Submit

megrar

Unbeatable Prophet

15,475 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Bookworm 100
  • Normal Everyday Human 50
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:45 pm
oh god, i just remembered another. i think i must have been blocking this one from my memory.

The Dollmaker. Had to read it for ninth grade english. single most depressing book i have ever read. as far as i can tell, the moral it is trying to teach is "don't move to the city because your husband will become a murderer and your children will die in various ridiculous and inhumane ways and you will inevitably sink in under the despair and crumble into little tiny pieces."

it didn't help that the teacher would go on and on about how she and the main character were total soulmates.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:58 pm
Millenium Joker
The Twilight series.

'Nuff said.

Good point. I loathe those books with a flaming fiery passion that burns through my nonexistent soul  

Lexi0927

3,850 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Voter 0

FoxyNightPrincess

Lonely Prophet

12,850 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Sunny Side Up 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:09 pm
well i have read a TON of books. in fact i prefer to buy them now over just getting them from the library because i want a library of my own in my house one day... i keep the ones i've bought but don't like in case one day if i have a kid maybe they'll like them or something... plus my sister calls my book shelf her own personal library.

the ones i hate:
L.J. Smith's night world books. i can't stand her as an author. everything is so messed up and predictable and her characters don't make any sense to me. including her vampire diaries books. i read 4 of them then i had enough. and her secret circle books. i read one and it pissed me off so much i'll never pick it up again.

inkheart. i hated those ones. they were so boring and i read the first one through and tried the second one but i just couldn't do it. they will forever be unread by me.

after the twilight books i found an explosive amount of vampire books after that and i can't stand any of them. i hate the oh he's a vampire and falls in love with a human plot. i prefer the he's a vampire and seduces the human and makes her fall in love with him so he can drink her blood and kill her plot.

also i can't get into stephen kings books. i can read a few chapters but if i put it down chances are it won't get picked up again.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:21 pm
Lord of the Flies. It's a REALLY interesting story, but the writer just makes it sound soooo boring. He has these really long and unappealing paragraphs. If you try to skip or skim through them, you end up missing something big and you just have to read over it again. I used sparknotes when I had to read it in 8th grade. The story sounded really interesting though.

I couldn't finish Across Five Aprils. I don't tend to like war books in general.  

b00_2

3,600 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Raxle

Spacey Waffles

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:29 pm
Twilight, a book series that made me feel as though I had wasted my money on. Though it was a good thing that my sister liked the books. neutral

To Kill a Mockingbird, a book that I had to read back in highschool. I still hate that book to this day.

As for The Da Vinci Code as well as Angels and Demons, they did not capture my attention at all.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:04 pm
Boy Overboard by Morris Gleitzman
By the River by Steven Herrick
I'm Not Scared by Niccolo Ammaniti
Hitler's Daughter by Jackie French
and
The Dragon in the Garden, can't remember the author.

Had to read all of them for school and they are absolutely terrible. They all have terrible plots, the best thing about any of them is the last scene of I'm Not Scared because the main character gets shot but other than that, they're terrible with a lot of unnecessary tangents and such. I'm looking forward to the day that I'm allowed to throw them all out >.>  

cre8ive_ovadose

Lonely Lunatic

17,425 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400

RADiiO SiiLENCE

Desirable Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:00 am
Honestly, I kinda dont hate Twilight as some of you guys did, and I think it has something to do with the fact I read the whole series out of order and picked up New Moon first, dont get me wrong I still hate it, but not as much, I mean while reading New Moon followed by Twilight first I realized things alot faster than most people.

To Kill a Mockingbird was such a horrible book, I'd find my self reading it out of mere boredom and fear I would fail, that and since I moved from California after finishing it up in 9th grade ffound out I had to reread it again at school or 10th grade.

Poison, cant tell you who the authur is, but that book was soo horrible the only reason I read right through was because I had paid 15 bucks out of my 20 buck a month allowence for it. Book had to many plot holes and plot options, too many possible main characters aside from who they were focusing on, and just borring as heck at some places.

Harry Potter, sorry to say but that book series is just borring to me, I couldnt get past the first chapter before selling it off to my friend for 5 bucks.

Evermore Series, I honestly think the author should have stopped in the second book where Ever tried to right her wrong, the other books just seem pointless.

Fang and Angel, I lobe the Maximum Ride Series, its because of Twilight and a friend on fanfiction.net that I fell in love with it, but James Patterson is running out of ideas it seems, and is just writing down something that would look good.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:50 am
Twilight Series and most teen vampire books. ((There are a few that I do think is fine))

To Kill a Mockingbird

Old Man and the Sea

Lord of the Flies

Tom Sawyer and Huck Finn

Little House On the Prairie  

angelmage99

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200

i am sad mami

Premium Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:06 am
SugarRos
Eragon. Worst. Book. EVER.

Gasp! I got Eragon for 3 kings way back and fell in love! I read the next two and the 4th one comes out in December. I'm reserving a book and re-reading the books over the summer.

After thinking about it, I realized that there are a lot of books I haven't liked.

~ Artemis Fowl - Read the first 2, and after that it got way too boring.
~ Football Hero - Bookclub book that was so lame I didn't get passed the 3rd page.
~ Hide in Plain Sight - I felt like I was forcing myself to read the first half of the book and then I realized that there are so many better books to read instead of wasting precious time reading that one. It was too slow I think.
~ 3 Cups of Tea - I know several people who really liked this book, but I didn't even get passed the part where he finally makes it down the mountain. It's a true story, so I guess I'll eventially pick it up again.
~ Little House On the Prarie Book 4 - Just took a turn for the boring.
~ I.Q. - Another book club book. This time it just made zero sense so I dropped it.
~ More that I can't remember at the moment.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:18 am
Also the Sookie Stackhouse books...sadly, I read up to the third book and it just died on me. sweatdrop  

Raxle

Spacey Waffles

Starrymite

7,850 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:27 am
Labyrinth by Kate Mosse, dunno why I didn't like it though... it was just not interesting  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:07 pm
Aside from Twilight ( I don't feel like I actually consider it a book ahahaha..) My Year of Meats has to be one of the worst books I've ever read. I read Of Mice and Men in high school and I found it so dull and pointless. I haven't been able to get through 20,000 leagues under the sea, either, but I guess that's because, poor stupid me, tried reading it in like Middle School... I'm going to try again one of these days, now that I am an English Major I must conquer that book.

Oh and I couldn't finish Imitation of Life, though the movie wasn't too bad.  

NekoNeko_Luna

nerdherd57

4,700 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:15 am
The first book that comes to mind for me is Across Five Aprils.
Maybe it's because they made us read it in the 6th grade and we were to young to understand it, but I found it slow, and (at least to me) not much interesting happened. I don't even remember much about the plot except it bored me.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:59 am
Twilight series- Need to say?
120 Days of Sodom- Too sadistic. I think it's good, but I don't like it.
Evermore series- I'm not into it. Almost like another copy of Twilight.
Percy Jackson- Not interested. And overrated.

I can't think of others right now. Plus, I've stopped reading House of Night series. I also don't have an interest on modern *fake* vampires' novels.  

Gurotsuki

Scurvy Winner

General Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas