Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Ephemeral Skies Chapitre I Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:58 pm
"That's a question that we're debating right now," the captain answered Yllanah, while Anafa reached out to pat Kaelyr. "We've heard about a town off to the east of here that may be a good place for information or jobs. But I've also got an idea of another location that we may investigate. I've been hearing rumors of some activity from the Consortium off towards the south-east. I'm inclined to investigate it."

"And I was tellin' him that we gotta make for an actual town to restock soon. Especially if'n we don't know what the Consortium's up to, really." Anafa says as she pets the puppy.

Practically materializing out of the shadows, Reed's comments clearly catch old Gurn off guard. "Blast ye, boy! What in tarnashun you think yer up to, lurkin' aroun' in the dark like that?! You coulda given an old dwarf a heart attack. Well... maybe not a dwarf... Definitely an elf, though. 'Talk shop, huh?' What kind've shop?" Gurn eyes the young wizard as he floats along on his magic disc.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:28 am
User Image

Yllanah nodded, "Seeing as the town and the point to investigate are both east, what if we were to go to town first. We could restock and look for information about jobs."

"In the event we can't find any jobs worth their pay, then we find further information of the Consortium Activities that should be somewhere south of of the Town. We might also have a better idea of what to expect when we get to the investigation point. Seeing as we would have visited the Town, we'll have a fresh stock of ship supplies, and be more-than ready to engage enemies if necessary."

Meanwhile, Kaelyr was really enjoying the attention, he wagged his tail excitedly, and positioned his head to get the most of the patting from Anafa. He looked up at Yllanah, expecting affection from her as well, but it was obvious from her tone that she was talking business with the captain. Seeing as she was at work, Kaelyr looked at Anafa instead. The Husky licked the air playfully as his subject of attention shifted.

InuVash255

Dapper Dabbler

8,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:17 am
Buck produces a pipe and begins to stuff it with some pipeweed from a pouch hidden in a pocket in his coat.

"Much as I love to investigate random things, information, jobs, and supplies should probably be a greater priority. If the Consortium is anywhere, and by Grandfather Rat's whiskers there are few places where it is against their favor to not be, odds are infinitely strong they will be active in some manner or another. Their actions will be a greater reason for our interest than their presence. This town you speak of might even have some detail as to these actions, and surely you don't expect us to waltz into their operations half-cocked." The shifter lights the pipe and gives it a few puffs before relaxing against the railing with it.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:48 pm
User Image

Reed nods slightly, an apology for startling Gurn. He doesn't meet the dwarf's eyes, an ingrained habit to keep people from noticing his eyes more than a deliberate rudeness, though people often mistake it for the latter.

"I've some skill with the arcane, as it seems do you, and thought we might be able to compare some notes. I'm always on the lookout for new spells and am more than willing to trade for them. Your disk there, for example. I've heard of the spell, but don't know much about the mechanics and limitations of it. It seems like it could be useful in all kinds of situations."  

Dallas Moonrain

jennibert

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:05 pm
User Image
Kristenna plays a second gold dragon and hopes that at least one of the cards she draws will be another gold dragon--hopefully one high enough to allow her to win the gambit as well as give her a color flight.

"So, what are you guys hoping for from our next mission? I mean, besides kicking some Consortium a**, obviously. I'm thinking that maybe we can free some slaves, or, even better, keep some people from becoming Consortium slaves."

{Not sure why my pic is so large...}  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:00 pm
User Image"Heck, I don't really care. As long as I can keep flying, I don't even mind if we don't do squat. Though I'm not one to turn down a fight, either." Sheziera puts down a second Copper Dragon, once again rated too high to activate.  

Anatarei Crimsonthrone

jennibert

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:12 pm
"Well, hopefully there won't be much 'squat.' I prefer when things stay interesting. Makes the time go faster," returns Kristenna as she makes a face at her cards. She *did* get the gold dragon she was hoping for, but no reason to let her opponents know that.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:25 pm
User Image"How's about you, handsome?" Sheziera asks Djalance. "You got a dog in this race? What are you hoping to do on this leg of the trip? Or would it be more apt to say 'who'?" She shuffles through her cards some more, eyeing the other players.  

Anatarei Crimsonthrone

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:27 am
Jeine snorted derisively. "Don't tell the captain to think logically when there's a chance to run headlong into a fight with the Consortium. It's a fool's errand." She turned around, her long black hair whipping in the wind. "Frankly, I don't really care, so long as I get a decent workout, and maybe decent pay for once."

Opening his eyes from meditation, Casey turned to Marionne. "I'm sorry if I seemed a little rude. I was just trying to wrap up a mental exercise. Lovely weather we're having, isn't it? Smooth sailing weather. Though I suspect that there'll be storm clouds ahead." He motioned with his head towards the discussion around the captain.

"Oh, I'm not too keen on getting in thick with the Consortium if I can help it," Djalance says as he reviews his cards pensively. Aside from stealing a couple gold from the stakes with a black dragon last turn, he clearly was no competitor to the rest for strongest flight. "Frankly, I'd much rather be in a town, with a nice warm bed, nice warm company, and a bit more privacy to make as much noise as I like." He winked at the ladies he was playing with.

"Aye, it's certainly a good spell tuh keep my poor legs from wearin' out. Bad knee, y'know. Takes a bit of work tuh keep it runnin' around all day, but at least it does somethin'. But yer lookin for spell tradin', huh? I dunno. Depends on what yeh've got in yer book. And what yeh don't got, if'n you catch my meanin'." Reed and Gurn could easily see the door to the engine room now, the whine of the elemental engines becoming increasingly audible.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:12 pm
Kristenna collects her winnings as she grins at Djalance. "Well, that not entirely a bad idea. Just have to find someone to do it with." She has a wicked gleam in her eye as she surveys her cards. Shame that she played all the good ones winning the last gambit.  

jennibert

Dallas Moonrain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:29 pm
"I've a spell that would allow you to switch places with someone else--willing or unwilling, though the latter's harder. Or you could just switch two other people. I use them for getting out of tight situations," says Reed as he and Gurn enter the engine room.

Reed's red eyes dart around, looking for Lyndie. If he sees her, he will smile and call out a greeting, though he won't meet her eyes with his.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:25 pm
Echoing from the engine room comes a very agitated woman's voice. "Oh, gods damn it! The thing's venting ice-steam again! Where did I put that spanner?!" Scurrying out from behind a hunk of metal and stone suspended in the middle of the room comes Lyndie, bright blue liquid smeared on her face and clothes. Partially frosted over goggles cover her eyes, and small icicles stick to her hair. "I tell the captain over and over - we need to get a new hydrospanner. But we're never anywhere where they have one that's in decent working order. When are we gonna get to a decent..." she stops moving as frantically as Reed and Gurn wander into the engine room. "... town? Oh... Hey, guys. How's it going? Oh, hey, uh... Reed, right? Can you bring me that spanner over there? The one with the wave markings on it? Thanks."  

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

Dallas Moonrain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:15 pm
Reed is only pretty sure that he knows what a spanner looks like, but she did at least indicate the proper table, and there is only one item on it with wave markings on it. He picks it up and offers it to Lyndie. "Is there anything else I can do?" he asks. "I'm not an expert or anything, but I've got a little experience with engines, and that ice steam doesn't look pleasant."  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:05 pm
Captain Siddig sighed. "I don't know where everyone got this idea that the White Falcon was a democrac and everyone had a vote. It may not be a military vessel, but one of the perks of being captain is that I'm the one in charge. If I say we should set course for the Consortium target, then that's where we should be setting course, Anafa."

Chiming in via a somewhat tinny communication stone near the console comes the voice of the grizzled dwarven wizard. "Captain Siddig. 's Gurn. Dun mean to be a bother, buh lil' Lyndie says we need to get a newer hydro sp'nner as soon as possible. Apparently the icesteam leak ain't fixin' itself."

"Anafa, set sail for the town." Siddig set down the maps and adjusted his coat.

"Don't see why we don't just let Lyndie captain this ship. Whipped as a Consortium slave..." Jeine mutters loudly to herself as she strides away. Anafa makes a bit of a face at the last part.  

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

Anatarei Crimsonthrone

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:13 pm
User ImageShe hadn't won the gambit, but Sheziera had gotten a color flight out of copper dragons. Again. She really didn't understand why people thought that was so hard. Overhearing Captain Shevat give a definitive order, she sighed. "Finally, we're going to be getting somewhere. Care for another round or two, Djalance?"  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff