Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Ancient Lands! [4e] Ch1: Arrival & Welcome Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

You want gold.
  Yes.
View Results

joe-dude667

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:32 am
The Drow's conversation with the Overland Elf and the Halfling was cut short by the gentle bump of the smaller ship hitting their large boat. Living underground her entire life, all boats looked unusual to Kaz. This new boat was certainly no stranger looking then the one she was stood on to her. Though the man definitely looked strange to her. When he shouted jump, Kaz couldn't help but laugh.

"I've put up with a lot the last few days. Things that I am personally well above. But if you think I'm jumping off onto that, you can think again!" The Witch shouted down to the man wearing even less than she was. After her speech, some of the other members decided to follow his orders. They now laid in a heap on the floor, in pain. As funny as this is, Kaz didn't want to break character. The Overland Elf was still on board, so Kaz walked over and held her hand.

"You can't make us poor woman do that, we'll hurt ourselves!" Kaz said, looking deadly serious. Inside she was thinking how a fall like that would probably barely phase her, but why did that mean she had to degrade herself like that?

"Think of another way."  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:26 pm
The fisherman would scratch his nappy head, and would proceed to pat the large ship. He would speak a strange tongue at the Drow, ending his strange sentence with 'jump!'.  

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50

Manozz55

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:57 pm
Darben got up holding his back. The impact was not kind to him at all, "Are you crazy mate?! If you wanted us to jump you could 'ave at least made sure we had a soft landing!" After that he grumbled a bit before looking up to the woman who was shouting down at the captain, "Well your ladyship, I could try shootin' the side of da boat with my crossbow. With some rope attached to it so you can slide down. But other than that I see no options." He would then proceed to take off his backpack and search for the rope that was located inside.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:32 pm
Rosco would rub his head, looking over at the captain who spoke in a strange dialect. "Hey! Hey you! That was the worst featherfall spell I've ever seen! And you call yourself a boat wizard..."

Observing his insistence, he would holler up to the ladies up top. "HE SEEMS PRETTY SURE THAT HE WANTS TO SEE YOU JUMP! IF WE'RE GOING TO BE TRAVELING COMPANIONS, WHAT OTHER WAY TO GET OFF ON THE RIGHT FOOT THAN BREAKING IT? AM I RIGHT?"

Looking over to Darben, he would pound one fist into his other open palm. "Rope! Why didn't I think of that?!" he exclaimed with a large grin. "Rope..." he repeated again, trailing off.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa rolled 1 10-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-10)

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:41 pm
DM-requested Psiony goodness.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:46 pm
Ariana sighed at the three injured passangers in the boat below. While rogue scoured his bag for rope, Ariana deftly removed hers and tied a tight knot from the handrail and dropped it into the boat, lowering herself inside.
"Really, it shouldn't be that difficult to board a boat" she said, rolling her eyes ever so slightly. She then looked up at the drow woman still remaining above her. "Are you coming?"  

Ziekara

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:25 pm
Fasrogen shoves the spiked chain links up onto his shoulders and holds out his arms. "Here! I'll catch you! Just jump already!"  
SporkMaster5000 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 14 Total: 14 (1-20)
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:55 pm
Oris stepped one foot up onto the rail of the ship when the fisherman demanded the travelers jump and leaped into the air. He seemed to soar upward as though flying, before falling down to the ship below. While he was very graceful, it was a long way down, not helped by his leaping upward instead of just hopping down.

((edit: oh wait, i forgot that's trained only. Oris busts his a**.))  

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100

joe-dude667

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:58 am
"Thank you my darling." Kaz said to the Overworld Elf as she inappropriately stroked her cheek. She then proceeded to climb down the rope onto the boat.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:11 am
Oris, ye take a juicy 8 damage from that fall!  

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:10 am
Fasrogen swallows and suddenly wishes the dark elf had leapt into his arms anyway.

Although she did wig him out a little. . .  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:36 pm
Darben quit rumbling through his pack as he noticed that a rope dropped in front of him. Meaning that they had already tied a rope to the ship and were about to slide down, "Well, now why didn't we think of dat? Oh well, no since in fussin over it now." Quietly he continued, "Even if that did feel like an orc runnin' me over."  

Manozz55

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:13 pm
The fisherman waited for a while, just in case there was another wimpy adventurer not wanting to jump down. When it was clear this was the lot of it, he exclaimed something in his tongue. He turned around, facing the adventurers, and would let out words after words of his version of common, which he ended with patting his chest twice, and saying, in YOUR version of common, "me, Tenzin." After that, he kept speaking his common, though now he was physically showing the party to hold on to horizontal loops of rope that were tied around the mast.

Once the party did what he requested, he hoisted the sail. It wasn't long before the ship got to full speed. And you would feel the burst of speed, as your bodies were jerked back the moment the ship got a good draft of wind. This small ship was going FAST. Faster than anything you've seen so far, it almost felt as if it was floating above the water.

Once you cleared the fog, you could see in the distance your destination: that big, uncharted, untamed land. It stretched into the horizon on both sides. At this speed, it wouldn't take longer than 30 minutes to reach mainland.

Those of you versed in the Arcane arts, you would feel a very strong arcane presence the closer you got to the land. Those of you versed in Divine arts would feel both a void, and at the same time serenity. Those Psionic ones in the party- all 1 1/2 of you- would feel chaos in your mind, the kind of chaos that could perhaps be shaped. Those of a more Primal side of things would feel untamed spirits and wilderness.

No matter your source of power or origin, this land felt like it was EVERYWHERE. It felt chaotic, yet calm. Empty, yet full.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:25 pm
Not wanting to lose his stuff, Rosco would strap the backpack to his back, tightening the buckles. He would give the captain man a salute for a go-ahead that he was ready, before gripping the ropes tightly.

"We're almost to our destination, brave adventurers! This is the easy pa-"

Then the wind REALLY caught the sails.

"YES! YES! YESSS!" he would yell out over the whistling winds, nearly blinded by the speed and the spray of salty ocean upon his... well, he's a Halfling, so upon his everywhere!  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

joe-dude667

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:12 am
As the ship flew onwards through the fog, Kaz had to shield her eyes from the sun. But this time it didn't bother her nearly as much, for she could now see the island. Just one glance and she could feel the arcane power flowing from it. Her intuition was right, there was power here. Great power.

Gripping the side hard, she turned her head to the "captain", before realising he wouldn't speak a word of Common. Instead she decided to try and talk to the other passengers.

"How many people live on this island do you think?" She shouted over the sound of waves and ocean.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff