Welcome to Gaia! ::

The LGBT Guild

Back to Guilds

This is a guild for all sexual orientation equality supporters to chat and feel welcomed. 

Tags: Homosexual, Bisexual, Transgender, Genderqueer 

Reply General Discussion
Early Age Brainwashing Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Le Scratch
Vice Captain

Icy Humorist

31,825 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 6:29 pm
JM Starchild
Shilberu Erikku
JM Starchild
That's not right...I mean, common, they're little children. It shouldn't matter what they like. You don't know if they're tastes are going to change along the road, and if they don't so what? It's not going to be the end of the world.

It reminds me of that law and order episode of the grandparents trying to convince the little girl that her lesbian mommies were wrong for being lesbian mommies.

It's oldschool mentality, that's what it is. It's the fault of people who said blue is for boys and pink is for girls. The same people that think girls should wear only dresses and boys can only wear pants. I don't like it, there's people that just won't evolve like the rest of us.

Actually, in the 1930s, pink was for guys and blue was for girls.

Wow really? Well there's something I was never taught.
Blue fabric was cheaper than red or pink fabric was. That actually goes back to the early days of America. Red was for boys because red was a strong color: an indication of power and masculinity. Red was also more expensive, so it was typically watered down to pink for growing boys. Blue was seen as a calm, passive color, the color of femininity. It was also cheaper, and most families spent more on their sons than daughters. When the 1950s rolled in that switched and it became the norm to put pink on girls and blue on boys.

Edit: Topic is old and not really relevant. Locking.  
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 6:33 pm
This was posted a long time ago.

Let it die people.  

Pent and Ten

Moonlight Shapeshifter

ll-Mystic Rhythms-ll

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 6:42 pm
Not cool.

I liked star wars toys, nerf guns, and hot wheels race tracks when I was younger. My parents didn't stop me from liking or playing with those toys!!  
General Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff