View Results

Demon Born of Ashes

Dangerous Genius

6,500 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Hunter 50
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:51 am
uuum well i don't read books much but i'd have to say women edge out in the favorate catigory...they just seem to be better at in depth plots.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:38 am
VenusRain
I have more male authors on my bookshelf if we're going by authors alone (and we count CLAMP as a single entity), but Mercedes Lackey's fantasy novels dominate it; more than half of my books are by her.

If we go by the books that I do not personally own, male authors win again, although it's because at least two of the writers we keep around can't stop writing. (Oh hello thar Robert Jordan and Tad Williams, how are your slowly-expanding "trilogies" doing?)

...And with this I realize that my talents all lie in male-dominated industries. *facedesk*

Good taste! Mercedes Lackey, Robert Jordan and Tad Williams are amazing :3

I cried when Robert Jordan died, though, and I haven't been able to bring myself to read the later books of "The Wheel of Time" by Brandon Sanderson (I think one of which just came out last night)...

Glaciofluvial

Glaciofluvial

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:41 am
I have a pretty even mix of male and female authors as both favorites as well as those lying on my bookshelf. I do find that the 'classic' books that I read tend to be by men but I feel as though it's good to keep in mind that historically the majority of the 'classics' have been by male authors because women were not seen as 'intellectuals' and were likely to get published.  
General Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff