10%
 10%  [ 13 ]
No, but this might work instead . . . [post in thread]
2%
 2%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 120

~Masamune~

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:26 pm
ALL the custom Soquilis I want are Cosplays, so I'd be really gutted if this big CC thread was made and basically I wouldn't be allowed to post anything.

My suggestion would simply be this; the CC customs thread works exactly like the CC breeding thread in that each person has only one post in which they are allowed a certain amount of forms. For every custom that a Colourist personally chooses, they should also have to randomly select one before being allowed to choose another one. That way, even if they are being biased when they choose to do one, they can't be biased with the second one they do.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:38 pm
Or maybe something like... each person can only win 1 CC custom every 3... 6... whatever number of months? That way, even if there is favoritism issues, it can be contained a bit.  

Revolutionary Roniel

Indestructible Dragon

darknightcavalier

Obsessed Dreamer

9,775 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:43 pm
Revolutionary Roniel
Or maybe something like... each person can only win 1 CC custom every 3... 6... whatever number of months? That way, even if there is favoritism issues, it can be contained a bit.

Point still being FAVORITISM.

Some people can wait out for like a year and get nothing while some would play favorites and pick two-three of their friends over the one waiting for over a year.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:34 pm
@ DNC: Yes. And from the custom month the shop had a couple years ago, a big way that the favoritism showed was from single people getting multiple forms picked while other people had no forms picked. Simply rando-ing pages wouldn't have entirely destroyed that, I'd bet.

There isn't any need to get snippy to people who are trying to be helpful.

At some point, there is no way to guarantee lack of favoritism unless it is entirely random... and if it entirely random then it isn't CC. There are always going to be risks of favoritism because there is no perfect system aside from complete randomization. Not that I'm saying that we shouldn't try to ensure that everyone has a fair chance... I'm just saying that there is a limit to how much point there is in agonizing over details.

I think we could use some colorists in here to give their opinion on what sort of hoops they'd be willing to jump through to prevent favoritism... vs what would make it too annoying to bother with. It'd be a complete backfire if we thought of all these great ways to prevent "favoritism" when all we ended up doing was making a huge hassle for the people doing the work.  

Revolutionary Roniel

Indestructible Dragon

Pollack

Fashionable Mage

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:45 pm
darknightcavalier
Revolutionary Roniel

Point still being FAVORITISM.

Some people can wait out for like a year and get nothing while some would play favorites and pick two-three of their friends over the one waiting for over a year.

Thats why there should be a rule that if you CC something in the month, you have to roll at least ONE slot from the thread. That way favoritism is cut down.

There will always be people playing favorites, thats just how humans work, but that doesn't mean that we can't do things to cut it down.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:52 pm
I myself am stuck on the real solution here for the CC's. Rolling slots per page don't exactly fully work because you do have to be extremely lucky here, even for the limited LL or the Newbie slots, heck that isn't exactly what I call CC anymore because it's removing the colorist's full freedom to choose.

That's one side to that. The other is if the colorists do have full choice control, what's stopping them form not playing favorites? Nothing.  

darknightcavalier

Obsessed Dreamer

9,775 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400

LydaLynn

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:29 am
It's a CC - it's a bonus if they manage to even get to it. And it's not just a bonus for us, it's a bonus for them. Personally, I like to believe they are good people as well as amazing artists. And that given this opportunity, they'd prove that. But if they don't, then we worry about it. Or, more accurately, allow the other colorists and staff to talk to them about it and try and resolve things. But CC is colorist CHOICE for a reason. If we want them to want to do these extras, we don't want to limit their ability to choose.

There's already a two month waiting period between customs. They already are going to be doing randoms for their normal spots. Those that don't want to choose are more than welcome to random in the MCCL. But let them do the style they want to do sometimes too. If they've been stuck doing lace and frills for the month because that's what the dice roller landed on, they should be allowed to pick fangs and gore if that's what they like doing.

Once again, this would be a BONUS!

People arn't complaining about favoritism with the breeding mccl - because it's rare that anyone is even picked and if they are it's because that's what the colorist feels like doing for their extra stuff. I'm not going to complain about it. And it makes a smaller dent in people trying for breedings than a mccl for customs would make. Since each person can have two breedings a month, but only one custom every two months - getting chosen for a custom takes your name out of the hat quicker and longer - thus, reducing how much a 'favored' person could benefit anyway.

As for the point about only questing cosplays. You have the option of coming up with something original to put in an mccl - or you can just wait for normal spots.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:21 am
User Image

It's going to be unfair to whoever doesn't get picked no matter WHAT.
There will always be whinging and whining.

But really? They're extra customs, so stop whining.

T-Kai

Timid Lunatic

16,050 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100

Celeanor
Crew

Dangerous Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:51 am
*supports LydaLynn's sentiments wholeheartedly!*

It's colorist's choice guys, let them do some stuff they like doing for heaven's sake and stop complaining that a concept you think is awesome may not be judged as awesome to them. Different strokes for different folks, y'know? ^__~

If you like colorist A's style, and they like frills, make a frilly concept you like that might also appeal to them? Be nice and be supportive of others while you endeavor for however many months/years it takes to land a slot, and you may even get picked just on good behavior! Coming up in here and trying to add chance to a system that is supposed to reward the colorists and give'em a shot to do stuff they like is just mean-spirited and doesn't make'em feel any more charitable towards anyone. ='( !!!

On that note, I also support banning cosplays from any custom MCCL list, that is a srsbnzess can of worms nobody wants to open. I am also questing for a cosplay, but I wouldn't dream of trying to attach any ownership to him before I've actually landed a slot. That just isn't fair to any of the numerous other people that may have taken a shine to the same character, and who may just have better luck then me.

Angeni domains, however, I think should be open season. Three people can quest for "Cooking" and if one colorist looks at all three and thinks the one the wields frying pans is way cool and decides to do it, s'all good! The other two who were questing "Cooking" can change to "Roasting" or "Baking" or something else that another colorist (or maybe even the same one who did Cooking!) might find attractive and decide to CC.

There are so many ways to mess with Angeni domains to still get what you want, but Cosplays are one shots and should be left to chance.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:41 am
I have to say that it has always been the way here at Soquili in regards to cosplays that a cosplay never belongs to anyone until it is actually bought and paid for. To this notion, I have to think that allowing cosplay forms on a MCCL would really just contradict the whole thing with not having dibs on cosplays.

also, for the people who are afraid of idea/concept theivery.. well, that is a chance you take with making your ideas public.

however, i think it could be interesting to have another custom month as opposed to the MCCL. maybe limits could be put in place. I know the last time we had a custom month; there were several people who had MULTIPLE forms all cc'd... while many people never got anything.  

Graceangel

Benevolent Phantom

17,750 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Person of Interest 200

vballlvr5

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:36 pm
Graceangel
I have to say that it has always been the way here at Soquili in regards to cosplays that a cosplay never belongs to anyone until it is actually bought and paid for. To this notion, I have to think that allowing cosplay forms on a MCCL would really just contradict the whole thing with not having dibs on cosplays.

also, for the people who are afraid of idea/concept theivery.. well, that is a chance you take with making your ideas public.

however, i think it could be interesting to have another custom month as opposed to the MCCL. maybe limits could be put in place. I know the last time we had a custom month; there were several people who had MULTIPLE forms all cc'd... while many people never got anything.
whats a custom month?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:35 pm
Graceangel

Word biggrin
I'd love a chance at another customs month with some restrictions

Vball~ Customs month was when the colorist had a giant MCCL of customs that people wanted. You could post as many ideas as you want so long as you had enough money to cover all of them. The entire month colorists picked several soquili from this list.

If they restricted to 1 soquili per person then itd be abit more fair  

Renegade Athena

Phoenix_soarys

Romantic Hunter

10,275 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:14 pm
i like the idea... buuut... with a few tweeks...

maybe instead of a "customs month" again... because it seems favoritism is a biiiiig flippin deal... (fyi, i did enter... i didn't get picked... i didn't get butt hurt either)

why not just one big happy month long customs roll?

as a colorist finishes one... they can roll for ANOTHER....
you can even divide the list up like you normally do... that way.. those that don't like edits... can roll from their list... and those that love edits... can go hog wild?

and to make it easy... maybe only allow Two entries per... (like cc) that way people don't have to pick and poke and try to figure out which quest they want more...

thus alleviating the fear of accidentally rolling something they can't do... the possibilities of favoritism...

as for Cos plays.... one of the challenges of any b/c shop is being able to "score" what you want... In real life... if you call dibs on a doughnut, and some one grabs it... are you going to hate them?

They are Pixels people... admittedly lovely.. wonderful pixels... but none the less...

*gets off her soap box*
(oh.. and also.. i've NEVER EVER been CC'd so..... )  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:21 pm
I think rolling defeats the purpose of this list. I mean, the colorists already have a customs quota they HAVE to do...and they HAVE to roll for those. So basically making a master list where they have to randomly choose is, well, basically doing nothing more but demanding the colorists take on more custom slots. That doesn't seem fair to the colorist. What if they only want to do, say, an unedited? Or a natural?

I think CC should be just that... colorist choice. Unlike the customs month, if you win a custom via the Master CC list it should count as your limit - ie, you're not allowed to get another custom for a month. So its not like the same people could get multiple customs in a month...and I think if their was obvious favoritism then it could be handled on a case by case basis. Someone would be bound to notice and raise an eyebrow is the same colorist was picking the same person every time.

Kamiki

Fandom Fox

20,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Phoenix_soarys

Romantic Hunter

10,275 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:10 pm
yes and no,
because they can pick it up when they WANT, not have to...

but in the end... no matter what.. .some one is going to find a reason to complain... *shrugs*

either way... that was my two cents.....  
Feedback Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff