Tags: Linkin Park, Contests, Hangout, Role Playing, Twilight 

Reply 20. ✿ - - - Debating
Makeup : To Wear, Or Not To Wear Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Makeup?
  It gives girls beauty and self confidence. Without makeup, imagine how many girls would enjoy looking at themself in the mirror.
  It gives girls low self-esteem. And they eventually lost all sense of beauty, relying soley on makeup to make them look pretty.
  Makeup? Oooh, I don't wear makeup. Some makeup can actually make you look worse.
  Who needs an explanation? Makeup is cool. I wear it almost everyday.
  Oooh! A poll. -clicks- Wait -- Makeup? Hehe, I wasn't even paying attention.
  I think I'll explain my opinion in my post. Polls are useless.
View Results

gas powered stick

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:19 am
ChibiLlama4
Monochrome Monster
ChibiLlama4
Ooh~! Dang girl, I remember thinking just like you.
But even though you may not think that you're pretty, who's to say that sprucing yourself up with makeup won't make you even prettier? Heck, make those other girls jealous. rofl I remember when I first started wearing makeup in High School. ALL the girls that once picked on me just stopped, and tried to find reasons to pick on me, but were never able to.
And believe me. That, is one HECK of an ego boost.
You don't have to wear anything that makes you look superficial. Go for a more natural look. Just some base, light blush, and lip gloss go a LONG way.

I don't know, I'm still not all so sure. I've tried lip gloss before...I didn't like it very much. Haha. sweatdrop Even if I wore makeup, I just don't think that I'd be able to work it. >o<

Bah, I'm sure you don't look THAT bad. I work at McDonalds. And I've seen things. Oh.. I've seen things... gonk

Lol, true.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:16 pm
Many teenage girls wear makeup to boost their self-esteem. I think this is okay but don't you want to see what's lying beneath the surface?

Personally, I don't wear makeup because it takes too much time getting it on and off.

xukshia

Conservative Genius

32,750 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Firestarter 200

MightyWonderWoman

5,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:59 pm
I used to believe that I would never wear make-up and it would never be a necessity, but as I got older and the whole image that society has created for women, it got to me and I gave in.

I wear make-up because... I don't know, I wouldn't say it makes me feel beautiful, but just more content. When people look at me, they're looking at what I have on, and because I have unpleasant (acne) skin as it is, it makes me feel a little better. Although, because I have such sensitive, oily skin, I can't wear things like liquid foundation or powder without it feeling incredibly thick or it just laying on the surface of my skin, appearing unnatural...

SO! I usually just use eyeliner and mascara on most days. The thickness of it depends on what I'm doing or where I'm going. xD

Make-up really isn't a bad thing if you're not stuck on the notion that that mask is the only thing that makes you feel beautiful.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:17 pm
Makeup is sort of like real-life photoshop (for good or bad).
I for one do wear it, just a little though (eyeliner and mascara, i couldn't even tell in pictures), for a bit of accentuating on the eyes.
Beauty is inside, makeup can be a way to express it, your face is like a canvas.
Its all a matter of choice and belief. You don't have to do it as a way of self-esteem but as a different way of expression.
Theres always a natural look like a little bit of foundation (if you can get the right colour) or concealer to hide acne.

This is relate-able to what people wear, its to express themselves, just like makeup.
And should you need some direction, there are tons of makeup gurus all over YouTube.

I don't find it that important, I just can't help but be interested as a form of art with contouring and highlighting.  

Tsukuyomi25021

GuiltyDoll

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:14 pm
yes I do wear make up for only like mascara and some light eyeshadow abd foundation.
But I agree a face is like a canvas and it's nice to "paint"the canvas once and awhile like on special occasions.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:43 pm
Is make-up important?
For me, it's not. I don't wear it everyday and I think relying on it can lower your self-esteem. I noticed a while back that mags focused on hiding 'flaws' and using make-up to make your eyes look bigger for ex. I have freckles and I heard them described as blemishes. I like them.

I wear make-up on special occasions, and for photo shoots. I wear eye shadow and lip gloss. I also like wearing blue mascara.  

kitti kat 28

6,100 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100

They Call Me Homewrecker

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:54 pm
I think it's fine, but I'd never wear it to heavily. I wear a bit of eyeliner, sometimes lipgloss, occasionally a small bit of blush. But when girls have their entire face plastered in makeup everyday, I think it's gross. Just sayin'. Especially if you're just starting. I have a friend who's parents are extremely strict. She's thirteen and now her parents are letting her wear makeup, so she puts way too much on, and looks worse than without makeup. Just because you've just started to wear it doesn't mean you can go crazy.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:33 pm
I don't care for make up. I don't like it.
Well, that's not true. I like pink lipstain. Just to give my lips a slight reddish-tint, you know? That's it. I don't even wear lipstain though.
Other then that, I think makeup's a little... I dunno.
Not right.

The only time I actually wear makeup is for Halloween. So I don't think that counts.
Honestly, I highly doubt I'd wear makeup even to my wedding,
but we'll see what Future Genean thinks when it comes to that.

alienli

Friendly Tipper

Rococonut

Precious Sweetheart

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:41 pm
I feel more adorable without make up on xD
I never really liked make up on me
I don't like taking time in the morning when I could be sleeping
And I look and feel cuter without so I'm good :3  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:57 pm
I don't wear make-up very often because I'm a tomboy so I don't like wearing make-up or wearing dresses or heels or anything like that. I don't think there is anything wrong with girls wearing make-up if they want it is up to them. but I prefer not to wear it at all except for special occasions when it comes to weddings or when I need to look like a character I'm cosplaying other then that I usually only wear lip gloss.  

moonlight_peach12

Romantic Nerd

15,325 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Converting 1 item 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:32 pm
User Image

I love make up.
however i don't think you should cake it on your face to the point of looking like a hooker. that is tacky.
I think a lttle is alright.

I like eyeliner, eye shadow, and mascara.
Oh and chapstick.

But that is it for me.

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:41 pm
i wear makeup almost daily. i love makeup. it's an art form. i look foward to waking up half an hour before school starts to do my makeup. i don't wear a whole lot, but i like to play around with it to see what makes my eyes pop and brings out my naturally beautiful features, like my eyebrows or eyelashes. i wear foundation, concealer(only when i absolutely need it), eyeshadow(for eyeliner, too), mascara, blush, and chapstick. it sounds like a lot, but i know how to wear it so it doesn't look like i'm wearing half of it.  

Cold Oktober

RainbowAlpacaz

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:44 pm
I wear it daily.
It makes me feel pertty, lol.
But I never pile it on.
Eyeliner on the bottom lid, Mascara (lots), and cover up. Occasioanlly eye-shadow.
I prefer the natural look n.n  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:30 pm
I like makeup, but I don't go overboard. I don't think it's something that you should use to completely alter your appearance. I think you should enhance what you have. And have a bit of fun with it, which is why I like to throw on eyeliner. Anyway, here's what I use and why:
-Tinted Moisturizer, to even out my skin tone
-Translucent powder, it keeps my skin matte
-Clear Mascara, it's like hair gel for your eyelashes, and it's super subtle.
-Black eyeliner on my upper lashline, just because I like it. If I'm feeling colorful I'll use navy blue instead of black.
-Lip Balm(aka, Chapstick)
And sometimes I use lipstain if I want to wear something with color on my lips.It's more natural looking than lip gloss and lipstick. And you can't feel it on your lips, either. Other lip products feel heavy and gross, but not lipstain!

All in all, what I wear isn't noticeable, except for the eyeliner of course. x3  

Harley91594

Wheezing Lunatic

5,350 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Sarah_ursweetheart

2,200 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:07 pm
no i dont wear make-up mainly cuz my momma wont let meh sweatdrop but its not important especially when its little girls wearing it for those stupid toddler pageants stressed but i did wear makeup when i was little but it was required for ballet recitals razz

but i do have a very very low self-esteem and i dont find my self beautiful at all but my bf says i am but he has a very low self-esteem to smile  
20. ✿ - - - Debating

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff