff

Carolina says...

If I am not mistaken, they will be re-releasing the belt. O:  

Leitis
Captain

Star Fairy

iKawaiiKyle
Crew

5,150 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:42 pm
Leitis
iKawaiiKyle
PandoraCaitiff

Carolina says...

yay User Image  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:49 pm
iKawaiiKyle
Leitis
iKawaiiKyle
PandoraCaitiff

Carolina says...

yay User Image

what she says  

geo serenity adlehyde
Vice Captain

Familiar Elder

9,275 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Brandisher 100

theexiledstripper

Aged Gaian

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:28 pm
Leitis
Yaaay!! *flails around and waits patiently for the re-release*  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:46 pm
Hey gang...

It looks like the Utility Belt may be completely removed from the site without a chance of being re-released. And users who already have the item will have the item removed from their inventory.  

Leitis
Captain

Star Fairy

iKawaiiKyle
Crew

5,150 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:19 pm
Leitis
Hey gang...

It looks like the Utility Belt may be completely removed from the site without a chance of being re-released. And users who already have the item will have the item removed from their inventory.
Carolina says...

aw, that sucks it looks like a really cute item sad User Image  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:00 pm
Sometime tomorrow (or today if it is past midnight for you), there will be an announcement regarding the Utility Belt. I think they will explain the situation and what the resolution will be. O:  

Leitis
Captain

Star Fairy

iKawaiiKyle
Crew

5,150 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:08 am
Leitis
Sometime tomorrow (or today if it is past midnight for you), there will be an announcement regarding the Utility Belt. I think they will explain the situation and what the resolution will be. O:
Carolina says...

well, when i logged on, they had an announcement, but they probably deleted it, cause it said i didnt have permission to enter that part of forums User Image  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:06 pm
The new one is here!  

ashitagaaru

Wheezing Millionaire

iKawaiiKyle
Crew

5,150 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:16 pm
ashitagaaru