Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
So, Assassin's Creed Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Brotherhood!
  Whoohoo!
View Results

scrub
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:08 am
I played AC2 on a PC but I find that any game designed for consoles (except FPS games) doesn't play as well with a keyboard, so I use a USB gamepad.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:14 am
I loved the first Assassin's Creed when it first came out, it was one of the reasons I got an XBox in the first place. It did get repetitive and sometimes Altair did exactly the opposite of what you wanted, even if you input the right controls.
AC2 basically took everything that was wrong with the first game, and corrected it. All the characters had more personality, the story had more heart because it was personal. The greater range of weapons, improved combat and better free-running mechanic make it one of the few games that I've nearly played till competion (still missing those feathers).

I've no money for Brotherhood but I'm not very excited over it. I'll be more jazzed when the next assassin and time setting come along, even if it won't be until 2012.

~Nya-ha!~
blaugh

AquilaLiberum

Yaoinaut

7,700 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:57 am
I'll admit, the fact that we are staying in the same time period kinda bums me out. The fascination with these games is seeing places not seen before. Thats why they've said its unlikely we'll have one set in WW2, since thats been done to death.

I think one set in England in the times of old legends of King Arthur would be awesome. Especially with the Holy Grail being a possible piece of Eden.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:31 pm
I'd heard rumours that AC2 would be set in feudal Japan and I remember thinking, "Holy s**t, that's gonna be AWESOME". Although if Altair is the start of the line, they'd probably have to go ahead in time from the Renaissance.

~Nya-ha!~
blaugh

AquilaLiberum

Yaoinaut

7,700 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:38 am
They don't necessarily have to go ahead time wise. After all, the actual story is meant to be all that future nonsense, where there studying the past and ancestors for clues. So any past timeline is possible, they find a clue.  
The Suites

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff