Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
What scares you, Suites? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

"Aw man...Why did it have to be..."
  "Snakes?"
  "Clowns?"
View Results

Renard Muldrake

Clean Capitalist

6,200 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:59 pm
Den Dristige Djevelen
~*~

Oh, and Furbies.

~*~
AH ******** GOD YES. Furby's who the hell thought they were a good idead?
GUH.
Giant creepy eyes, & s**t.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:19 pm
Legitimately: stilt walking clowns. Specifically. I know where it comes from/started, a festival when I was really little.

I don’t mind stilt walkers, I don’t mind clowns, but stilt walking clowns scare the s**t out of me.

I was working a gig last year and there were two there and I had a full on break down, it was humiliating. At first everyone thought it was a joke, but then they realised I wasn’t kidding. It didn’t help that they were all like “oh, don’t look now but they’re at the next stage” and stuff.
( I have the feeling I've told this story before.... )

The idea of being buried alive is a little scary too, but stilt walking clowns are terrifying.

diffun

iceryu66

Aged Hunter

6,150 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Voter 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:15 pm
Snakes and the white man  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:18 pm
I don't have any panic-inducing fears or things that I'll scream or run in horror from. However, I'm paranoid and anxious about gas (carbon monoxide poisoning, the house blowing up, etc.), people breaking into my house, and irresponsible/distracted drivers.

Edit: Also, snakes dressed as clowns. 8D
(Though in reality I'd probably just find that amusing.)  

Szen
Vice Captain

6,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Akuma Dulcet

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:30 pm
Spiders. I scream when I see one. Especially daddy longlegs, which...aren't technically spiders but they're creepy longlegged things therefore I consider it a spider. And CRANE FLIES. Omg. They're like FLYING daddy longlegs. It terrifies the crap outta me, let me tell you....  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:09 pm
Renard Muldrake
Den Dristige Djevelen
~*~

Oh, and Furbies.

~*~
GUH.

My reaction to them is also KILL IT WITH FIRE.

But not because they scare me; those little bastards are sooooo annoying. However, I could see how they would scare someone. Those little bastards and their bastardly b*****d stare of bastardhood, are right smack dab in the middle of the uncanny valley.

Nexus Carbuncle

scrub
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:42 pm
I don't really have any fears. It's quiet hard to make me panic about anything.

Since I came off I'm a little scared every time I ride my motorbike on the highways, I'd not fallen off in the 2 years I'd be riding so it really dented my confidence :/  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:33 am
Heights. Ooooooooh god.

I remember how it started to. @.@
I was 4, first time on the "big kid" swing...Dad was pushing me, I went really high up and felt my butt move off the seat. I thought I was going to fall off, but I didn't. But I've been afraid of heights since... o-o;

edit: Oh and...Heh. <.< My dad doesn't let me watch Discovery channel when they are doing shows on.....Jupiter. I'm serious. xD; I have panic attacks. I can watch things on other planters...but Jupiter for some reason sends me into hyperventilation. <.<  

Violette PureHeart

Liberal Smoker

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Guildmember 100

Fuji_hobo_jacket

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:49 am
Holy s**t. There's a whole lotta oldbies in this here thread. O_O HI GUYS!

Anyway, I don't see it as irrational but I'm terrified that someone in my family is going to get in a bad accident/become extremely ill while I'm at college. Sometimes it's a pain in the a** trying to get a ticket to/from here short notice because of all the tourists, so the idea that my mom/dad/brother/etc. will be in the hospital and possibly die and I'm stuck on this rock terrifies the s**t out of me.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:26 am
What scares me is that this article on Heart of Darkness and the necessity of a signifying system (plot) in literature is making more sense to me after an all-nighter/Mountain Dew binge than it did when I tried to read it in sober, waking sanity.

I hate theory. I hate it with a passion. But if I can pull off my second paper of the night, I'll buy stock in whatever company manufactures the Dew.

TL;DR I'm afraid of going crazy. Or that I am/will be crazy. Eventually. If I'm not there already. Most days lately I feel like it.  

Primordial Nothing

lgtenos

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:32 am
Honestly, not finding a job after graduating from the university.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:13 am
I have a fear of Parrots (I don't trust them)
small dogs (too jumpy and loud, reminds me of my dad that used to hide behind my door and jump out and scream at me)
Centipedes/millipedes
Anything that is meant to pop out at you (pop up screamers, jack in the boxes) s**t like that. DX
Oh and I'm claustrophobic, but only with large crowds. Small places make me feel safe because large crowds can't fit there.

I'm also afraid of falling, not heights, but falling. Ever since my dads accident at work (he was an ironworker and he fell twenty five feet) I'm just afraid of falling off anything.  

Cynnergy

High-functioning Gekko

7,075 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Timid 100

Den Dristige Djevelen

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:40 pm
Nexus Carbuncle
Renard Muldrake
Den Dristige Djevelen
~*~

Oh, and Furbies.

~*~
GUH.

But not because they scare me; those little bastards are sooooo annoying. However, I could see how they would scare someone. Those little bastards and their bastardly b*****d stare of bastardhood, are right smack dab in the middle of the uncanny valley.
~*~

My first experience with a Furby was at a friend's house, and they whipped it out like it was the best thing ever. I was like, "o.O The ******** is that?" but went with it anyway because, well, perhaps it would be fun to play with.
So she put it on the floor and it started rolling its eyes around and yelling and THEN, the batteries went low so its voice got all distorted and Vader-like, and its cute little "I'm going to get you" turned into "I'm going to get you and tie you up and slice you into fourteen pieces which I will then distribute among various deserted islands to be eaten by crabs."
Six-year-old Dris was quite upset.

And OH. MY. GOD. PRIMMYPRIMPRIMPRIMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

Where the hell did you and Toast go?

~*~

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:12 am
Snakes. When I was four I was almost bitten by one. Since then I've been terrified of them.  

Lil Orchid Jenny

Dedicated Seeker

10,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Junimaia

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:39 pm
Den Dristige Djevelen
Nexus Carbuncle
Renard Muldrake
Den Dristige Djevelen
~*~

Oh, and Furbies.

~*~
GUH.

~*~

My first experience with a Furby was at a friend's house, and they whipped it out like it was the best thing ever. I was like, "o.O The ******** is that?" but went with it anyway because, well, perhaps it would be fun to play with.
So she put it on the floor and it started rolling its eyes around and yelling and THEN, the batteries went low so its voice got all distorted and Vader-like, and its cute little "I'm going to get you" turned into "I'm going to get you and tie you up and slice you into fourteen pieces which I will then distribute among various deserted islands to be eaten by crabs."
Six-year-old Dris was quite upset.

And OH. MY. GOD. PRIMMYPRIMPRIMPRIMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

Where the hell did you and Toast go?

~*~
When they first came out, I made my parents buy me a furby for christmas cause I thought they were the cutest things ever. But then at one point the batteries went low, and my furby started talking gibberish. So I gave it the ol' smack to get it working right again, and its eyes rolled back and let out this piercing "EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" for like 10 minutes flat and wouldn't stop even after I took the batteries out D: Eventually I just hucked it into wall to get it to shut up. Now whenever I turn the damn thing on it just sits there quietly staring and wiggling about when it sees me. Hell no. Never again....  
The Suites

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff