Reply Happy This, That, and The Other Thing
I dread my Birthday. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Volvy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:55 pm
Age is just a number. You are what you eat, so just keep eating fresh foods and you'll stay fresh no matter how old you get!  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:15 pm
rofl @ Volvy As a Revered Elder here, I suppose that could be true ... to a certain extent, at least! xd  

Faerie KatrinaZ
Crew

Sparkly Fairy

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:05 pm
Speaking of birthdays, I've got mine in another twenty days. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:50 pm
Agent Crab
I dread my birthday, which is in October. I'll be 28. Funny, I don't feel my age, though.

im turning 27 in october and trust me there kids out there more mature than i am. youre young, but when u hang around kids what do you expect to feel like lol?  

Damonette

Partying Lunatic

9,250 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Partygoer 500

Volvy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:52 pm
Yeah, I'm 26 in a couple weeks, and mentally I'm still about 12.  
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 2:26 am
Oh hon, in July I will be 48...wait til you get there!  

Pinque Von Fluffendorken

Sweetheart

18,425 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Dark Princess Kaori

6,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:12 pm
I just celebrated my 24th birthday and last year I sunk into a depression cuz I realized "Holy ******** s**t! I'm getting older and what have I really got to show for it!?" Then my husband snapped me out of my funk and reminded me that I have a beautiful baby girl (who's now 2 3/4 BTW) who loves and looks up to me. And for my party me, my husband and a couple of my close girlfriends went to Dave & Busters.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:51 am
26. gonk  

Bao Sanniang

Shirtless Shapeshifter

12,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Brandisher 100

purpleravenhawk

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:09 pm
Turning the big 3-0 in less than three weeks. gonk  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:22 am
I just turned 27 ten days ago... To think I was 19 when I was introduced to this website.
I feel that I have accomplished a lot. I just graduated from nursing school, I have a respectable, good-paying job with benefits, I have a happy, healthy 6 year old boy, I am still happily married to that boy's father, we own our own home, and hopefully this fall my husband will be going back to college to attend culinary school.
However, despite all these things that make me feel 'grown-up,' I still find myself here, on Gaia. With an exception to my husband and my sister, no one knows I still go on sites like this anymore. I'm embarrassed by it, but I still enjoy it. I don't feel like I fit in on Gaia anymore, but I still enjoy vending and visiting with people... even if they are half my age. emo
Maybe it's about time I grew up.  

koopabrat

Sparkly Genius

13,550 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100

Ryzan Vixtul

Intellectual Conversationalist

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:11 am
As might be apparent from this guild's existence, there are plenty of people your age and older on this site, koopabrat. It isn't as if this website is exclusively for children nor that it is wrong for an adult to enjoy playing games and chatting with people.

And while you may not have meant it as such, to say that you "need to grow up" because you enjoy this site at your age is an insult to all the other adults here since you are indirectly saying that they too need to "grow up".

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:16 pm
This site is marketed toward teenagers and made for teenagers. With that said, I'm willing to bet if I looked hard enough, I'd find adults on NeoPets. Does it make it wrong? No. Does it make it a little weird? I think so, but you don't have to agree with me. I never said it was wrong for adults to enjoy playing games or chatting with people, either, but there are websites, games, and what have you that are made for the adult audience. There are always exceptions, though... There are probably 5 year olds out there that have played Grand Theft Auto or Saints Row.

If you're insecure enough to take my words and twist them around to make it sound like I'm 'indiriectly' insulting you, then maybe you should do some soul searching yourself. I'm not here to judge you or anyone else here. I'm venting off my personal feelings and insecurities about still being on this site. I'm here because I can sure as hell use some moral support and encouragement from you guys.  

koopabrat

Sparkly Genius

13,550 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100

Azami_Kuroi

Demonic Bibliophile

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:20 pm
I don't dread my birthdays.
Turning 30 was kind of weird, but now, at 32, it's like 'eh' whatever.
I see it as a time to get together with some friends and have a good time.
That and a time that I always see my best friend.
Her birthday is the day after mine, so we always make an occasion out of it. 3nodding

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:23 pm
koopabrat
This site is marketed toward teenagers and made for teenagers. With that said, I'm willing to bet if I looked hard enough, I'd find adults on NeoPets. Does it make it wrong? No. Does it make it a little weird? I think so, but you don't have to agree with me. I never said it was wrong for adults to enjoy playing games or chatting with people, either, but there are websites, games, and what have you that are made for the adult audience. There are always exceptions, though... There are probably 5 year olds out there that have played Grand Theft Auto or Saints Row.

If you're insecure enough to take my words and twist them around to make it sound like I'm 'indiriectly' insulting you, then maybe you should do some soul searching yourself. I'm not here to judge you or anyone else here. I'm venting off my personal feelings and insecurities about still being on this site. I'm here because I can sure as hell use some moral support and encouragement from you guys.

I hear what you're saying. It has felt weird at times, but that's why I keep to friends that I've known on here a long time or particular threads. I've been using this site since I was in my mid-20's and even then, I met a ton of people that were near my age. Now all of those people are older, just as I am, so that part doesn't feel so weird.

And yeah, it is marketed toward a certain demographic, however, some of the humor is definitely more adult and surely directed at the adult audience on the sight. Not to say that it's totally normal for someone say, over the age of 25, to be chatting it up with teens, but it certainly is avoidable. But yeah, as I said, I get what you're saying.

I don't take it as a personal offense at all. Personally, I never get involved with any RP's or drama. I just post to have fun and play with my avatar. :3

Azami_Kuroi

Demonic Bibliophile

Azami_Kuroi

Demonic Bibliophile

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:24 pm
purpleravenhawk
Turning the big 3-0 in less than three weeks. gonk

It'll be okay! : D
Life goes on afterward, I promise.
And hell think of it this way...you'e old enough to be past the BS of your teens and 20's, but young enough to still have plenty of fun!

Early Happy Birthday!

Happy This, That, and The Other Thing

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces