Private school (religiously affiliated)
  Charter school
  Alternative school
  Homeschool
  Other
View Results

elyzia

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:34 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I've only attended Private Schools.

I've lived in Washington DC for the majority of my life, & the situation with the Public Schools here is definitely similar to how the OP described Hawaii Public Schools. Ever since I can remember, Washington DC has had one of the very worst Public School Systems out of all the cities in the US (I think the graduation rate has dropped to like, almost 40%; lowest graduation rate in the entire country). So basically any family who can come up with enough money to send their kids to Private School around here generally do just that.

I feel so incredibly lucky that my family has always had enough money to pay for me to get a really good education... However, I can't help but wonder what Public Schools are even like, lol.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:43 am
Home schooled all my life, until now I'm going to college.
It's so different, but I love it and hate it at the same time.  

D46

2,450 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200

K i m z y

Cold Snowflake

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:26 am
Just a public school.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:59 am
I went to a Catholic elementary school, and all-girls Catholic middle school for most of my middle school career, and through high school I doubled taking half of my classes at a liberal school for creative and preforming arts as well as a private, catholic high school. My first year of college was a public university, but my sophomore through senior year (and first year of grad) I stayed a small private Catholic college..  

Ramiele

Sparkly Explorer

tobejulietssecret

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:37 am
Public playgroup, primary and secondary. xD
I don't have anything against private schools,
but in my area it's the same standard of education throughout all the schools,
so I don't see the point in paying £8000 a year ($12,800) for the same education you could get for free.

My boyfriend goes to private school though, and says he'd much rather be in public,
just because he doesn't like the other student's posh attitudes xD
(I'm not saying people who go to private school are posh, that's just my boyfriend being silly XP )

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:10 pm
I currently go to a small community college. After another year, I am going to transfer to a larger university. :3

I went to public school from elementary school through high school.  

Tuba Toothpaste

Toothsome Lover

14,150 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Love Machine 150

Angelic iGirl

Angelic Assailant

10,475 Points
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Restorative Spirit 250
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:05 am
I've never been to a public school in my life. sweatdrop
I went to a private catholic school most of my life and then to a non-religious school later. I don't think it has made me act differently to those who are schooled by government-funded schools. I do think the resources might be better at private but the standard of education probably isn't that different.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:38 am
I go to a stupid private school that wants to be Hogwarts (but failed), hides its bad side so good that no one think it is bad (that irritates me), and the point, it took my life.

School name: The Life-Snatching Academy
Alternate name(s): The Academy of No-Life, The Independent Brain-War Camp School

Gurotsuki

Scurvy Winner

TH3_G1ITCH_

Enduring Receiver

13,300 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:45 am
Public school.

Full of chavs, fighting/bullying errday, un-helpful teachers...

The norm'.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:36 pm
catholic elementary and highschool  

XxXPaNdA_rAwRXxX

inky6

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:46 pm
Public school, I went to a pre-school that was attached to a church when I was little but I don't know if I would consider it a religious school. We only went to the church for music since it had a piano and choir room.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:20 pm
A public school located in hell.

Harmonical Melodies

Hallowed Lunatic

13,700 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Battle: Knight 100

mynameisjacque

Timid Genius

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:44 pm
Public schools.
Primary (elementary in the US I think?) taught me how to deal with bullies fast because the kids all ganged up on me because I have a not-super rich but definately not poor background and everyone else at that school had poor backgrounds so they all hated my guts.. I learnt how to deal with that there..

High School was another public school. It was a much larger school with more social classes. I learnt how to decide who was worth my time and who isnt. I was the freaky kid who studied hard, didnt do too fantastically academically but always got over the line with a 75%, which got her into university/college where I am now, which is again a public school but with a more international scope and more prestigous and everyone is freaking rich except me who got in on scholarship.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:09 pm

Theatrical and Visual Arts Highschool. I was still bullied for being a nerd. Go figure. neutral

Octavia Weng

7,050 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Informer 100
  • Autobiographer 200

Carstairs

Genius

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:23 pm
I first attended a very religious private school called Saint Joseph Convent at 1st grade till 3rd grade. Then I moved to Norway, a public school.

15. ✿ - - - Polls And Questions

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff