scatterbrained
  Wut???
View Results

pythonesque
Crew

Kawaii Fatcat

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:54 pm

Organized in a way I only understand.

My older stories are all hand-written. I didn't start typing up stories until last summer when I got my laptop, so new stores are on my laptop. However, I have notebooks and notebooks of ideas and older stories stored away. I tend to know what's where, buuut not always. I get confused between notebooks and story versions easily because I wrote so much in the past 5 years or so.

Also, I keep a little notebook on hand in case I have to write things down right away. I also have a larger notebook I use solely to work out outlines & ideas, but not to actually write stories. However, I forgot it at home when I came back to college. I swear I packed it. :c

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:59 pm
My writing prompt journals from 2008 are all shelved together on my nightstand. I'm still in the process of copying the whole mess to Word (it's somewhere over 80,000 words, all in pissy little 200- to 2000-word chunks). My notebooks for school are all in a box in the corner, labeled by subject and whether they have blank pages. My two binders of story notes and random notes, respectively, are on my desk. My flash drive is securely fastened to my bedpost so it can't wander off, and all my story files (at least for my current novel) are backed up on both my laptop and my flash drive. Notes for side stories I haven't really concentrated on in years are probably still scattered on my parents' external hard drive somewhere. I suppose I could have those better organized, but other than that, I'd say I'm in a pretty good place organization-wise.

That still doesn't mean I can always remember my novel's filename. sweatdrop  

Raincrow

9,050 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Healer 50
  • Pie For All! 300

All Purpose Muling Device

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:14 pm
Lately, a Shared Documents directory on my netbook, that way I can access them from other computers on my home network. And other people on any of the same networks as me can if they really want to. I imagine that would be convenient in certain circumstances that haven't personally arisen.

Others, I have a documents directory for them, which on my old HD (which I have no access to currently) was further subdivided into specific ones for prose and lyrics, the former of which had a short story directory and then different directories for each multi-file piece.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:18 pm
wow it's amazing how different everyone is. i really wish i was more organized but then again when i really look for something that i've written i can always find it even in my mess of notebooks that are scattered all over the place and through all the various loose pages. i guess there is a method to my madness haha.  

FoxyNightPrincess

Lonely Prophet

12,850 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Sunny Side Up 100
  • The Wolf Within 100

velvetsophisticate

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:06 am
god, i wish i was as organized.
i've got two five-star notebooks that are both almost completely filled of the only TWO stories i've EVER written long-hand, and the rest are on my computer.

but, i never know what's what, because i tend to always save a file name as "kdfersgfhsadklw" because i have no title for it at the time. XD

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:20 am
I keep all my writing in my laptop and in my head razz I have a pretty good memory when it comes to writing ideas.
If theres something I think I'll forget it write it on the back of my hand until I can jot it down in my laptop when I get in XD  

Giyari
Crew

Shirtless Ladykiller

Pintxo

Bro

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:26 pm
I try to be organized.
I truly do.

I have notebooks, binders, boxes, and my laptop all full of crap. Everything other than my laptop is pretty much sitting in a box until I feel sorting through it all. There's papers scattered all over the floor. My desktop gets a tad messy, and every once in a while I'll tidy it up.

All the efforts, however, are fruitless.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:15 pm
I have dozens and dozens of notebooks, folders, binders. And somehow notes from one story occasionally mysteriously appear in another's binder. I really can't explain it. sweatdrop

For example, I was writing a story set in Colorado territory 1800s once. And somehow all the notes about it ended up in this modern fiction I'm writing based in Japan. I don't know how they got there. All I can think of is I was adding some new research to them one day, and grabbed out the other story to write...

So, scatterbrained. Very scatterbrained.

(I also have some stories typed up on my computer. And in my email. I used to text myself pieces of stories from my phone when I lacked paper)  

Xiao Xianyu

4,550 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200
General Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items