Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
I miss old [2005-ish] Gaia. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Free
  Gold
View Results

Junimaia

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:37 pm
I never even realized just how much the forums grew until I finally ventured out a few months ago just to see what was there. Sometimes I wonder how people can ever find the proper forum for anything when there's like 50 bazillion subforums in each one, exagerrating I know, but that's how it feels when I look at it gonk  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:06 pm
Been on Gaia a heck of a long time, started off as an ED regular but I haven't stepped in there in years now. I know the forum has changed from the old days, but I was also 16-17 then so I've changed a lot more razz  

scrub
Crew

K i m z y

Cold Snowflake

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:13 am
The only thing I miss from 2004 is how the events use to be. Actually interacting with NPC Gambino, Gino, etc. at the top banner for the anniversary ball, Halloween, etc.

The anniversary ball with the Gaia t-shirts and balloons was my first event, and I thought that for my first event it was outstanding.
I had a lot of fun.

Nowadays, the events are alright, but it's missing a certain spark.
However, I will give them credit for managing not to get an event to crash badly like the ole days.

Now moving onto 2005 if I can remember correctly we had a feature called Gaia hangout, and I used that all the time to hug a friend or to talk to them.
My memory is a bit vague, but I do remember it being a really well received feature.
I have no idea why they decided to take it away. (I liked it!)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:13 am
I gotta say, I stepped away from Gaia four years ago when I started playing WoW. Coming back, I had to get my bearings. Finding almost all, if not all of my friends gone hasn't helped me become reacquianted with it. And I certainly can't find anything right now @_@
That's not to say I don't like some of it. God, I remember when it was go-Gaia.com, I definitely remember the massive amount of errors. I haven't seen an event yet, so I can't say whether or not they're any better, but I recall scrabbling around rapidly-crashing forums to try and complete an item set. I've only tried the start of zOMG, so I don't want to say anything negative yet. I have to say this though: as a website, Gaia has been marvelously successful. I am very impressed with that.  

MortiousPrime

The Suites

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces