Reply General Discussion
Painful Memories - Writing From What You Know Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

W00tification

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:07 pm
My stories kinda tend towards weight some of the time. But in this recent story the Right hand I tend to use alex my main character as a portal for my general expiences, long distance relationship, certain traditional follows. Ect.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:43 pm
I usually write about people who have issues with their mothers, since I do.

I also have been bullied too many times to count, and so I write about myself in the oppisite situation, where I was the bully. It helped me bite the apple and see the vengeance isn't the answer. They're people who are depressed and need someone to be depressed with them. As they say, misery needs company.

I try to stay away from those subjects as much as possible, though. It brings down the mood in my stories and shorts.

I think that most people tend to write about themselves and their problems in stories. It helps them see the story from a different angle, occasionally, if you get what I mean.

Simmering Moonlight

Quotable Genius

5,700 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Wall Street 200

ArterialCaucus

Bashful Zealot

13,850 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:09 pm
I generally have really skinny characters, and especially skinny little kids. If a kid is being abused, it's because they're being malnourished*, or I have poor kids on the street who are starving. Generally, kids in my stories have one parent who is disabled**, too. But rarely do I have people with dead parents or grandparents, or dead siblings or whatever. Oh, and the best friend of the main character is usually a twin or a triplet, but that's not painful, so whatever.

*As a little kid(Between the ages of eight and eleven), I was malnourished badly, because my doctor told my mother that I couldn't have wheat or dairy. Eventually, when I was 4'2" and 50 pounds, I fainted in the middle of recess, and the school sent a health check to the police, who went and interviewed my parents for neglect. I got a bar of chocolate when I got home.

**My mother has MS.  
General Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces