Submit

Shanna66
Captain

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:19 am
ive heard of some enjoying chilling on the surface, but most of the time they just sit at the botton in their little zen poses. they get along with just about anything. corries and guppies will be fine with one

@ 11 Cardinal 11

thanks for telling everyone my plants are fake XD  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:18 pm
Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
envies... oouu, sand does make a nice substrate! And I love those... what are they called? rocks lol.

@Shanna, that's basically what I need but in 10g.

Now here's how stupid I am. Who's plants are real and who's are fake?

Yeah. Mister and Plutto's tank is an El Natural Planted tank. No filter media (filter in general is pretty much opptional), lightly stocked, heavily planted, and very little water changes. Of course, mines not heavily planted anough to have to skip water changes, but I only have to do like 25-ish% every week. Everything is live except the ones that arent green lol  

Akari_32

Akari_32

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:23 pm
Shanna66
ive heard of some enjoying chilling on the surface, but most of the time they just sit at the botton in their little zen poses. they get along with just about anything. corries and guppies will be fine with one

Actually, I wouldnt keep them with any other foraging bottom feeders, like Corries. I kept my ADF girls with 3 Panda Corries, and they got skinny fast. They are really stupid, and practiaclly blind, so they dont get much to eat in community tanks, uness you can target feed them with a turkey baster.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:58 am
I just started my tank again a day or so ago. I got a picture of one of my little Pink Kissing Gourami :') It's a little blurry since it was taken with my cellular.

User Image

zaZombie Pie

Shanna66
Captain

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:56 am
Akari_32
Shanna66

Actually, I wouldnt keep them with any other foraging bottom feeders, like Corries. I kept my ADF girls with 3 Panda Corries, and they got skinny fast. They are really stupid, and practiaclly blind, so they dont get much to eat in community tanks, uness you can target feed them with a turkey baster.

well yeah there is that, but thats why its good to hand feed them. even if there werent any other bottom feeders i still dont know how well they would eat unless the food is right infront of them XD  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:33 am
Shanna66
Akari_32
Shanna66

well yeah there is that, but thats why its good to hand feed them. even if there werent any other bottom feeders i still dont know how well they would eat unless the food is right infront of them XD

My girls learned to go their respective corners of the tank (Kari liked to eat all the food, so Starr had to fed away from her) when it was time to eat. They would have waited there for hours I think lol Starr even learned how to come up to the surface for flake food! That was cute lol Its all about getting them on a schedual, and then really sticking with it. Once they learn it, they stick to it better then their owners do  

Akari_32

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:29 pm
Most ADFs need to be target fed, regardless of tank mates. Some just will not eat unless there is a worm dangling right in front of their nose. Others will eat no matter what. Always watch them at feeding time to make sure they are getting enough food. Shallow tanks are best because they breathe air, a 10g is fine. They like to have other froggy friends to hide behind. They mind their own business, so as long as none of your other fish are aggressive they'll do fine with anyone.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:28 pm
Okays~! Well here's a few we used to have. But then we moved and had to give them away etc. - -' I don't have pics of all of the fish we had but I suppose these'll do alright for now. ^^ The dates give away that these guys were from a while back. I can't find the other pics we have of our other fish though. stare

Here's the angel fish. He sure was very mellow. ^^
User Image

And our rainbow tetra that I named Flicky. T^T I miss saying hi to him every morning and watching the little guy swim around. He always swam up to the tank to me whenever I went to say hi.
User Image

Then Blackie. I think you can guess which one he is (No worries. Even I know goldfish stay with goldfish. rolleyes ) We had him years before the other fish. He has his own personal story too. ^.^ This pic was from our friends who kept him, so I have no idea about the other goldfish.
sweatdrop
User Image  

Luna Hotaru

7,550 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Generous 100

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:15 pm
I am necroing this simply cause I'm still setting up my tank and I need inspiration plus until I get my fishy I still wana show off how awesome it is looking.  
Pictures

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff