Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Services

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili services, soquili, horse, fantasy breedables, native america 

Reply Feedback Forum
[S] Events for people that dont win events? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What do you think? *insert catchy phrase here*
I like the idea!
47%
 47%  [ 31 ]
Not really a fan of this, sorry :C
52%
 52%  [ 34 ]
Total Votes : 65

Syaoran-Puu

Enduring Werewolf

10,275 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:34 pm
Etherial Requiem

Well its also 'not fair' to those of us who can only get horses by paying out the a** for them =/
Agrees with this.

I have never won anything free at the store (not for lack of trying), nor have I won a FS or game.
I am not complaining, because I know that the store is really popular but it does seem (similar to breedings and customs I suppose) that the same people win free stuff alot, I have seen people win two FS or more in a row.....

So maybe, rather than having something that can be tracked maybe a slight alteration to the rules? For example, if you win an FS in -lets say July, then you can't try again until October.... two month cooling off period in the middle.

I do agree that it's seems unrealistic to consider to tracking events... people will lie, unfortunitly, but you also have the issue that threads are moved and lost and people don't always collect links until they are needed.

I however don't think it should matter how many soquili you have. I don't believe it is fair that those who have a larger herd and have probably been collecting them for YEARS should be penalised too much, I love newbie slots and opportunities for newbies but do not believe it should be taken out on oldbies to do so.

More events, free events and games would be nice.... even if you don't win they are really fun to take part in.
That said... more I can participate in (GMT time XD) would also be great, lots of the dice games are held at like midnight-4am for me, and with a baby thats impossible to stay up for. I have said this before, and although I am not asking that every game be on at a time that I can enter it would be nice to see a few more -maybe on a weekend when its more convient for the person running it to be on around lunch time for them.... *shrug*

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:34 pm
RNGs just don't care whether its a 5 year old shop reg or a newbie who found the shop today. I do think that there should be games in events geared to those who have never won based on an honor system. If that person is found to be lying they they'd be DQ'd from future events.  

Sirenz

Blessed Kin

11,825 Points
  • Striking Knight 150
  • Dragon Uprising 75
  • Energy Harvester 150

darknightcavalier

Obsessed Dreamer

9,775 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:38 pm
Sirenz
RNGs just don't care whether its a 5 year old shop reg or a newbie who found the shop today. I do think that there should be games in events geared to those who have never won based on an honor system. If that person is found to be lying they they'd be DQ'd from future events.

This please. Loyalty system can work here. I mean, lots of people have been around here for a long time and been paying for their stuff but haven't won anything for free.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:40 pm

Thank you to those of you actually trying to post some feedback/help/ideas.

Puu, I agree also with herd size.

As for tracking, it was just an idea since that was the first question asked, or rather stated, but I by all means cant even pretend to know how everything works behind the scenes and should, so its nice to hear some input on this as well rather than just slamming it down.

Hopefully, we can come to a solution as a think-tank instead of just saying 'Nope, sorry,' and moving on.

Ktns

Lunatic

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:42 pm
Play nice children.

We have lowluck for breedings, I think we've even had lowluck or custom newbie custom slots. I don't see why events should be different.

It might not be easy to regulate, but if we can find a way, I'd like to see it happen.

Jade~ She -has- given up millions for soqs.

Now let's everyone be nice to eachother.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:48 pm
I like Syaoran's idea of a cooldown period, to me that seems pretty fair. Just like is done in customs and breeding type things.

And I think LL flaffle slots could work, I mean yes it is an honour system but personally I think most people (especially those who hang around the shop) are pretty honest and wouldn't want to risk lying and being disqualified from future events or whatever the punishment may be. Also if someone did lie, it's likely there would be at the very least one or two other people who would notice, after all you notice when someone gets a new soquili, whether it be from breeding or event. 3nodding  

Tamiko_kitten

Sparkly Gekko

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:54 pm
I also like Sya's idea of a cooldown period between event winnings. I've seen the same people win a flatsale/flaffle in May, then again in June, which, you know, can be a little disheartening. We all know the RNG likes to screw us all over at times, so I think a cooldown period could be a really good idea.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:57 pm

I also like Sya's idea of a CD. Im thinking more of max 2 FS pets a year kinda thing. Gives lots of other people lots of chances. IDK tho

Ktns

Lunatic

darknightcavalier

Obsessed Dreamer

9,775 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:58 pm
Cooldown in between Flaffles/FS please. Also limit for event wins? Like 1 soq and 1 familiar over the whole event? (1 paid for whether raffle or auction and 1 for a game. Or only 1 from the whole event to give everyone else a chance to win.)  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:00 pm
I'd like to say that it's really a personal choice to pay a lot for Soq, and that auctions are event pets (since, I mean, auctions only happen in events and are themed and stuff).

I LOVE the idea though of putting a cap on how often you can be rolled in FSes and/or raffles though. Or even more in-thread secret stuff for regulars (um, which means I'd have to crawl my a** into the main thread sometimes) would be cool. But, think of it this way: You have Soq you paid a lot for, but don't have any cheeper event ones. There are people who have free ones that, although they love deeply, they drool over the ones that people have paid a lot of gold/RL money for.

I mean, I made out like a bandit in the WoW event. I won an auction, a freebie, a raffle pet, and a familiar, but I was almost BRAND NEW to Soq. The only one I had before was one that a friend was nice enough to co-own with me. It felt pretty good as a newbie to see that maybe this big shop wasn't so bad after all, and that pets could be won.  

StarieMichie

Unicorn

Calixita

Crew

Wild Creature

63,800 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:02 pm
darknightcavalier
Cooldown in between Flaffles/FS please. Also limit for event wins? Like 1 soq and 1 familiar over the whole event? (1 paid for whether raffle or auction and 1 for a game. Or only 1 from the whole event to give everyone else a chance to win.)

They already do have limits up for events. The general rule has usually been one person can only win one auction pet, one freebie pet, and one familiar (and one paid raffle pet if there is one).  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:05 pm

First of all, Im of the mind of, if you dont like a Soq dont try for it. Let someone else have a chance that will love it more than you if you are iffy.

Sure its great to be a newbie and win lots of Soq at once, but again, its also nice to have loyalty to a shop and not always have to sell an arm and leg.

Ktns

Lunatic

That Artemis
Crew

Devoted Heckler

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:05 pm
If it's just a matter of keeping track of who won things and when, I know that in every event/raffle/contest there's usually a list of people who participated/won things. Like mass raffles for example; you have the winners list right? Just, copy and paste those types of lists into a 'history' thread somewhere in the bowels of the services guild and slap a date on each winners list.

Then it's just a matter of ctrl+f and a name. You don't even have to search everyone's names as they enter, just search the winner and if you find them they get greylisted for lying or something and you reroll.

If that made sense...x_x  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:13 pm
JadeEye
I haven't won a single free pony or anything cheaply for soq from any event, just FYI (And I have well over 30)....and I don't see how it's unfair. I tried, I lost...it's just bad luck. Having events where 'losers' play to try and win only results in 'losers' losing again. XD

I agree wholly with this.
I understand, oh do I understand the frustration of trying and trying and trying to win something but it never happening. I was a part of the shop for 3 years before I was gifted with my first soq. 3 years of trying in every event. It just takes patience and working hard for what you want.
I'm -not- saying that none of you work hard to win pets in events, I'm just saying it takes that AND the patience to just keep at it.

Syaoran-Puu

I have never won anything free at the store (not for lack of trying), nor have I won a FS or game.
I am not complaining, because I know that the store is really popular but it does seem (similar to breedings and customs I suppose) that the same people win free stuff alot, I have seen people win two FS or more in a row.....

So maybe, rather than having something that can be tracked maybe a slight alteration to the rules? For example, if you win an FS in -lets say July, then you can't try again until October.... two month cooling off period in the middle.

I do agree that it's seems unrealistic to consider to tracking events... people will lie, unfortunitly, but you also have the issue that threads are moved and lost and people don't always collect links until they are needed.

I however don't think it should matter how many soquili you have. I don't believe it is fair that those who have a larger herd and have probably been collecting them for YEARS should be penalised too much, I love newbie slots and opportunities for newbies but do not believe it should be taken out on oldbies to do so.

More events, free events and games would be nice.... even if you don't win they are really fun to take part in.
That said... more I can participate in (GMT time XD) would also be great, lots of the dice games are held at like midnight-4am for me, and with a baby thats impossible to stay up for. I have said this before, and although I am not asking that every game be on at a time that I can enter it would be nice to see a few more -maybe on a weekend when its more convient for the person running it to be on around lunch time for them.... *shrug*

First - I am really, truly, sorry that you have never won in a FS/Raffle/Game. I really am. And I completely agree with the idea of colorists moving outside of their comfort zone when they can and hosting games at times they normally wouldn't. -Or- hosting 24 hour+ games for those in different timezones. That makes sense.

That said - You have won how many auctions in the past year with this shop? It's 'not fair' that you feel that's the only way for you to get new soquili, but it is still a choice. A choice that you make each auction. I have won in one auction and my partner I both made the choice to give up our most valuable items for them. I do not regret doing so in the least. It was our decision to do so. Just as it is your decision to do so as well.

I feel that, personally, this is a matter of "the grass is always greener on the other side". But if you look at it like Michie said- A lot of the soquili you have are ones that people would die to have gotten. You have one-of-a-kind soquili with traits and mutations that no one else will be able to have unless -you- gift them with your soq's offspring. You have total control over that. If I wanted to I could then go and make my own thread about how people who have won an auction in the last event shouldn't be allowed to bid again for another three events. But that wouldn't be fair because you -did- pay out the a** for your win. You -did- work your a** off in your own way.

Just as the people that have won in a game, or a free RP contest, or a raffle(which requires gold and lots of it), or a free raffle, or a flatsale ... They worked their a** for it too. Just in different ways. I feel that when people that have won an auction pet in the last three events complain about not winning a free soq in that same event it's lessening and demeaning the wins of those that did win and were only able to compete in the free games because of a lack of funds.

This doesn't mean that I think you do it intentionally, I don't believe anyone would do that at all or be that hurtful. It's just, as I said above, a matter of wanting something you can't have, no matter who you are or what you've won(or how) and it just comes off as greedy and hoarding.

But getting back to point one(now that I'm done venting a little) - Holding games at different times that seem a little strange is a GREAT idea, and so is putting a cap on FS/game/freebie wins AND auctions.  

LOLLI qAq

Questionable Baby

24,800 Points
  • Interstellar Fixer 25
  • Normal Everyday Human 50
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175

Sirenz

Blessed Kin

11,825 Points
  • Striking Knight 150
  • Dragon Uprising 75
  • Energy Harvester 150
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:16 pm
Etherial Requiem

First of all, Im of the mind of, if you dont like a Soq dont try for it. Let someone else have a chance that will love it more than you if you are iffy.

Yes I hate seeing someone winning a pet and then they start to b***h and moan about how it wasn't what they wanted. *head desk*  
Feedback Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff