Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Services

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili services, soquili, horse, fantasy breedables, native america 

Reply Feedback Forum
[I] Purewalker Availability [Oyohusa says: being addressed!] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pepzilla

Greedy Capitalist

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:58 pm
Mutants were supposed to be wide-spread.

Theyre still under very strict limitations and only available through bribes/events

How come there is significantly more mutants than purewalkers?  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:00 pm
@Jynk: I don't think anyone is suggesting they should become EASY to get. But having a handful of customs a year, and/or a handful of events a years is HARDLY "wide spread" when you consider there are like... upwards of a couple HUNDRED people who would consider themselves Soquili regulars?

I just don't like how right now you have to be staff, be able to beat out other people in a giant multi million gold auction, or cough up real life cash on Sirenz's very rare IRL slots.

Everyone should have the OPPORTUNITY to try for one every now and then without a special "in"

Kamiki

Fandom Fox

20,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Jynk

Cuddly Krampus

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:01 pm
King Inversitle
How come there is significantly more mutants than purewalkers?

Events and semi-customs out of control.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:02 pm
I think you're wrong Jynk. People want more purewalkers, the shop should respond. Supply and demand works here on Gaia as well. If we, the customers demand more purewalkers, then the shop should supply them. However, I do agree it should be limited and I think it should be as was mentioned. If you have a purewalker, you can't get them through the freebie events.

You want to see more, yet you don't want just anyone to get one? Why not? I'd like to know why you'd like to prevent people from getting such an awesome soquili that would be so much fun to RP. I think they challenge people to go outside of their comfort zone. Not many like to play truly evil characters.

It used to be available in customs? Why was it taken out? Did anyone give a reason for it?

Kamiki: Exactly, not all of us have an 'in' like a family member on staff.  

Yuuka Kurokawa

Romantic Elder

8,625 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250

Jynk

Cuddly Krampus

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:02 pm
Kamiki
@Jynk: I don't think anyone is suggesting they should become EASY to get. But having a handful of customs a year, and/or a handful of events a years is HARDLY "wide spread" when you consider there are like... upwards of a couple HUNDRED people who would consider themselves Soquili regulars?

I just don't like how right now you have to be staff, be able to beat out other people in a giant multi million gold auction, or cough up real life cash on Sirenz's very rare IRL slots.

Everyone should have the OPPORTUNITY to try for one every now and then without a special "in"

I don't think custom pures are a good idea. More availability via events is fine.. I'm surprised there aren't more than one or two pures in events, but i just think custom pures will be a bad idea and too easy to go too far away from what the breed is supposed to be.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:04 pm
Absolutely purewalkers should be rare. But so rare that only those who are insanely rich or on the staff should be allowed a chance to get one? Or maybe the once-a-year event that maybe - maybe will let you have a chance at one? That's a little too rare, and a little unfair to those who can't have a chance because they don't have the same amount of gold as someone else or can't afford RL commissions.

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

CheshireKttty

Magical Cat

13,600 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:05 pm
I'm not entirely sure how customed pures are going to be 'bad'? As long as they have strict guide lines I don't see the issues. And until someone actually gives me legitimate reasons I think they should be reinstated.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:06 pm
I agree there should be more chances for -everyone- to get purewalkers. Perhaps not customs, but more ways to win them in events that don't require an a** load of gold. Rp contests, for one.  

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

Cheri

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:07 pm

In theory, stamping them with "event only" is very nice. In practice, events come up so rarely that once again we are left with the problem that they are more or less only available via staff credits and RL customs.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:07 pm
Yuuka Kurokawa
It used to be available in customs? Why was it taken out? Did anyone give a reason for it?

I think, if I remember right, it was said they cut them off from customs so pures could stay rare. But I can't remember if there was anything else said. I vaguely recall conversations comparing them to winds and how winds were supposed to be rare/uncommon but there were a million of them around at that point, so they weren't really that rare anymore, and didn't want pures to turn into that same situation.  

Calixita

Crew

Wild Creature

63,800 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0

StarieMichie

Unicorn

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:08 pm
You know what. I spent my ENTIRE INVENTORY that I had saved up since '04 to be able to win the WoW PW auction, and I still want to see more purewalkers given out. I don't want them common. I just want to see more people win them than have been.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:08 pm
Yuuka Kurokawa
I think you're wrong Jynk. People want more purewalkers, the shop should respond. Supply and demand works here on Gaia as well. If we, the customers demand more purewalkers, then the shop should supply them. However, I do agree it should be limited and I think it should be as was mentioned. If you have a purewalker, you can't get them through the freebie events.

You want to see more, yet you don't want just anyone to get one? Why not? I'd like to know why you'd like to prevent people from getting such an awesome soquili that would be so much fun to RP. I think they challenge people to go outside of their comfort zone. Not many like to play truly evil characters.

Kamiki: Exactly, not all of us have an 'in' like a family member on staff.

Supply and demand don't work the same in a B/C shop. Some things are supposed to be rare and not wide-spread. If pures were meant to be available to everyone around, then they'd be the most common breed around. They're not, though. They are not supposed to be all over the place.

Also, don't put words in my mouth. I do want others to have them, but not as customs or in flaffles. Events are fine. And still within limited reason. Did I say i wanted to prevent anyone from getting any soq? No. I just don't think taking the rarest breed and suddenly making it a common sight is doing the breed justice. The fun of RPing something so challenging is that, hey, there aren't that many.

It was taken out of customs because Sirenz wanted them rare. What other reason needs to be given?

And if that last bit was a dig at me or Kamiki, I no longer have a family member on staff and I'm sure Kamiki can't get a pure whenever she wants, either.  

Jynk

Cuddly Krampus

Pepzilla

Greedy Capitalist

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:11 pm
@Jynk- Actually given Soq's population of customers, there is an unbalanced ratio of purewalkers being distributed. I would need a list of all purewalkers to do the actual math but their availability is actually TOO rare, discouragingly rare so that only certain TYPES of customers get them on the very RARE occasion they are given out  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:12 pm
CheshireKttty
I'm not entirely sure how customed pures are going to be 'bad'? As long as they have strict guide lines I don't see the issues. And until someone actually gives me legitimate reasons I think they should be reinstated.

You ever cruise the customs and see a soq someone wants made and go "what the? why? why would you make a horse like that?" Come on, you know you've seen at least one that made you have that reaction. Well, how about people doing wildly out of character things with Soqs? Or having cosplays that probably should not be made into horses? Now... imagine that but with purewalkers.

Custom purewalkers = too easy to be ooc with them.

And maybe the issue here shouldn't be so much of "more pures for everyone!" (sounds like a campaign slogan), but more pures given out in events and more events per year.  

Jynk

Cuddly Krampus

Jynk

Cuddly Krampus

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:13 pm
King Inversitle
@Jynk- Actually given Soq's population of customers, there is an unbalanced ratio of purewalkers being distributed. I would need a list of all purewalkers to do the actual math but their availability is actually TOO rare, discouragingly rare so that only certain TYPES of customers get them on the very RARE occasion they are given out

Hence having more events per year and more pures per event to give out... and not just through auctions. A low ratio is no reason to suddenly explode the population of a breed that is meant to be rare.  
Feedback Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff