Azusanga

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:04 pm
Cowgirl-with-heart
Im In The Airwaves JM
Cowgirl-with-heart
Im In The Airwaves JM
Cowgirl-with-heart
Im In The Airwaves JM
I think I've decided on a ball python. I kinda like the idea of a snake that'll like to sit and relax once in a while. Plus they're the cutest little beasts ever wink Doesn't someone on here breed them?
Radioactive condom does,I have her on FB,she actually has 11 eggs that are about 30 days away from hatching XD (she doesnt come here very often,but if theres something you want me to tell her,or something,I can relay a message)

That's what I thought. By the time I'm actually ready to own one I'll see if she's still breeding and selling. I'd much rather buy a ball from someone who knows what they're doing and that I've seen their breeding stock before hand on something other then a breeder's site.

Do you know what state RC is in?
shes in Florida (shes not online right now,or I would tell her to scurry over here XD)

xD Does she ship? Cause I'm not driving all the way to Florida o.o too far. -I find it best to get general ideas before they're needed, yes?-
I dont think she does,but she might for you,since your in the guild and she has known you for a while (I know one reason she doesnt,is she doesnt want her babies going somewhere she cant watch them) I will ask her next time I talk to her,what state are you in?

WI. I'm already googling as many care sites and sheets as I find.

plus I'd love to webcam updates and such to her so she can actually see how they're faring. I can't stand when people give up their furry/scaly/feathered babies and don't try to maintain some sort of contact.

To the rest of you who aren't in on this conversation:

I promise that I've read all your posts, don't feel ignored Dx
Does anyone know some reputable online care sheets?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:11 pm
Im In The Airwaves JM
Cowgirl-with-heart
Im In The Airwaves JM
Cowgirl-with-heart
Im In The Airwaves JM

That's what I thought. By the time I'm actually ready to own one I'll see if she's still breeding and selling. I'd much rather buy a ball from someone who knows what they're doing and that I've seen their breeding stock before hand on something other then a breeder's site.

shes in Florida (shes not online right now,or I would tell her to scurry over here XD)

xD Does she ship? Cause I'm not driving all the way to Florida o.o too far. -I find it best to get general ideas before they're needed, yes?-
I dont think she does,but she might for you,since your in the guild and she has known you for a while (I know one reason she doesnt,is she doesnt want her babies going somewhere she cant watch them) I will ask her next time I talk to her,what state are you in?

plus I'd love to webcam updates and such to her so she can actually see how they're faring. I can't stand when people give up their furry/scaly/feathered babies and don't try to maintain some sort of contact.

kk I will ask her about it when she gets online,I will also ask about ant care sheets she recommends ^_^  

Cowgirl-with-heart

Friendly Nerd

5,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Azusanga

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:23 pm
Cowgirl-with-heart
Im In The Airwaves JM
Cowgirl-with-heart
Im In The Airwaves JM
Cowgirl-with-heart
Im In The Airwaves JM

kk I will ask her about it when she gets online,I will also ask about ant care sheets she recommends ^_^

Sounds good, thanks ^w^  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:51 pm
Im In The Airwaves JM
Cowgirl-with-heart
Im In The Airwaves JM
Cowgirl-with-heart
Im In The Airwaves JM

Sounds good, thanks ^w^
your welcome :3  

Cowgirl-with-heart

Friendly Nerd

5,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Shanna66
Captain

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:53 pm
i get most of my ball info from other keepers and breeders. most of the ball python people from reptilerooms have left so i feel like im on my own there xp

and if condoms ships maybe ill have to buy a baby from her, from what i can tell she takes very good care of her balls and has given me some good advice on caring for ellie  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:18 pm
ok,I talked to her,she said she isnt sure how to ship them,but if shes able to figure out how she wouldnt mind shipping to you,also she might stop by later (she has a B-day party to go to here soon)  

Cowgirl-with-heart

Friendly Nerd

5,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Azusanga

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:26 am
Getting info from breeders and keepers sounds like a really good idea. At least then I'll know what works and what doesn't, yes?

@Cowgirl: Sounds awesome. Already excited for this. Plus I've been really good about not random buying so I have money! Yaaaaay.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:49 am
just make sure your picky about who you listen to. even alot of breeders and full of crap and give off bad info. and alot of people will call themmselves breeders just because they have bred their animal before. and the most important rule when listening to someone is that time does not mean expirience. alot of mooks think that just because they have been keeping that species since the 70's that they are experts and refuse to listen to new info  

Shanna66
Captain

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

Cowgirl-with-heart

Friendly Nerd

5,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:56 am
Im In The Airwaves JM
Getting info from breeders and keepers sounds like a really good idea. At least then I'll know what works and what doesn't, yes?

@Cowgirl: Sounds awesome. Already excited for this. Plus I've been really good about not random buying so I have money! Yaaaaay.
sweet,I see she didnt get online herself XD (that doesnt really surprise me,cause she has school today,for some reason,her school starts in August) so I will ask her if she will when she gets online :3  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:18 pm
Shanna66
just make sure your picky about who you listen to. even alot of breeders and full of crap and give off bad info. and alot of people will call themmselves breeders just because they have bred their animal before. and the most important rule when listening to someone is that time does not mean expirience. alot of mooks think that just because they have been keeping that species since the 70's that they are experts and refuse to listen to new info

Oh I definetly know. Some of the people on here even are full of crap.

Is sand the main thing to be cautious as far as substrates go? Are there other substrates that are like 'oooooo die'.  

Azusanga

Shanna66
Captain

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:52 pm
with snakes as far as i know you dont have to be nearly as picky about the substrate because they dont taste it like leos and beardies do. aspen, coco fiber, dirt, paper towels, blankets, and even carefresh all work fine. just make sure it isnt too rough and would be comfortable to lay on. thats the main thing with snake substrates, comfort. though if you do use a particle substrate then you shouldnt feed in the tank.

my favorites for ellie though are appaer towels and coco fiber. the paper towels make everything easier to keep clean but the coco fiber helps keep in humidity so i alternate from time to time  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:20 pm
Hey there, sorry I didn't get on yesterday. I didn't end up getting home till midnight and woke up at 5am for school lol.

Anyway, I've still got about a month until this clutch hatches and then another month or so until any of them are ready for new homes, so it'll definitely be a while till I have some ready to ship. In the meantime, if there's any info you need I'll check back here more often when I get the time, or Cowgirl has my facebook and can give it to you if you need to message me.

As far as substrates go, there aren't that many that are bad. The three main substrates to avoid are sand, pine, and cedar. Pine and cedar are a DEFINITE no when it comes to substrates since they have an oil in them that is poisonous to reptiles(it's a kind of skin irritant). But other than that, I've found newspaper to be the best cost and effectiveness-wise, but if you're looking for something that looks nice, I'd go for aspen or coco fiber.

Hmm, can't think of anything else to mention, but if I do, I'll post it. biggrin

JoAnne

Radioactive Condoms

Magnetic Member

Lime Kiss

Versatile Lover

4,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:17 pm
We have a plains Garter snake that is the most docile and sweet girl you'd ever want. She's easy to care for too. We just have to keep her place and water clean, feed her pinkies and make sure she feels safe in her hidey holes.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:47 pm
Bumping for Airwaves biggrin  

Radioactive Condoms

Magnetic Member

Azusanga

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:24 pm
Radioactive Condoms
Bumping for Airwaves biggrin

How sweet, you bumped for me <3

Anywhom.

I've been thinking about it and talking to my boyfriend about it. He's a few years older then I, and by the time I start college he should have his own apartment/house/whatever. I was talking to him and he said he'd get one as close to the college of my choice as he can so if my roomate is an a** and would tattle on me for having a snake, he'd take it in. Mind you my man hates snakes so this is big for him.  
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff