We deserve ONLY the best... <3 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

katsumii

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:36 pm
`Forgotten Ragdoll
I'd rather be a 90 year old spinster with 20 cats than settle for someone I'm not happy with.

It's called divorce. Take advantage of it.
♥ kat ✽

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:43 pm
You're right, Roxy. There's a saying...

Girls are like
apples on trees. The best
ones are at the top of the tree.
The boys don't want to reach for
the good ones because they are afraid
of falling and getting hurt. Instead, they
just get the rotten apples from the ground
that aren't as good, but easy. So the apples
on top think that something is wrong with
them, when in reality, they're amazing.
They just have to wait for the right
boy to come along, the one
who is brave enough

to climb
all the way
to the top
of the tree.

<3  

Dazed Poppet

The Unknown Angel.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:17 pm
D: I can't say I've had the same problem because of my culture, but I agree. I don't think girls have high enough standards for themselves. So what if he's cute? He's a jackass who just ******** up your face.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:12 pm
Well said, everyone.
Hear, hear!

Obliviosity

Invisible Explorer

reyolistuhy

6,800 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:52 pm
I believe you are right Roxy; girls lower their standards for the wrong reason. Instead of changing ourselves just to be accept, we should be who we are and people should just accept that.

I have dated jerks in the past but at that time I was too deeply in love to see that. Like many girls, I lowered my own standards to please them but to them it wasn't enough. Now I know it isn't worth it; I rather be myself, happy, even if that leaves me single than someone else dating. If a guy can't accept that then he isn't the one for me.

Never lower yourself for anyone, not even for a man. Also, never date a guy who doesn't repects you and also abuses you.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:22 am
The guys are the ones who should lower their stardards! And I'm not saying they need to because we're all awesome!But if they want someone to act swooned over a muscle or two, they better lower their attitudes.

But what I don't understand most is this deep affection the human speices suffers from.
I have a saying Also.

It's the tale of the shallow sea(Shallow, word joke)
The sea of shallow eyes. When under it you only see the blissful faces. only the faces. But when we are out of the water, we see the things which truly matter. We then realized how low we have sank under the shallow sea.
Just remembered teh zomg shallow seas thing. XD it has no connection to that.  

ade4

6,000 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Member 100

Doll With A Knife

2,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:47 pm
katsumii
`Forgotten Ragdoll
I'd rather be a 90 year old spinster with 20 cats than settle for someone I'm not happy with.

It's called divorce. Take advantage of it.
♥ kat ✽

That's just the thing. It sounds so easy when you toss the word around so casually. When you marry someone, you make a vow to stay with that person forever, no matter what. When you divorce, all those promises go down the drain and they mean nothing. If you marry more than once, I think the vows start to lose their meaning. Divorce is considered normal nowadays and it's really sad.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:12 pm
Stop it with the slut shaming. It's childish and there is absolutely no reason for it.

I think you ladies are being unrealistic. Should you settle for someone just because they are available and pay attention to you? Of course not. However, everyone has flaws and keeping some unrealistic standard is only going to make you frustrated, lonely, and bitter. No man is capable of living up to a ridiculous standard, the same way no woman is capable of living up to it. Everyone has flaws and no one can make you 100% happy 100% of the time. Relationships are give and take and to make one last you have to realize that everyone has flaws.

Should you stay with someone that treats you like crap and makes you unhappy? Of course not. But dumping someone who cannot live up to a ridiculous idealization of what a man is is just silly.  

Satil

It's A Girl Thing!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces