Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Brave New World (4e) Slots Filled! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Drag0nK1d

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:11 pm
I understand. No worries man.
Hell, I'm actually still waiting on the campaign my ranger's in anyway, so I thought I might try another campaign.
I know, I'm a stupid rookie. My apologies for the issues.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:16 pm
... what are you apologizing for, exactly?

And if you want to play a warlock, go ahead. I mean, they even have a feat in Arcane Power that lets you place a mark on a creature that has already been Cursed. But Glithrien doesn't have it, and any curses you place will deny him damage. Two warlocks are totally doable, but they really both need Accursed Coordination to function well.

But I think you might be better off with a different class. Just saying is all >_o  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

KytanaTheThief
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:48 am
Mmm, any chance I could join up on this? The plot looks simple, yet fun (who doesn't love dragons? XD), and my mind is already having fun working on an elven druid lol

I could have a char sheet up by evening, if you'd like  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:45 am
I'll take your advice & modify my char.
I'm presuming you will be needing a warlord, so I think that'll be my char. I need to do a massive change though & it'll take me a little bit.
If that's the case, I'll probably have it up by tomorrow morning because I got work for the next 4 days in the nights.  

Drag0nK1d

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:51 am
Generally a leader of any kind is a huge boon for any party lacking one. The party doesn't have a leader yet, but Tei Kae is in the process of making her bard character, so you don't need to feel obligated to make warlord if you don't want to play a leader. If you do like warlords though, the synergy between one and a party with a fighter and a rogue could be pretty great, so still plenty worth doing.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:07 am
That's exactly the reason why I wanted to make a warlord, however though, not as leader, & mainly as a secondary buffer (well, to a degree).
Hell, for my char's backstory it'd make no sense for him to be leader anyway, so luckily for the campaign.
I'm going to have a hell of a time working my char's backstory into this campaign because of how complex I want to make it, & spoilers... it does involve dwarven family.  

Drag0nK1d

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:48 am
Ahh, dwarven families.

One of my characters in another game is a dwarven grandfather. I figured it'd be interesting to make him level 1 because he's old and retired, rather than because he's a budding adventurer. The campaign worked well for explaining why a retiree would be up and out adventuring.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:08 am
Interesting... very interesting.
I bet you had a hell of a fun time playing as a sage in a different way... someone who is in their senior years, yet is adventuring & utilizing all his years to assist his friends & allies.
*rereads the backstory* Oh I have no clue how I'm going to be able to work a half-elf seeking knowledge about his family backstory into this campaign.
God I feel like a n00b.  

Drag0nK1d

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:14 pm
KytanaTheThief
Mmm, any chance I could join up on this? The plot looks simple, yet fun (who doesn't love dragons? XD), and my mind is already having fun working on an elven druid lol

I could have a char sheet up by evening, if you'd like

You are not in any of my games, so please, feel free to come join.

Kytana and Drag0n will have dibs on slots, so unless either one does not get their sheet up by the 15th, there won't be room for Psychofish. He's familiar with my scheme of trying to get newer guild members more involved, so I hope he won't have that much of a problem with it smile  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:20 pm
Drag0nK1d
Interesting... very interesting.
I bet you had a hell of a fun time playing as a sage in a different way... someone who is in their senior years, yet is adventuring & utilizing all his years to assist his friends & allies.
*rereads the backstory* Oh I have no clue how I'm going to be able to work a half-elf seeking knowledge about his family backstory into this campaign.
God I feel like a n00b.

This continent has been in the process of being settled over the past 100 years. Half-elves aren't any more long-lived than humans, so your character's grandfather or even great-grandfather could have been an original settler or explorer here. Perhaps someone who disappeared without a trace?

We're a little ways inland, as the ocean is 300-400 miles (give or take) west of Arlia Castle.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:22 pm
Not at all! I enjoy your games, and everyone should get to give 'em a shot. I'm in quite a few already. xp

Going to make my character anyway, I think, since I have fun making them, and Tabi and I were bouncing concepts of related character histories around Maybe it'll help her expand hers if nothing else. I'm sure I'll find a game to be in with her eventually.  
KytanaTheThief rolled 16 6-sided dice: 4, 4, 1, 5, 1, 4, 4, 5, 6, 6, 1, 5, 3, 2, 6, 2 Total: 59 (16-96)
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:28 pm
Awesome!! Now, first 4....  

KytanaTheThief
Crew

KytanaTheThief rolled 12 6-sided dice: 1, 6, 6, 1, 2, 4, 2, 4, 1, 4, 5, 4 Total: 40 (12-72)

KytanaTheThief
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:30 pm
and last 3, for a final of...

...lot of 13's....  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:39 pm
All those 13's might seem meh now, but they'll seem more awesome once Paragon tier bumps them all to 14's. ^-^

With racial bumps, you're looking at a 19 primary and 15 secondary, and being halfway to 4th level, 20/16 before long.

Your stats need no adjusting, but you can always fall back on point buy if you're THAT dissatisfied (though you have 27 points based on point-buy standards, if that makes you feel any better).

Is your wild shape going to be as foxy as your avatar?  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out