Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
Deathly Hallows Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lgtenos

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:37 pm
I haven't seen it yet crying  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:21 pm
Renard Muldrake
HEY, don't diss the stool. Have you ever fought a GIANT REPTILE?

Also, I saw it the other day, & I dug it well enough.
They changed the snatchers up some. It bugged my friend because Fenrir Greyback was supposed to be the leader, & they just made him a thug. I didn't care because the dude they replaced him with had reeeeeally great pants, & hair, & a pretty good jacket.

Also, NOT ENOUGH NEVILLE.

No, I haven't. xD

But if I do fight one, I'll make sure to use my goddamn explody magic stick on it, y'know provided I have one.

Also, I was really sad about Fenrir being demoted; I missed the chance to exclaim "WELL, OBVIOUSLY, WE HAVE A RAPIST IN MALFOY MANOR." Lame. /:

And about Neville, don't worry; I'm sure he'll be pretty badass in the next film. Just you wait.

Nexus Carbuncle

Tus Ojos Oscuros..

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:28 pm
I teared up when Hedwig died.
D:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:17 pm
They do the "I'll join you when hell freezes over, DUMBLEDORE'S ARMY!!!!" line down to the very letter or I'ma have to Avada Kedavra someone.  

comfylove
Crew

Undead Honey Cake

Mewling Kitten

13,000 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:57 am
Ok i really loved the movie, i was so happy that they stayed so close to the book, and i loved the little bits of humor that where added in so nicely, as they didn't change the mood but broke the tension.

Now i have a question, i don't have my copy of the book up here at college with me, and i have to ask something if it was changed in the movie or not because it feels out of place, different at lest. It's a bit os a spoilier so my question is in white.

Does Ron leave Hermione and Harry like that in the book? I for some reason think that part's different then it was in the book, but i don't remember.

So i hope someone can help me with my question.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:27 am
I stopped reading at book .. four or so. XD; So, no clue. 8D  

Maze

AquilaLiberum

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:26 am
@Undead Honey Cake: Answer in white ->
Yeah he does, the locket makes him jealous of Harry, they fight and he leaves. Once he gets past their barriers he can't find them again.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:23 am
They did his leaving very true to the book.  

comfylove
Crew

Undead Honey Cake

Mewling Kitten

13,000 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:09 pm
thanks guys, i was really confused about that, i haven't read the book in so long and i only read it once. Everything else was in the movie was so close to the book that i didn't think they would change something that big, i guess maybe i thought it was wrong was because it felt so much like the 4th movie/book.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:50 pm
Undead Honey Cake
thanks guys, i was really confused about that, i haven't read the book in so long and i only read it once. Everything else was in the movie was so close to the book that i didn't think they would change something that big, i guess maybe i thought it was wrong was because it felt so much like the 4th movie/book.
I think the only thing they actually added that wasn't in the book was Hermione and Harry dancing, and I was really glad they added that bit.  

comfylove
Crew

Undead Honey Cake

Mewling Kitten

13,000 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:12 pm
Comfledore
Undead Honey Cake
I think the only thing they actually added that wasn't in the book was Hermione and Harry dancing, and I was really glad they added that bit.
yeah i liked that part, it was a nice little break from the tension while still letting you know how bad things where.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:55 pm
Lawl. There were a bunch of people in my theater who were really pissed that the dance scene didn't end with Harry and Hermione making out: I didn't have the heart to tell them...

Nexus Carbuncle

Nexus Carbuncle

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:57 pm
Also, what'd you all think of Helena Bonham Carter as Bellatrix? I think they picked the perfect person, but there were some moments...She was hammin' it up pretty hard in Malfoy manor. /:  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:42 am
Nexus Carbuncle
Also, what'd you all think of Helena Bonham Carter as Bellatrix? I think they picked the perfect person, but there were some moments...She was hammin' it up pretty hard in Malfoy manor. /:
i think that she was better in the 5th and 6th movie. She's just better when she's destroying the place, this movie was a lot of build up and tension the fear and uneasy you feel is because nothings really happening and it's oddly calm, not the greatest environment for Bellatrix.  

Undead Honey Cake

Mewling Kitten

13,000 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Partygoer 500

comfylove
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:21 am
Okay, I am re-reading DH, and if they do not do the Dumbledore storyline, I'm going to be upset. Also, if they do not put in Ariana at all, I will be pissed. While she's hardly in there, she's one of my favorite characters.

It almost seems to late to go too much into the Dumbledore storyline. They didn't see the Dumbledore's grave in Godric's Hollow. It was mentioned that Percival killed three Muggles, but nothing was said about Aberforth and Albus having issues and Ariana and Kendra weren't mentioned. Grrr.

I also kind of wished that Harry, Ron, and Hermione saw Ted, Dean, Dirk, and the two goblins in the forest. Now they don't know that there's two copies of the Sword of Gryffindor.

Whatever, though. I still love this movie and it's my favorite.

@Nexus: I'm just glad she didn't say "I killed Sirius Black" again. D:<  
The Suites

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces